Darrell Waltrip 'Do You Think You're A Good Person?'

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Darrell Waltrip 'Do You Think You're A Good Person?'

Post by cshold »

Darrell Waltrip Shares His Personal Testimony: http://youtu.be/JIewYyFXWp8
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Darrell Waltrip 'Do You Think You're A Good Person?'

Post by rjohns94 »

Awesome
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I watched the whole thing and it was pretty moving.

On facebook and other places the outlets make it seem like he was blasting Obama or whomever else but really he was just giving his story and directing it to everyone, not just in the building but everywhere.

I thought its was very nice.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Well.....I believe in the overwhelming Grace of God that Jesus was sent to tell us about. Having said that, I believe that Jews, Hindus, and other followers of God's wishes are covered. Perhaps not everyone had the same messenger? God made the universe. Do people on Alpha Centauri go to he!!? I'm not sayin', just wondering..... :? :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

I for one don't know Blaine.
What I do know is, I for one am airing on the side of caution.
Eternity is a long long time.
My faith is totally in the one that freely hung on the cross for all my life's stupidity. :)
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Jesus said that the only way to the Father was through himself (Jesus). It was also said that when he returns (Jesus) that every knee will bow and hail him as the Son of God (rough paraphrase).......
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Having said that, I believe that Jews, Hindus, and other followers of God's wishes are covered. Perhaps not everyone had the same messenger?
Acts 4:12 and John 14:6 are keys to understanding this.

I love your confession of faith. I encourage you to study scripture. It is God's way of communicating with each of his children. The beauty of growing familiar with God's world-view is somewhat "like" the beauty of music, it grows on you, and it grows you. It is mind and soul expanding. Like Handel's Messiah. Something downloaded by divine inspiration.

There is plenty in the Bible to dispute and fight about, BUT as Begg says, "the main things are the plain things, and the plain things are the main things."

I rest at the intersection of absolute true truth with both things cannot possibly be true at the same time. The binary proposition is the best filter of chaff and bad coding. The main things. The plain things.

Grizz
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote:
Having said that, I believe that Jews, Hindus, and other followers of God's wishes are covered. Perhaps not everyone had the same messenger?
Acts 4:12 and John 14:6 are keys to understanding this.

I love your confession of faith. I encourage you to study scripture. It is God's way of communicating with each of his children. The beauty of growing familiar with God's world-view is somewhat "like" the beauty of music, it grows on you, and it grows you. It is mind and soul expanding. Like Handel's Messiah. Something downloaded by divine inspiration.

There is plenty in the Bible to dispute and fight about, BUT as Begg says, "the main things are the plain things, and the plain things are the main things."

I rest at the intersection of absolute true truth with both things cannot possibly be true at the same time. The binary proposition is the best filter of chaff and bad coding. The main things. The plain things.

Grizz
8) I refuse to believe that God's Chosen People, the Jews, are going to hell....likewise, someone born in India, or a rain forest somewhere.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Hmmmm. If God is lying about that, then how can you believe Him that His Grace is sufficient for you?

See what I mean? We're talking about Christ's words. How do you decide which ones are true?

For me, I accept his words as true, even when it hurts my feelings, or I don't understand. Otherwise I make myself out to be God, same as the pharisees and saducees of Jesus' day.

Back to the binary.
Jesus is God. the Bible tells me so.
God cannot lie. the Bible tells me so.
Therefore, Jesus did not lie.
I accept what He says as True.

You know I am a very simple guy, I just go for the obvious.

Grizz :)
Last edited by Grizz on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote:Hmmmm. If God is lying about that, then how can you believe Him that His Grace is sufficient for you?

See what I mean? We're talking about Christ's words. How do you decide which ones are true?
It's called Faith..... Sort of like Creationism v. Evolution.....In my mind they are perfectly compatible.. Also, Occam's Razor plays a big part....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

On the other hand, it is not my mind that matters, but God's. What may seem unfair or impossible or contradictory from my perspective, I have to trust that from God's perspective things are clear. I can accept it all or not at all, but if I pick and choose what I accept and what I don't want to accept, I have no base or foundation, and I am trusting nothing but my own ideas.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

BlaineG wrote:
Grizz wrote:Hmmmm. If God is lying about that, then how can you believe Him that His Grace is sufficient for you?

It's called Faith..... Sort of like Creationism v. Evolution.....In my mind they are perfectly compatible.. Also, Occam's Razor plays a big part....
I think I can help with this conceptually. Your discomfort about the end of other peoples is understandable, is a commonly held notion, but it is not in line with God's revelation of himself.

