levergun quick skill

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

levergun quick skill

Post by Rusty »

There's a lot to see here but at http://www.chiefaj.com/ I was looking at the slingshot information after someone showed it to me and I noticed it was Chief AJ.

While scrolling down I see he has adult sized stocks for Red Ryder BB guns. WHAT A CONCEPT!!
He even has the large loop John Wayne style levers for them.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: levergun quick skill

Post by gamekeeper »

Cool stuff!...... 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

What a character :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I think I would like that guy. He knows how to have fun.
Tactical Lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tactical Lever »

It would pain me to part with $20 for a large loop (which does not strike me as too useful) on a Red Ryder.

What I found neat is the sling bows on the site. I recently started thinking about sling shots again, and all the usefulness that they entail, so I went looking for a new one. And I also dug out an old friend. A Roberts Pocket Rocket. I believe I could use some of the higher powered bands on mine.
Profanity is a poor substitute for a proper education.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When one is out in the boonies for an extended period of time, such a light, small, portable accessory could indeed prove useful. The problem is that I absolutely can't hit anything with a slingshot.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
flyfisher66048
Levergunner 1.0

Post by flyfisher66048 »

I have the shoot where you look program with the full size daisy bb gun. It is really a pretty good system.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

flyfisher66048 wrote:I have the shoot where you look program with the full size daisy bb gun. It is really a pretty good system.
I heard the author of that system on Guntalk with Tom Gresham last week. It sounded like a really good system. Did you purchase the DVD?

Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Gents,

I think that the guy who made these "instinct shooting" techniques famous was Lucky McDaniel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_McDaniel
Bobby Lamar "Lucky" McDaniel (1925–1986) was a marksmanship instructor who taught what he called "instinct shooting" to bird hunters and peace officers off and on from 1953 until 1982, using a Daisy lever-action BB gun without sights as his basic training aid.

While his shooting technique is often categorized as point shooting, the key characteristic of his technique is a split-second point-and-shoot move. He taught approximately 100,000 people, mostly bird hunters and law enforcement officers, his method of shooting. The bird hunters included ex-President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Henry Ford II, John Wayne, Audie Murphy, and key executives of the Remington and Winchester firearms companies.

From 1967 to 1973, McDaniel was an instructor for the U.S. Army, where he instructed infantrymen in instinctive shooting with the service rifle in jungle or urban warfare. The Army employed his training course for some years under the program name, "Quick Kill".[1] Beginning in the late 1970s, McDaniel taught combat shooting at Mitchell WerBel III's facility, "The Farm", located in Powder Springs, Georgia, where a number of Israelis, among others, were trained.
http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011/09/ ... er-outfit/

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I heard Leon Measures https://www.shootwhereyoulook.com/ on the Guntalk radio show just a few weeks ago. As they were talking about this method Tom said something like Oh I see, it's like the English style shooting where you don't even look at your barrel.
The one thing Leon did say was that there isn't a BB gun around today that is accurate enough to use while teaching his method. Personally I'm still thinking about getting a new Red Ryder BB gun and one of Chief AJ's adult sized stocks to go on it.

Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

In the later years of Nam, I think they were teaching with small wooden blocks and bb guns. Seveal of my friends of that era said it was fun and really helped in the jungle.