Can you get hi cap magazines for browning BLR?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don1911
Levergunner

Can you get hi cap magazines for browning BLR?

Post by don1911 »

I just read about the browning BLR lever gun. Does anyone know if they make high capacity magazines for the BLR?

Thanks
Donny
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Can you get hi cap magazines for browning BLR?

Post by BenT »

Not that I am aware of. But the magazine area is the balance point for one hand carrying, so it really won't be very handy in the field with a high cap mag.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

There was a guy making 10-12 round ones for the Ruger lever action 96/44 Mag guns, and I saw one where a guy just took a Desert Eagle magazine and somehow cut out so it would stick into the bottom of a Ruger magazine and feed however many 44 Mag rounds a Desert Eagle holds.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

don 1911,
I've been looking' for high cap BLR magazines for years to no avail. There was a company who made 10 round mags for the 742 Remington and I thought for a long time that they made a few for the BLR but I guess I was mistaken. Came by an M-14 mag the other day, maybe I'll see what I can cobble up. HK-91 mags are very cheap too so might start with a few of those. The standard BLR mags are so expensive though that I hate to cut one up for the project.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

AJMD429 wrote:There was a guy making 10-12 round ones for the Ruger lever action 96/44 Mag guns, and I saw one where a guy just took a Desert Eagle magazine and somehow cut out so it would stick into the bottom of a Ruger magazine and feed however many 44 Mag rounds a Desert Eagle holds.

Okay I have to try that , not for practical reasons , just to see if it can be done.
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MacEntyre »

Sure wish someone would figure out a simple way to make one. I have two mags for my pre-81 BLR... second one cost enough to pay for a custom hi-cap!
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

WHat cartridge BLR?
Take a look at existing mag's from other rifles and see if they could be adapted/modified.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

The early ones, including 81s use the same mag for 243, 308 and 358. Most mags are so marked. I was thinking of cutting the top off an HK-91 mag and the bottom off a BLR mag and welding the two together.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MacEntyre »

M. M. Wright wrote:I was thinking of cutting the top off an HK-91 mag and the bottom off a BLR mag and welding the two together.
That is a good idea... I might give that a try.
wfo
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wfo »

I've got six mags for my BLR81 in .308. Wouldn't an extended mag interfere with the lever?
We the people are the Rightful Masters of both Congress and the Courts. Not to overthrow The Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert The Constitution.

Abraham Lincoln
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

wfo wrote:I've got six mags for my BLR81 in .308. Wouldn't an extended mag interfere with the lever?
No. It's close but not quite touching. I never could get the FAL/BLR combo to feed. I am not a metalsmith nor gunsmith so I fear my skills fell short on my experiment.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

I gotta ask, why?
But then I don't own one so it really doesn't matter.