rossi trapper

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

rossi trapper

Post by walks with gun »

Finally got to play with the Rossi 92 trapper in .357 my daughter picked up awhile back. So far it's gobbled up everything I can feed it, 38spls. and 357's, handloads and factory. I've got some 6''by 12" steel plates hanging up out in the pasture and from 65yards where I was shooting from it'll ring'em every time. I've got my own Rossi 92 in 44-40 I bought 25 years ago and always thought that was a heck of a shooter, but this one of hers is the fun gun of the month now. I'll have to set down some afternoon and see what it will do on paper.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: rossi trapper

Post by Griff »

I like the Trappers. And in all areas, except capacity and sight radius, give up nothing to their longer brothers.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I bought a new .357 Big Loop Rossi carbine that I liked much better after I swapped another board member (Thanks, Shawn !) for a standard loop.

Neat rifle, especially after I peeped it.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've always liked them...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55112
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Win94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Win94 »

Yes I rather like my 12" Canadian version quite a bit!!!!

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne -
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Now that's a snowshoe gun, sling that from the saddle ring and under your arm, it be pretty hard to get snow in the barrel of that one. For those of you who like to sling your rifles muzzle down that is.
Win94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Win94 »

walks with gun wrote:Now that's a snowshoe gun, sling that from the saddle ring and under your arm, it be pretty hard to get snow in the barrel of that one. For those of you who like to sling your rifles muzzle down that is.

Yes i feel it will do double duty quite nicely. Looking at utilizing the shorter buttstock and getting a holster for it while stream fishing for bear protection. With the longer regular sized buttstock, i am thinking it will be a nice carbine for pushing bush and flushing deer to the missus this fall.....
"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne -
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice stuff.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...