Contender 'rules' - question on rifle/handgun issue

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Contender 'rules' - question on rifle/handgun issue

Post by AJMD429 »

So far I've only had pistol barrels for my Contender frame, and only rifle barrels for my Encore frame. I haven't had a shoulder stock for the Contender, nor a handgun grip for the Encore. That's made things easy, and works well because most of the harder-hitting stuff I have that I'd want out of a rifle is stuff best suited to an Encore anyway.

However I got a second Contender frame a couple years ago, and have been toying with the idea of setting it up as a 'rifle', with a shoulder stock and its own set of rifle barrels, since the trigger on the Contender is SO much better than the Encore.

I know I can't have a rifle barrel on a frame that has a pistol grip, or a pistol barrel on a frame that has a rifle stock, but beyond that, what's the deal...???

I did find this:
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=239 wrote:The following was hand entered verbatum from the policy statement sent to me by US Mail from Tim Pancurak at Thompson Center Arms Co.:

Notice Concerning Encore/Contender Pistols and Carbines

Thompson/Center Arms Co. went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court to establish the lawfulness of the Contender pistol and Carbine (including the carbine kit), and won. The Supreme Court opinion also establishes the legality of the Encore system, which has similar interchangeable parts.

With these systems, a receiver may be assembled either with a pistol grip and pistol barrel, or with a shoulder stock and rifle barrrel (minimum length 16 inches). A barrel under 16 inches in length must never be assembled onto the reciever when the shoulder stock is attached. Within that parameter, the consumer may use the parts to make a pistol or carbine, and may change the configuration at will.

In 1988, Thompson/Center filed suit against the United States alleging that the pistol and carbine kit used above do not constitute a rifle with a barrel less than 16 inches in length, a weapon made from a rifle with an overall length less than 26 inches, or a restricted "firearm" as otherwise defined in the National Firearms Act. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court agreed with Thompson/Center. Their opinions are cited as United States v. Thompson/Center Arms Co., 504 U.S. 505 (1992), affirming 924 F.2d 1041 (Fed. Cir. 1991).

In the trial court and in the Federal Circuit, the United States argued both that (1) the mere unassembled parts constituted a rifle with a barrel under 16 inches in length, and that (2) use of the receiver to assemble a pistol after a rifle had been assembled constituted making a weapon from a rifle with an overall length less than 26 inches. The Federal Circuit rejected both arguments. See 924 F.2d at 1043, citing 26 U.S.C. 5845 (a) (3) and (4). The United States abandoned the latter argument in the Supreme Court, which held generally for Thompson/Center. Accordingly, both issues (1) and (2) were decided in favor of Thompson/Center and are not now open to question.