God has said certain things are true about himself. He is holy. He is kind. He is loving. He is merciful. He is just and judge of all his creation.

What people miss is that all of the "attributes" that we know about God are eternal, and they are infinite. God's holiness is absolutely pure, is infinite, and is eternal. God's kindness is infinite. God's love is infinite. God's mercy is infinite. God's judgement is infinite. God's justice is infinite. This is what God has revealed about himself.

Therefore, even though satan and the demons that follow him will be in hell forever, and everyone who hates God and loves injustice and loves sin and loves mahem and violence and who refuses Christ's offer of forgiveness and eternal life, will dwell with the demons in hell.

This has caused a lot of consternation because people don't get HOW HOLY God is. They don't get HOW HORRIBLE sin is, and they don't get HOW INFINITE the price Christ paid in bearing our sin is.

So, a just and holy judge CANNOT wink at or overlook sin without HIMSELF becoming sinful. A loving God cannot allow the demons to pollute his kingdom with their willful unholiness.

But a loving and merciful God can make a provision for those who come to him in humility, admit that we are not holy and need his help, and accept the sacrifice that Christ made in our place as due us, but paid by Christ.

THIS IS WHAT FAITH IS. Nothing less.

Now about all those others that people fret about. God CANNOT MISJUDGE. God WILL NOT PUNISH anyone who will come to him, OR would come to him. And since God is omniscient, he KNOWS EVERYTHING, he can make fair, unbiased, HOLY decisions about each person who ever lives or will live. God CANNOT make a mistake about justice.

Unlike every court in our nation. Unlike most of the laws being passed. Unlike the ones who are punished unjustly and the other ones who are unjustly unpunished.

We are made in God's image and likeness, but He is not MADE, he is NOT like us.

I've taught this a couple of times from a book written by A.W. Tozer called Knowledge of the Holy. It is a small book, but very deep and very enlightening. I highly recommend it. Especially for athiests and skeptics, because all of them that I've met and read know absolutely nothing substantive or factual about God.

One would think the rabid athiests would know something about the matter, but in fact they do not.

So, to recap. It is God's business about the Jewish people, hindu people, muslim people, skeptical people, hateful people, HE IS SOVEREIGN, and He will do whatever he wills about them.

For humans to meddle in God's affairs is like an amoeba trying to run our Nation's affairs. O Snap!

For me and my house, we believe what the Bible says, we believe it literally, like Darrell Waltrip. We trust God and Christ and Holy Spirit. Literally trust. Because He IS sovereign, and we are as dust. He does not require our advice or consent to run his kingdom.

He does tell us to do some things, and sharing this is one of them.

In Christ,
Grizz
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

furthermore:

evolution is not "compatible" with creation. they are TWO DIAMETRICALLY OPPOSED THINGS.

But facts are convenient things. One fact is that there has not been enough time since creation for all the permutations to take place to evolve anything from one kind to another. Something explicitly stated as not happening in scripture. "each kind reproduces after its own kind."

Another fact is that "the odds of getting even one functional protein of modest length (150 amino acids) by chance from a prebiotic soup is no better than 1 chance in 10^164." [Signature in the Cell, p212] that's just for one small protein.

And ..." British cosmologist Sir Fred Hoyle calculated the odds of producing the proteins necessary to service a simple one-celled organism by chance at 1 in 10^40,000" power. [ibid. p213] Not to put too fine a point on it, IMPOSSIBLE. And no, that is not a misprint.

Creation and evilution are that very intersection that I dearly love. BOTH THINGS CANNOT POSSIBLY BE TRUE. Because evolution precludes the possibility of God existing, evolution is another demonic lie that people fall for. But right over on the other hand, God's creation precludes the possibility of evolution existing because He specifically declares that He created everything. BOTH THINGS CANNOT simultaneously BE TRUE.

I highly recommend Signature in the Cell by Stephen C. Meyer. He is a well known and respected scientist who has a gift for explaining the workings of biology at the DNA and RNA level. Intelligent design, and what it means, and the fact that it is not possible for INFORMATION, the coded instructions that direct protein creation and cell biology, to bubble up from a chemical goo.

Grizz

if you go to Meyer's website: http://www.signatureinthecell.com/

there is a video in the lower right pane that has an animation of what is going on in the cell, and shows why the odds against chance mutations creating that are astronomical.

this is a video of the author explaining the dicotomy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6xRGtJHC1E
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You're giving me "odds".... God could have made a chemical goo into anything he wanted......At the same time, ancient man, being overwhelmed by miracles, would explain them as best he could....Grizz, we agree more than you think..... Grace is the issue, it's the price tag we're talking about. I say the price is Zero....open the door. I posit you are still thinking under The Law.....

