Local Gun Show Report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Local Gun Show Report

Post by Mainehunter »

The gun club that I belong to was having their annual gun show today and tomorrow. I got there early enough before it got too crowded. A lot more firearms than last year but I was quite surprised on the lever guns. It was practically all Winchesters, mix of Uberi, Mossberg, Rossi and Savage and only 1 Marlin! :o and it was a 36A in 30-30.

Did pick up a few reloading supplies, brass and primers but the biggest score was finding a brand new trap barrel for my Mossberg 500. The original barrel that came with it was damaged and they are like hens teeth trying to find one. The other interesting thing I bought was a Lyman AR reloading handbook and it just came out this month.

Mainehunter :wink:
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Local Gun Show Report

Post by Streetstar »

Were there any Beanie Babies and T-shirts with dream catchers and coyotes on them? Or how about some "designer" ladies handbags? or a thousand ar15 variants

:lol: sounds like your gunshows are better than mine
----- Doug
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Streetser, you have been going to the same shows I have, but you forgot to mention the tables of cheap Chinese fantasy swords with skulls on the pommels.

:lol:

:cry:
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Bill in Oregon wrote:... cheap Chinese fantasy swords with skulls on the pommels.

:lol:

:cry:
Years ago an acquaintance gave me a large Bowie type knife like that with an "ornate" gold colored pot metal handle as a birthday gift. I accepted it graciously and keep it in my shop, but every time I look at it I wonder who thinks that cheap, gaudy impractical thing is worth spending money on? :lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

How was ammo looking out there? I'm still trying to justify the parking "tax" on top of anything I would purchase at one... And stories of beenie babies, jerky and swords only serve to keep me away.
The pre-remlin marlin shortage seems to mirror what I've been seeing though online trading. Even the 30-30s are starting to get harder to find.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

So, how was the beef jerky? :lol:
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

They way some of you describing your gun shows sounds to me more like a flea market! The only thing that wasn't "gun related" there was a women selling hand made Allagash pack baskets (came close picking one up) and various herbs. The more I think of it there were more AR stuff then last year.
Panzercat wrote:How was ammo looking out there? I'm still trying to justify the parking "tax" on top of anything I would purchase at one... And stories of beenie babies, jerky and swords only serve to keep me away.
The pre-remlin marlin shortage seems to mirror what I've been seeing though online trading. Even the 30-30s are starting to get harder to find.
Ammo was mixed, quite of few semi-auto ammo but even though there weren't that many 22's but it seamed there were a lot more vendors carrying them compared to last year.

The absence of the Marlins has gotten my attention! I don't know if I would call it a shortage or what but I see plenty of them in various gun shops all over the state. This was a small gun show so I'm thinking the vendor grabbed what he thought would sell faster.

Mainehunter :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Dang......you gots to come on down to Pa.......the land of gun shows ........every weekend within 75 miles.------sorry.....Nothing personal about Maine.

We chase dealers out who have beef jerky or jewelry.

Whooooooopppps........I got this at the last gunshow in Lebanon, Pa......but.......

It's NOT jewelry......it's a Vibershield.......ain't cheap, but you won't fall down......plus...the girl who sold it to me had a rack that would choke a whale.-------- :D -------6

Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Sixgun wrote:

...the girl who sold it to me had a rack that would choke a whale.-------- :D -------6

]
Didn't happen without pix. :D
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

jnyork wrote:
Sixgun wrote:

...the girl who sold it to me had a rack that would choke a whale.-------- :D -------6

]
I've bought lots of stuff off the same girl............or one just like her. jes sayin'
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

She sounds like Jennifer Tilly from the 1989 movie "Let It Ride" starring Richard Dreyfuss.
She comes up behind him and covers his eyes and says, Guess who and Richard says, A football salesman.

Probably kin and I would buy from her.
busa