Reduced Recoil Hornady .30-30 Ammo On Sale @ Midway

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Reduced Recoil Hornady .30-30 Ammo On Sale @ Midway

Post by Pete44ru »

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Reduced Recoil Hornady .30-30 Ammo On Sale @ Midway

Post by jdad »

They also have plenty of CCI "Standard Velocity" 22 ammo. 2 bricks per person.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/847005 ... uctFinding
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The 30-30 has recoil?! Well mercy sakes ...... :o :?:

What are they gonna come up with next?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I expect that somebody starting a youngster out deer hunting would be very interested in a reduced recoil commercial loading.

OR, an adult suffering a permanent neck injury, for that matter.

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Pete44ru wrote:.

I expect that somebody starting a youngster out deer hunting would be very interested in a reduced recoil commercial loading.

OR, an adult suffering a permanent neck injury, for that matter.

Yep. Or my dad, who is 85 and has had a subdural hematoma before, so doesn't need to be jarred around.
Or the person who only has a few rifles (it could happen!) and could use reduced loads to dispatch skunks, rats, whatever.
Last edited by vancelw on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I started shooting Dad's 94 when I was 9 years old. I remember it smacking me pretty good. I imagine there is a market for reduced recoil 30-30 ammo to make shooting more fun for little folks starting out, or don't handload.
NRA Life Member
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

TedH wrote:I started shooting Dad's 94 when I was 9 years old. I remember it smacking me pretty good. I imagine there is a market for reduced recoil 30-30 ammo to make shooting more fun for little folks starting out, or don't handload.
My Grandson Brylen has been shooting his family hand me down 94 carbine 30-30 since he was 6 yr. old . I started him off with it using light 100 gr. plink loads that run around 1400fps. He has learned to shoot that 94 and become comfortable and familiar with it because of light loads. The Hornady 30-30 light loads would be great for the person that does not handload. Brylen turned 9yr. old in November and was allowed to hunt deer this season for the first time. All that practice with light loads helped Brylen make a perfect heart shot on his first deer last wk. with a Winchester 150gr. Silver Tip.Image
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I suppose I am an insensitive curmudgeon. But I think anyone who claims to be so physically pathetic that they need reduced 30-30 ammo needs to find something else to shoot.

Many summers ago my then 10 year old step son wanted to shoot my 30-30 lever guns I offered to load up some light stuff but he gave me one of those looks. He never flinched with anything I had loaded for the 30-30, 303 Brit or what ever I had.
Neither did my wife.

Far as I'm concerned that reduced recoil stuff is just a marketing gimmick. Or an answer to a question never asked.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

My Physician told me today that his old Winchester 30-30 has very stout recoil. He is shooting factory loads. He is probably not over 40-42 years old, slender and weights lifts some. Takes excellent care of himself.

Says that it seems to kick more than his bolt action 30-06. Everyone feels/perceives recoil differently it seems to me.

hayabusa
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

My 11 yo son enjoys shooting the old 30wcf with remingtons 125 grain reduced recoil ammo much more than the 32WS with leverevolution.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

hayabusa wrote: Everyone feels/perceives recoil differently it seems to me.

hayabusa
Exactly. It depends on your build, stance, the design of the gun, and your individual perception.

That's why I get amused/disgusted at all the internet arguments. So few can see past their own experiences.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle