Looking for podcasts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Looking for podcasts

Post by Rusty »

I've started listening to podcasts on my smartphone while I drive at night. I've found Guntalk on their own app. and on Stitcher radio I also found a podcast by Michael Blaine, also on Stitcher.

Does anyone have any podcasts they like to listen to?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Re: Looking for podcasts

Post by GonnePhishin »

The only ones I listen to are Bible based ones. PM me if you are interested.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm a solar-powered driver... :P And a sinner, so I listen to "outlaw country" on Sirius/XM... but with the volume real low so others aren't offended... :twisted: But, mostly the volume's down so I can use the phone talkin' with folks rather than listening to the radio!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I drive a lot too-- i have found a couple others through itunes but Gun Talk with Tom Gresham is the only one i can listen to-

If i run out of GunTalk episodes or just get tired of it, i listen to Colin Cowherd's sports radio podcast
----- Doug
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

Dave Ramsey has a good show. I also listen to Handel on the Law, and GunTalk. You can get old radio shows too, like Tales of the Texas Rangers.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I just finally bought a smart phone and haven't tried any of this, but would love to have something better to listen to than broadcast radio. How much data does this kind of listening use?

I'm not a real trucker, drive for a small private fleet delivering specialty equipment to power, chemical, refining industries so I'm usually only gone 1-3 days at a time, then home 1-2. So it's not like I'll be using it all day, every day for weeks at a time.

I was thinking XM, but then had it in a rental car when we drove to Florida last year and wasn't that impressed.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Larkbill wrote:. How much data does this kind of listening use?

d.
If you download a show to your phone while you are at home, or otherwise connected through a Wi-Fi connection, - hardly any

If you "stream" the show as you are rolling along and download it from the phone's network, it uses a bunch. I use an Unlimited plan through Sprint that was about $80 (plus another King's Ransom in miscellaneous fees - sheesh) and last month i used 6 GB, mostly from streaming podcasts and listening to the various internet radio sites (Iheart, Pandora, Itunes radio)
----- Doug
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Yep.

School Sucks Project
I enjoy Brett on School Sucks. He's very smart and well spoken. He and I differ in our religious and political beliefs, however I can overlook those as the content is very rich.
#242, 244, 245 Highlighting Gene Odening and the trivium method of education
#329 on the history of Hollywood Censorship
#261, 264, 269, 279, 285, 288, 297, 305 With Thaddeus Russell, guaranteed to get your brain working and your blood pressure up at some point.

Featured Voices
#117 Former Senator Bill Bradley

Radiolab
"Parasites" is the first one I heard. Got me hooked.

Financial Sense Newshour
Hours 1 & 2

McAlvany Weekly Commentary
Good global geopolitical knowledge. Very much a goldbug, they sell it.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Thanks Doug, looks like I need to load some Dave Ramsey and maybe some others while I'm home. Headed for Kingston, Tn tonight so will try it.

Post by flyfisher66048 »

I like "the survival podcast" by Jack Spirco. He talks about gardening, guns, food preservation, politics, business, and other good topics. Not your normal survivalist doom and gloom.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I listen to "Truth for Life" by Allistair Begg. You can download content and listen at your leisure.

Begg is IMO the best educated, best Bible expositer, and best public speaker on the air that I know of.

I suggest trying out his podcasts, they are well worth the time and very thought provoking and very consistent and no pan-handling.

Grizz
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I've heard of this one but never listened. Its modern defensive shooting oriented I believe.

http://ballisticradio.com/podcasts/
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?