***BIG EDIT***.22 Ammo For Those In S.E. Pa.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

***BIG EDIT***.22 Ammo For Those In S.E. Pa.

Post by Sixgun »

I must apologize for the misinformation. I just came back from a drive at a 10 cent gunshow with my bud and he told me, "Sure, we will sell by mail, there's a 3% charge for a credit card and we just slap a UPS sticker on it and away it goes".

So if you guys are willing to pay the 3% and shipping charges, just call 610-459-5400 and they will ship it to your doorstep. Although they have different kinds of 22, the only ones they will sell is the Federal and the Remington. Plus, there are cases of any kind of ammo for most all center fire ammo for sale. I imagine that can info can be found on their website, listed below.

For those willing to travel, Targetmaster has TWO PALLETS of .22 ammo for sale. One pallet is Federal Hi-Vel. 4,000 rd. cases for $275 and the other pallet is Remington Hi-Vel that is sold "by the bucket". It's loose packed into these little buckets for $75. I did not bother to note the quantity of these buckets but I'm sure that can be found on line.

My guess is that it will last at the most, one week.----6
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .22 Ammo For Those In S.E. Pa.

Post by hfcable »

i believe there are 1400 rounds in those buckets.
cable
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

Good morning Six,

My local dealer got some 38 gr HP Federal 22LR in stock yesterday so I bought a brick to feed a Marlin 60. When I got home I opened the brick to get a look at the type of hollow point Federal was using. As I handled the cartridges I noticed that the box was a bit shorter than normal, I discovered that it only held 40 rounds of ammo. So this brick is one of 400 rounds. Doggone ice cream manufacturers started this less product in the package business and look how far it has gone! I feel like I have been to a carnival and got taken by a fast talking guy.

I need to wake up and be alert for these subtle changes.

Frank
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Frank,
Yep. The cases are now 4,000 rds.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Steelbanger wrote:Good morning Six,

My local dealer got some 38 gr HP Federal 22LR in stock yesterday so I bought a brick to feed a Marlin 60. When I got home I opened the brick to get a look at the type of hollow point Federal was using. As I handled the cartridges I noticed that the box was a bit shorter than normal, I discovered that it only held 40 rounds of ammo. So this brick is one of 400 rounds. Doggone ice cream manufacturers started this less product in the package business and look how far it has gone! I feel like I have been to a carnival and got taken by a fast talking guy.

I need to wake up and be alert for these subtle changes.

Frank
yep, they might even make the cartridges 20 % smaller.......call it the 22 long......or 22 short !
cable