Thus, the sale, possession, and use of the Contender or Encore pistol and carbine as described are fully in accord with federal law. The use of these products in all of the States is likewise lawful, except that certain restrictions may apply in California.
- and this -
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=239 wrote:U.S. Department of Justice
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Office of the Director
Washington, DC 20226
26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3): DEFINITIONS (FIREARM ) 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(4): DEFINITIONS (FIREARM) 26 U.S.C. 5845(c): DEFINITIONS (RIFLE) 27 CFR 479.11: DEFINITIONS (RIFLE)
27 CFR 479.11: DEFINITIONS (PISTOL)
A firearm, as defined by the National Firearms Act (NFA), 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3), is made when unassembled parts are placed in close proximity in such a way that they: (a) serve no useful purpose other than to make a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length; or (b) convert a complete weapon into such an NFA firearm. A firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when parts within a kit that were originally designed to be configured as both a pistol and a rifle are assembled or re-assembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol, or a rifle with a barrel or barrels of 16 inches or more in length). A firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when a pistol is attached to a part or parts designed to convert the pistol into a rifle with a barrel or barrels of 16 inches or more in length, and the parts are later unassembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol). A firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(4), is made when a handgun or other weapon with an overall length of less than 26 inches, or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length, is assembled or produced from a weapon originally assembled or produced only as a rifle.
ATF Rul. 2011-4
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has received requests from individuals to classify pistols that are reconfigured into rifles, for personal use, through the addition of barrels, stocks, and other parts and then returned to a pistol configurationbyremovalofthosecomponents. Specifically,ATFhasbeenaskedto determine whether such a pistol, once returned to a pistol configuration from a rifle, becomes a „weapon made from a rifle‰ as defined under the National Firearms Act (NFA).
Some manufacturers produce firearm receivers and attachable component parts that are designed to be assembled into both rifles and pistols. The same receiver can accept an interchangeable shoulder stock or pistol grip, and a long (16 or more inches in length) or short (less than 16 inches) barrel. These components are sold individually, or as unassembled kits. Generally, the kits include a receiver, a pistol grip, a pistol barrel less than 16 inches in length, a shoulder stock, and a rifle barrel 16 inches or more in length.
-2-
Certain parts or parts sets are also designed to allow an individual to convert a pistol into a rifle without removing a barrel or attaching a shoulder stock to the pistol. These parts consist of an outer shell with a shoulder stock into which the pistol may be inserted. When inserted, the pistol fires a projectile through a rifled extension barrel that is 16 inches or more in length, and with an overall length of 26 inches or more. Other parts sets require that certain parts of the pistol, such as the pistol barrel and the slide assembly, be removed from the pistol frame prior to attaching the parts sets. Typically, a separate barrel is sold with the parts set, which is 16 inches or greater in length. The barrel is installed along with an accompanying shoulder stock. The resulting firearm has a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and an overall length of 26 inches or more.
The NFA, Title 26, United States Code (U.S.C.), Chapter 53, requires that persons manufacturing, importing, transferring, or possessing firearms as defined in the NFA comply with the Act‚s licensing, registration, and taxation requirements. The NFA defines the term „firearm‰ at 26 U.S.C. 5845(a) to include „(3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length;‰ („short-barreled rifle‰) and „(4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length‰ („weapon made from a rifle‰). The term „rifle‰ is defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(c) and 27 CFR 479.11 as „a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire a fixed cartridge.‰ Although not defined in the NFA, the term „pistol‰ is defined by the Act‚s implementing regulations, 27 CFR 479.11, as „a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having (a) a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s); and (b) a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s)‰ (emphasis added).
Unassembled Parts Kits
In United States v. Thompson/Center Arms Company, 504 U.S. 505 (1992), the United States Supreme Court examined whether a short-barreled rifle was „made‰ under the NFA when a carbine-conversion kit consisting of a single-shot „Contender‰ pistol was designed so that its handle and barrel could be removed from its receiver, and was packaged with a 21-inch barrel, a rifle stock, and a wooden fore-end. The Court held that, where aggregated parts could convert a pistol into either a regulated short-barreled rifle, or an unregulated rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, the NFA was ambiguous and applied the „rule of lenity‰ (i.e., ambiguities in criminal statutes should be resolved in favor of the defendant) so that the pistol and carbine kit, when packaged together, were not considered a „short-barreled rifle‰ for purposes of the NFA.
However, the Court also explained that an NFA firearm is made if aggregated parts are in close proximity such that they: (a) serve no useful purpose other than to make an NFA firearm (e.g., a receiver, an attachable shoulder stock, and a short barrel); or (b) convert a
-3- complete weapon into an NFA firearm (e.g., a pistol and attachable shoulder stock, or a
long-barreled rifle and attachable short barrel). Id. at 511-13. Assembly of Weapons from Parts Kits
The Thompson/Center Court viewed the parts within the conversion kit not only as a Contender pistol, but also as an unassembled „rifle‰ as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(c). The inclusion of the rifle stock in the package brought the Contender pistol and carbine kit within the "intended to be fired from the shoulder" language in the definition of rifle at 26 U.S.C. 5845(c). Id. at 513 n.6. Thompson/Center did not address the subsequent assembly of the parts. United States v. Ardoin, 19 F.3d 177, 181 (5th Cir. 1994). Based on the definition of „firearm‰ in 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3), if parts are assembled into a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length, a regulated short-barreled rifle has been made. See, e.g., United States v. Owens, 103 F.3d 953 (11th Cir. 1997); United States v. One (1) Colt Ar-15, 394 F. Supp. 2d 1064 (W.D.Tenn. 2004). Conversely, if the parts are assembled into a rifle having a barrel or barrels 16 inches in length or more, a rifle not subject to the NFA has been made.
Therefore, so long as a parts kit or collection of parts is not used to make a firearm regulated under the NFA (e.g., a short-barreled rifle or „any other weapon‰ as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(e)), no NFA firearm is made when the same parts are assembled or re- assembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., a pistol, or a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length). Merely assembling and disassembling such a rifle does not result in the making of a new weapon; rather, it is the same rifle in a knockdown condition (i.e., complete as to all component parts). Likewise, because it is the same weapon when reconfigured as a pistol, no „weapon made from a rifle‰ subject to the NFA has been made.
Nonetheless, if a handgun or other weapon with an overall length of less than 26 inches, or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length is assembled or otherwise produced from a weapon originally assembled or produced only as a rifle, such a weapon is a „weapon made from a rifle‰ as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(4). Such a weapon would not be a „pistol‰ because the weapon was not originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile by one hand.
Held, a firearm, as defined by the National Firearms Act (NFA), 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3), is made when unassembled parts are placed in close proximity in such a way that they:
(a) Serve no useful purpose other than to make a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length (e.g., a receiver, an attachable shoulder stock, and barrel of less than 16 inches in length); or
(b) Convert a complete weapon into such an NFA firearm, including ˆ (1) A pistol and attachable shoulder stock; and
-4-
(2) A rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and an attachable barrel of less than 16 inches in length.
Such weapons must be registered and are subject to all requirements of the NFA.
Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when parts in a kit that were originally designed to be configured as both a pistol and a rifle are assembled or re-assembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol, or a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length).
Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when a pistol is attached to a part or parts designed to convert the pistol into a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and the parts are later unassembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol).
Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(4), is made when a handgun or other weapon with an overall length of less than 26 inches, or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length, is assembled or produced from a weapon originally assembled or produced only as a rifle. Such weapons must be registered and are subject to all requirements of the NFA.
To the extent this ruling may be inconsistent with any prior letter rulings, they are hereby superseded.
Date approved: July 25, 2011
Kenneth E. Melson Acting Director
I think this is the same letter in PDF - http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations-ru ... 2011-4.pdf