All of this is guesswork....No man knows, or will ever be allowed to know. I don't want to say "false prophet", but.........

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

BlaineG wrote:You're giving me "odds".... God could have made a chemical goo into anything he wanted......At the same time, ancient man, being overwhelmed by miracles, would explain them as best he could....Grizz, we agree more than you think..... Grace is the issue, it's the price tag we're talking about. I say the price is Zero....open the door. I posit you are still thinking under The Law.....

All of this is guesswork....No man knows, or will ever be allowed to know. I don't want to say "false prophet", but.........
false prophet?

First, I am NOT a prophet, nor am I the son of a prophet. nor am I an apostle. I do sometimes a teach and sometimes evangelize, and I do not judge myself about this. Bible students will understand this.

I say the price is Zero....open the door. I posit you are still thinking under The Law.....
The price is not Zero, the price is the blood of Jesus Christ. But I understand you to mean that the gift is free and we do not purchase it and cannot earn it. In this we agree totally.

Not under law at all. my hope of forgiveness and eternal life is based ONLY and TOTALLY on the shed blood of Christ, the substitutionary atonement of Christ on the cross, His death, burial, and resurrection.

I do not credit my confession of this faith as being propitiatory, it is ALL Jesus, and ONLY Jesus.

The "odds" are God's authentication and certification of his revelation to us. The proposition is God's where he says
Isiah 41:22-23 Let them bring them forth, and shew us what shall happen: let them shew the former things, what they be, that we may consider them, and know the latter end of them; or declare us things for to come. Shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods
This is God's declaration of sovereignty, that He can foretell the future as well as tell things that happened in the past. Such as creation, and in Genesis, the order that life appears on earth, substantiated by science.

This knowledge of "the former things" is supplied starting in Genesis, and "the things that are to come hereafter" includes the body of prophecy that tells who Christ is, where he will come, when he will come, and what he will do.

The "odds" are there because Christ specifically said on many occasions that the prophesies in scripture are there to testify about Him. The "odds" assure that this is truth. A truth-table if you know what this is.

The primordial goo meme is proposed by materialistic athiests who deny the existence of God. I try not to mix the "wisdom of man" which is "foolishness to God" with my faith in God.

It is understandable that people are confused by the goo mentality, it has been propagandized for generations now, but it is not consistent with God's specific revelation of Himself. It is only a lie intended to deny God's existence.

The "odds" are God's way of certifying and authenticating the Truth, much the same way that a network "certificate" can certify and authenticate an encryption key, or verify a sender as being valid.

The "odds" are God's way of exposing and nullifying lies, false wisdom, and corruption. They are God's assurance of His infallible and immuteable nature, and the trustworthyness of His promises to us.

Faith is grounded in evidence. "Faith is the evidence of things unseen." Hebrews 11.

Your opinion: "All of this is guesswork....No man knows, or will ever be allowed to know" is partially true and then contradicted by scripture.

For example: "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law." De 29:29

God has revealed things to us that we need to know now, and in the afterlife we will have our knowledge expanded but with some things still secrets belonging to the LORD.

I encourage everyone with any interest in God things to read, as a start, Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer. It is a Bible study that goes a long way to dispel myths, half-truths and outright misunderstandings about God.

Best,
Grizz
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

This is not something to argue about. Maybe I'm doomed, but I'll listen to my heart before I listen to Man.... :idea: In days of yore, this is the point where a couple of guys would draw swords and try to kill each other over the Love Of God.... :roll:

Honest, Your Honor...I had to kill him to save him.... :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

We're arguing? I didn't know that.

There are more than only us two checking this out, I view it as an opportunity to exalt the LORD.

Thanks for helping.

:) Grizz
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote:We're arguing? I didn't know that.

There are more than only us two checking this out, I view it as an opportunity to exalt the LORD.

Thanks for helping.

I agree.....(Since God has always existed, and predates the universe, I just figgered he loves more than just the Christians....(of which I consider myself one :D )

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

BlaineG wrote:
Grizz wrote:We're arguing? I didn't know that.

Thanks for helping.

I agree.....(Since God has always existed, and predates the universe, I just figgered he loves more than just the Christians....(of which I consider myself one :D )
ABSOLUTELY. The price has been paid for all of the sin of all mankind for all time. The ticket is paid for, for everyone who ever existed, whoever will exist. Tetelesti.

Just need to come to the ticket cross and appropriate one for oneself.

Simple easy-peasy,

Repent AND Believe God