Life is good

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Life is good

Post by hondo1892 »

Gun season for deer starts a week from Saturday here in Kentucky. The weather was cool and sunny, a great fall day. So I made it out and did a little scouting today on my hunting property. I checked out this ridge to see if there was any scrapes or rubs but didn't find any. But I love the view up there. I may have to go back and hunt the same ridge that my daughter shot her buck on. I also seen one of our spotted salamanders. I did find a scrape by one of my food plots and hung a trail camera to see what comes by. A good day enjoying God's creation. I'm really glad my wife and I moved down here.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Life is good

Post by Blaine »

Them lizards? Boilers, or fryers? :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Beautiful stuff... 8)

Amphibians are a sign of a healthy environment. In too many places, the idiots who use 'sprays' to control every weed and critter, instead of pulling, trapping, or just putting up with them, are so contaminating the environment, that the amphibians are dying off. :evil: Be thankful you still see the salamanders, newts, mudpuppies, and tree frogs...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894c

Post by 1894c »

very nice country... :)
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

BlaineG wrote:Them lizards? Boilers, or fryers? :twisted:
Need to get your eyes fixed. No scales, its a salamander not a lizard. :P The Doc is right, if'n the amphibians are around its a healthy environment. You anywhere close to Cynthianna? On H27
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

When I was a kid we used to have tree frogs all over the place. After a summer rain they would make so much noise you could hardly sleep. I don't know when I saw one last.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Rusty wrote:When I was a kid we used to have tree frogs all over the place. After a summer rain they would make so much noise you could hardly sleep. I don't know when I saw one last.
Welcome to the New World, Better Life Through Chemicals, and all that...

Frogs, salamanders, butterflies, mice, dickey birds, wildflowers, we don't need 'em in the Brave New World.

:(