It seems like that would mean a person could put both a shoulder stock and a rifle-length barrel on a Contender 'pistol' frame and it would be ok, as long as both are put on simultaneously.

Is there other updated or more authoritative information out there on this...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Re: Contender 'rules' - question on rifle/handgun issue

Post by KWK »

I recall reading that if the Contender was initially sold as a carbine, that assembling it as a pistol was considered a conversion to a pistol, a no-no. If it was sold as a pistol, converting to a carbine (so long as it wasn't a pistol length barrel) was okay. It seems goofy, but common sense is not an attribute of the feds. I don't know what the current interpretation by the feds is.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

1) AFAIK, a handgun has no State or Federal limitations on barrel length, either short or long.
(IOW, if someone wants a NAA mini with a 22" bbl - enjoy)

2) Encore frames that left the factory as a handgun cannot ever be converted to a rifle/carbine w/buttstock, period.

3) Encore frames that left the factory as a long gun can be converted to handgun, if desired.
(T/C provides the feds with the SN's.)

4) Contender's, as per #1 above, can have any length barrel installed (even a 16"/whatever) - but if/when a carbine buttstock is attached to the action, the barrel must be at least 16" long.

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

However you decide to configure your T/C it is your responsibility to find out how it left the factory, if you buy it used. It’s a decision you will have to make and you may be given time to reflect upon your decision in the cross bar hotel. Is it worth it as stated below?

Copied from Mike Bellm web site:
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=239
Special Thanks to "GonHuntin" for his persistence in bringing these issues to our attention and for supplying his copy of the BATF's responses posted above. Below is a background letter from him:

First off, Mike, I'd like to thank you for the comments you have made regarding my efforts to determine the truth about what is and is not legal to do with the Encore and Contender.

First, a little background info so folks will know where I am coming from. I have been shooting as long as I can remember. I started loading my own shotgun ammo with a Lee Loader when I was about 10 years old. If it goes bang, I enjoy shooting it! I bought my first Contender about 16 years ago and have enjoyed collecting, shooting and hunting with them ever since that time.

