New CCW a/primary carry side arm

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

New CCW a/primary carry side arm

Post by rjohns94 »

In a previous topic we were talking about riot control, high cap sidearms and SBR a like carbines/pistols. I reported then I chose to upgrade my j frame to a sig 227 in .45. Took a few weeks and I made a change or two to the final firearm. I goy it this weekend. The sig 227 is awesome. I put several boxes of practice and self defense ammo through it. I love it. Night sights provide great low light targeting. The pistol is very accurate, the 15 rounds of .45 more comforting than 5 38s. I dropped the rail option and happy I did. Next will be a carbine of some sort. Below pictures, from bottom to top, show the bag I carry with the 14 rd mag inserted , then the 10 rd mag inserted, then the hidden pouch is shown with the Sig partially inserted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: New CCW a/primary carry side arm

Post by Griff »

Mike,

:P I swear, you change guns like some guys change their underwear! :P :lol: :lol: But, then... I can understand why you're more comfortable with 15 .45s than 5 .38s! Congrats!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

nice Sig...big boomer... :)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Don't blame you....I upped my round count from an AirWeight to a LCP with 6+1, and 2 extra mags......I hope I'm not screwing up with "just" a 380.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

BlaineG,
How are you carrying those 2 extra mags..???
I'm also carrying an LCP MOST of the time. Over the years I've noticed that a reliable .380 in my pocket provides considerably more comfort than the hottest whiz-bang hi-cap big bore auto-loader on the planet IN MY DRAWER at HOME.
Down here in LaFlorida...we don't have many days when a jacket is comfortable to wear. Minimalist cover is pretty much the daily routine.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Griff, your right but I'm slowing down in my changes and things seem to keep coming around to the same guns. I have owned 6 sig full size guns. 2x226s and 4x220s. And I keep coming back to the .45. So I'm hoping the 227 bridges the gap between high cap and caliber. At least that is the thinking.

Blaine, while in a truck, I have one in the side door panel, the other in my leather carry case where my journal, bible, iPad and organizer reside. This travels with me everyday during the week. On weekends or non work days, I shift to the other bag I have, my maxpedition pack which has my everyday "survival" gear in it.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rjohns94 wrote:The pistol is very accurate, the 15 rounds of .45 more comforting than 5 38s. I dropped the rail option and happy I did.
That is exactly why I switched from my 5-shot Charter Arms 44 Special to the Para Ordnance 14-shot in 45 ACP.

Easier to shoot accurately.
Holds more 'bullets'.

Yes, it is a bit harder to conceal, but I don't go anywhere that it matters. The P-12 is another option, and it is about the same size ('Officers Model') as the Charter Arms, still holds 12 rounds of 45 ACP. I just test-fired the P-14 first, and 500 rounds of Golden Saber fed flawlessly, so it got the nod.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

So where are the pics?? No pics, it didn't happen...lol
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

guido4198 wrote:BlaineG,
How are you carrying those 2 extra mags..???
I'm also carrying an LCP MOST of the time. Over the years I've noticed that a reliable .380 in my pocket provides considerably more comfort than the hottest whiz-bang hi-cap big bore auto-loader on the planet IN MY DRAWER at HOME.
Down here in LaFlorida...we don't have many days when a jacket is comfortable to wear. Minimalist cover is pretty much the daily routine.
I'm usually in my grungy biker outfit, and slip it upside down in the top left inside pocket of my leather vest. When I "have" to dress up for American Legion Band Concerts, I'll slip in behind the bandana in my front right pocket. The two extra mags are in a lower side pocket of the vest....
I don't believe it can be seen...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BlaineG wrote:Don't blame you....I upped my round count from an AirWeight to a LCP with 6+1, and 2 extra mags......I hope I'm not screwing up with "just" a 380.....
BlaineG -- I don't think so...I know four to five "70-somethings" that have switched over to the LCP...I bought one, don't carry it much, but I like the idea of having it when t-shirt-shorts-flip-flop weather arrives, I look at the .380acp as an option, especially since it's easirer to reload than a S&W j-frame air-weight. I used to own a old Colt Police Revolver from the early days of NYPD, it was chambered in a .32 caliber (it predated the transition to .38spl.), that .32 was one of the "weakest" shooting rounds I ever shot, but many back-in-the-day thought it was good enough... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

My main carry gun is my Taurus 431 3 inch .44 spl, In the summer with the holster I have I can wear it under an untucked T shirt.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The LCP is certainly better than no gun at all, and inside the range it was designed for, it's fairly capable (assuming six rounds does it, and there's only 1 bad guy).

Just don't delude yourself you'll be winning a fight against multiple guys with what's basically an insert-into-bad-guy's nostril gun.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Thanks for the pics, Mike. Looks great! Good luck with it.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

MrMurphy wrote:The LCP is certainly better than no gun at all, and inside the range it was designed for, it's fairly capable (assuming six rounds does it, and there's only 1 bad guy).

Just don't delude yourself you'll be winning a fight against multiple guys with what's basically an insert-into-bad-guy's nostril gun.
7...I start out with seven....which is two better than that I had for EDC with the J-Frame, and it reloads quicker. Maybe someday I'll get a shoulder rig so I can carry my G30s on the upper left side, but for now it's a LOT better than nothing. :wink: Unless, of course, I run into a large band of marauding mulattos that refuse me access to their nostrils........

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Great rig with serious thump. Always liked a .45 when I was expecting problems they never failed me when needed and you picked one of the best.

I went with this AK Pistol for more firepower requirements as I am allowed to carry a pistol nationwide and don't need permission crossing state lines as with my MP-5. This has the same barrel length as some of the AK's we used at work in some places, very accurate with the red dot, hides in the tennis racket case my daughter gave me and does not draw attention in the vehicles with a couple tennis ball cans with the surefire suppressor in one.
It is not the critic who counts
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Paladin wrote:Great rig with serious thump. Always liked a .45 when I was expecting problems they never failed me when needed and you picked one of the best.

I went with this AK Pistol for more firepower requirements as I am allowed to carry a pistol nationwide and don't need permission crossing state lines as with my MP-5. This has the same barrel length as some of the AK's we used at work in some places, very accurate with the red dot, hides in the tennis racket case my daughter gave me and does not draw attention in the vehicles with a couple tennis ball cans with the surefire suppressor in one.
Very cool..... :mrgreen:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bagdadjoe
Levergunner

Post by bagdadjoe »

Paladin wrote:Great rig with serious thump. Always liked a .45 when I was expecting problems they never failed me when needed and you picked one of the best.

Slick!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

That is awesome. I'm trying to decide which rifle caliber pistol I'm going with
Mike Johnson,

4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Maybe a thureon defense rifle would go nicely,in 45 acp.
Rumble.com/ hickock45