SIXGUN...how was the aution house...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

SIXGUN...how was the aution house...

Post by 1894c »

Sixgun-- so how was the auction house...you mentioned some pre-war Colts, 1st Gen Single Actions, 1878 large frame double actions, and some Civil War items (which interests me)? We don't see that sort of variety on the West Coast... :)
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Re: SIXGUN...how was the aution house...

Post by cshold »

Maybe 6 got a forum timeout...
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It did not materialize.......I dutifully fulfilled my obligatory phone call at 6 pm and I was told," I'll call you back in an hour, Remington brass is here". Well, those bums must have ventured out to a T bar in Philly as I never did hear anything.

The auction is going to be in mid November and I'm a little antsy in seeing the goods. Maybe tomorrow or over the weekend.

As for "time outs", I learned half way through the first grade, after a dozen or so of "time outs", I learned how to "ride the fence" so if the rare possibility came to where I fell, I was always cushioned. I got back up plans for back up plans. Never did like anyone telling me what to do, nor needed anyone to survive.-----6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, I came back a few hours ago and yes, I was pleased. About a half dozen pre war single action Colts, with one pre-98 a HOT one, a mess of Civil War cap and ball Colts, some pristine 1877 Lightnings, a like new Ridgers & Spencer Civil War revolver that's worth at least 7g's.

The pride of the auction will be a Harry Nettleton inspected Colt Calvary single action that I could find nothing wrong with. Everything I knew in my head panned out but a reference to John Kopec's book will be needed. If right, its a $30-40,000 Colt.

There was the usual 50 guns that amounted to junk...or $100 guns as I call them, but......a real fine early third model 1873 in 38-40 thats a full 90%, along with a few 94's and early Remington pumps that I failed to take interest in.

For those who are interested, the auction will be held by Briggs Auction in Boothwyn, (now called Garnet Valley) Pa. sometime in November. And........there supposedly is another 50 guns that are in the coming. :D ------6
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds pretty good Six.

Sounds like a lot of Colts I can't afford........but would like to have.
The 38 model 73 sounds like a corker. You gonna try for it bud?
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

OldWin wrote:Sounds pretty good Six.

Sounds like a lot of Colts I can't afford........but would like to have.
The 38 model 73 sounds like a corker. You gonna try for it bud?

I'd sure like to see some pictures of that one 8)
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Win and Casa.......check their website. The guns just came in so it might be a week or two before pictures come out. It's Briggs Auction.....don't know the web address but it can't be too hard to find.

The 73 is really nice and I expect a mess of guys will be on that. If I can't buy a gun for .60 on the dollar, I let it go and I fully expect that to go for probably 4500. And Casa, your not too far from me...be glad to meet you there.

The auction house does not generate a lot of big money buyers so deals can be had, especially if the ones who do have money blow it on the first 20 guns. ------6
1894c

Post by 1894c »

6 -- thanks for the up-date...looking at that collection would be fun, especially when you consider the history... :)