Not long after buying my first Contender, I also became interested in Title 2 firearms (commonly known as "class 3 weapons" or NFA weapons). As I researched the laws pertaining to title 2 firearms, specifically the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968, I also learned of the TC Supreme Court case. I read everything I could find about the case. About this same time, I was a member of the old "TC List", an e-mail discussion group centered on the TC Contender. While participating on this list, the topic of converting Contenders between rifle and pistol configuration often came up, one member even publicly reported shooting his 14" 309 JDJ Contender with a buttstock attached! These discussions also were commonplace on the various handgun forums. As I participated in these discussions, I was often attacked for mentioning the laws that prohibit the conversion of rifles into pistols. I was told that the TC court case had somehow exempted the Contender from the law, I was also told that all TCs were legally handguns despite how they left the factory, and I was told that it didn't matter how they left the factory as long as the dealer listed the firearm as a pistol when the paperwork was done. I knew that all these "explanations" were simply not true. I had actully taken the time to read and research the TC court case, and I had actually read the National Firearms Act and the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Years went by and the discussions continued. I was called a liar, stupid and many other things that weren't quite as complimentary. Finally, in 2003, I'd had enough of those people who either didn't want to listen or chose to ignore the facts, so I decided to settle the matter once and for all. I wrote a letter to the BATF Technology Branch in Washington DC. The Technology Branch is the division of the BATF who's job is to determine the legality of firearms. They are the folks you contact when you want an answer to a legal or technical question concerning firearms and they answer the question with reference to the specific laws that apply. If you don't like their answer, the next step is to file a court action.

The response I received from the Technology Branch confirmed what I had said all along (the original letter I wrote and the BATF response are posted on this forum and available for you to read).

1. A firearm that left TC in rifle configuration (equipped with a buttstock) *IS* legally a rifle and is subject to all rules and regulations pertaining to rifles.

2.It is NOT legal to convert a rifle into pistol configuration without first registering it with the BATF as a Title 2 weapon, (short barreled rifle).

3. The legal status of a TC, whether rifle or pistol, is based on the configuration of the firearm when it leaves the factory.

4. The legal status of a frame that left the factory with no other parts (bare frame without stock or grips) is determined by the way it is FIRST assembled. If it is first assembled as a rifle, it will always legally be a rifle, if first assembled as a pistol, it will always legally be a pistol.

5. A dealer cannot change the legal status of a firearm by listing a rifle as a handgun on the form 4473. Listing an Encore rifle as a pistol on the 4473 does not alter the fact that it is and will always legally be a rifle.

6. A person who buys a Contender or Encore that was illegally converted from a rifle to a pistol can be prosecuted for possession of an unregistered Title 2 weapon.....*EVEN IF THAT PERSON DID NOT KNOW THE WEAPON WAS ILLEGALLY CONVERTED*!!! (a call to TC with the serial number of the frame will determine whether it is legally a rifle or pistol)

When presented with irrefutable facts, antagonists then often ask me how many people have been prosecuted for illegally converting a Contender or Encore or how likely is it that a person would ever get caught. My response to those questions are, "I don't know".......and that is not really the point....is it? I'm not interested in discussing the moral issue of breaking the law or the risks of getting caught, I'm interested in getting the facts out to those who are potentially at risk of committing a federal felony due to ignorance of the law. The fact is, people commit serious crimes everyday and get away with it, however, most of those people know the risks of their action but many TC owners don't!

In the unlikely event you get caught and are prosecuted, the penalty for possession of an unregistered Title 2 weapon is up to 10 years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines. Even if you aren't convicted, it would cost a small fortune to defend yourself in court.

Bottom line.......even if the chance of getting caught is remote, is it worth the risk when you can buy a $250 pistol frame and not worry about it?
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

You can't legally turn your rifle into a pistol.

You CAN turn you pistol into a rifle.

Turning it back into a pistol again is where the questions, disagreements and gray matter is.

IMO… no one needs to know either way, it's all so much nonsense.

FWIW… you can do a pretty amazing trigger job on an Encore.
Slow is just slow.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

cas wrote:You can't legally turn your rifle into a pistol. You CAN turn you pistol into a rifle. Turning it back into a pistol again is where the questions, disagreements and gray matter is. IMO… no one needs to know either way, it's all so much nonsense. FWIW… you can do a pretty amazing trigger job on an Encore.
Well, if I do this project, it sounds like what I need to do is ALWAYS leave the rifle stock on that specific receiver, and ALWAYS leave the rifle-length barrel on it.

If I can think of a way to make the assembly 'permanent' I suppose I could try that (with welding or whatever), but I might want to have other rifle barrels in the future, so even if I epoxied the rifle stock to the receiver, I'd have to figure out a way to put a spot-weld on the receiver and groove the barrel mounts accordingly, so that my 'pistol' barrels couldn't be attached to that receiver.

WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT....!!!!!!

I guess if I got a better trigger job on the Encore and could find a decent Encore barrel in 17 Hornet, it wouldn't be an issue.

