moon clips?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
superchicken
Levergunner 2.0

moon clips?

Post by superchicken »

For those of you who use moon clips, how do you carry them for CCW? It seems to me that the little cases that keep them from bending in your pocket would negate the utility of them in terms of speed loads. Please educate me.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: moon clips?

Post by vancelw »

Google "moon clip holder".
Most are for competition, but some are for CCW. I like the ones that are like short, speedloader cases.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

SC,
I don't carry one of those babies but I sure do shoot the snot out of them on occasional weekends and my suggestion to you is to never buy new/modern moon clips.......junk.......Grab a mess of WW1/WW2 military issue clips........they DONT bend......good quality spring steel.--------6

Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
superchicken
Levergunner 2.0

Post by superchicken »

Vance,

Thanks. I've seen those. I was really asking how well the moon clip holders work and how much they slow down reloading.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

superchicken wrote:Vance,

Thanks. I've seen those. I was really asking how well the moon clip holders work and how much they slow down reloading.
Still faster than speed-loaders, loading strips, and almost as fast as removeable magazines. Practice, practice, practice.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle