another 99

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

another 99

Post by MacEntyre »

This weekend, I did some trading and ended up with a Savage 99 in 300 Savage, this one made in 1941. Since I still have the ammunition after selling my 99s, I thought I would get another 99 and shoot it up... then I will either sell the gun or reload the brass. ;)

Wood and metal finish both appear to be original. There's a little of the case coloring still showing. It's got a very nice bore, and the magazine roller works better than the other two I had. The lockup is hard, but good-n-tight. Pulling the trigger and running the lever make quite a lot of noise, compared to other leverguns. I like the Lyman peep sight a lot. This is the only pistol gripped levergun I own.

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: another 99

Post by earlmck »

Oh yes, you got a nice one there, Mac. And the really good news is that you are now fully qualified to come join us at the Central Oregon 300 Savage shoot, TBA soon I hope.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: another 99

Post by Old Savage »

Great pick up.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...