At least I can sleep comfortably knowing that the criminals will be dumbfounded and incapacitated due to this kind of regulation... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

I'd go for it and have no worries, but thar just me.
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

Jim Hendershot at Shots Gunsmithing http://www.shotsgunsmithing.com/ did my Encore trigger. It is very nice and crisp at 2lbs.

My understanding of the pistol/rifle debate is as follows:

Encore/Contenders originally built as rifles from the factory are forever rifles and can not be made into a pistol. (FWIW I don't believe any original Contenders ever left the factory as a rifle. That did not start until the G2)

Those sold as pistols or frames first built as a pistol can be converted to rifles and due a fairly recent ATF ruling back again. Believe it or not this ruling came from the Obama administration's ATF. Prior to that change the ATF held that once you converted it to a rifle you could not go back.

Another interesting tidbit is that T/C has claimed in the past that they can not tell you what configuration a frame left the factory.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

41 Redhawk wrote:
FWIW I don't believe any original Contenders ever left the factory as a rifle. That did not start until the G2
You are in error, Sir - as T/C introduced the Contender Carbine in 1986 (In stainless as well as carbon steel), well before the intro of the G2.
The Contender Carbines were discontinued in Y2K (2000) - I had a pre-G2 Contender Carbine in .375 Winchester.

Additionally, rifle-length (16" & longer) barrels and carbine stocks were available separately, or as an assembled Contender Carbine, in a wide range of chamberings through the T/C Custom Shop (Fox River Outfitters).

Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor

Post by Nate Kiowa Jones »

cas wrote:You can't legally turn your rifle into a pistol.

You CAN turn you pistol into a rifle.

Turning it back into a pistol again is where the questions, disagreements and gray matter is.

IMO… no one needs to know either way, it's all so much nonsense.

FWIW… you can do a pretty amazing trigger job on an Encore.
OK, Because I'm asked all the time about using a shoulder stock on the Rossi Ranch Hand pistols this is the info I pass along.

These folks offer the glock and 1911 carbine uppers.

MechTech Systems

I know for a time they stopped selling these but have return to selling them.

It's because of a recent (July 2011) ATF ruling in which the ATF basically is saying once it's a handgun it's always a handgun. Even if you install a 16" or long barrel and a shoulder stock and you can take it back to handgun no problem.
From their FAQ's
Is is legal to convert the CCU back to the original pistol?

Yes. The BATFE recently published a ruling which clarifies this - here is the link: http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations-ru ... 2011-4.pdf
There has been a lot of missinformation circulating to the effect that once the pistol lower has been asembled to a rifle configuration then converting back to the pistol constitutes 'making a pistol from a rifle' and thereby placing the pistol into the SBR (short barrelled rifle) class. Not so. Please see our Forum for even further clarification. It is the first post on the Forum so you don't have to spend time trying to find it.
This is the ATF ruling.
http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations-ru ... 2011-4.pdf

Here is the important part.
A firearm, as defined by 26
U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when a pistol is attached to a part or parts
designed to convert the pistol into a rifle with a barrel or barrels of 16 inches or more in
length, and the parts are later unassembled in a configuration not regulated under the
NFA
(e.g., as a pistol). A firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(4), is made when a
handgun or other weapon with an overall length of less than 26 inches, or a barrel or
barrels of less than 16 inches in length, is assembled or produced from a weapon
originally assembled or produced only as a rifle.
Bottom line is rifles can't be made into a handgun. But, handguns can be made and unmade into rifles. if it's sold as a handgun it is always a handgun no matter how long the barrel is.
The muddy water is the NFA stuff. handgun or rifle, if it has a shoulder able stock, if the barrels are less than 16" and the OAL length is less than 26" it's an NFA regulated firearm.
Last edited by Nate Kiowa Jones on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550

http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

plowboy 45 wrote:I'd go for it and have no worries, but thar just me.
Me too ---- just dont mix an under 16" barrel with a buttstock ----- I may be recklessly incorrect, but my local john laws could care less what i do with a single shot pistol or rifle as long as i do it at a range or in the woods during legal hunting season, (or on my own property)

The average "man in blue" doesnt concern himself much with this mess -

That said, if a person runs afoul of the BATF for other reasons, or committs other crimes, --- sure, the DA can have everything gone over thouroughly to try to find ancillary issues to give you a bit more time in the crossbar hotel
----- Doug