Holey Puck Batman! levergunsmith tip

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Holey Puck Batman! levergunsmith tip

Post by BenT »

That's right hockey pucks with holes. What is a hockey puck used for ? It is used in a game played by short white guys in which they skate around on ice chasing this two dimensonal ball while beating each other with sticks.

But it also can be used to work on leverguns. Since leverguns have a flat receiver and pucks are non marring . One will fit under the receiver and one under the barrel or against a front ramp when tapping in a front sight. That's right drill a hole in them for passing through a pin or file them to fit any shape. They work for handguns too.

Where do you get a hockey puck you ask?

Not from this kid , he doesn't share his pucks or his food either. I seem to buy a lot of groceries for this one.

Maybe the little red haired girl. Nope she doesn't share her pucks either, but will share her food. You won't have to worry about losing a hand like you would with the other kid. The best place to buy them is at any sporting goods store that sells bats and ball stuff. They are about $2 apiece and can be shaped to fit most anything, every gun bench should have at least two.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Holey Puck Batman! levergunsmith tip

Post by Pete44ru »

That's pucked up................ :mrgreen:

44-40
Levergunner

Post by 44-40 »

EXCELLENT ! Thanks for sharing that.
Of course, now you realize this will drive the prices up, people will start hoarding, and the supply will dry up. :lol:
JayF in AZ
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JayF in AZ »

And the price of holes will go up too!
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

JayF in AZ wrote:And the price of holes will go up too!
The price of holes has been going up for years. Why do you think our taxes are so high? All the ice holes in Washington. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Thanks, Ben.

This is a good idea.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I used Hockey pucks for a body lift on my Samuri. More stable and less vibration than skinny aluminum tubes they sent me. Wonder how many shots they could take b4 being unusable.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I went to a sig armor course and used a puck with a hole drilled in the center, instead of a block of wood, to rest the frame on to tap out pins. The instructor loved it.
Ben, I feel your pain. I had three boys playing travel hockey, juniors and college. Ice time, travel and equipment ain't cheap. Imagine the guns you could have acquired :shock: .
But short white guys????? That sure is changing. My boys are 6'4" to 6'6". Feeding 'em ain't cheap either. :lol:
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Also known as a 'bench block. Some are designed for specific firearms:

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearc ... ench+block

http://www.brownells.com/search/index.h ... &ksubmit=y
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ben, those pucks ARE 3-dimensional, they only SEEM 2 when you're trying to hit or catch one. And you forgot the part about "...with knives strapped to their feet..." :P :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

jkbrea wrote:I went to a sig armor course and used a puck with a hole drilled in the center, instead of a block of wood, to rest the frame on to tap out pins. The instructor loved it.
Ben, I feel your pain. I had three boys playing travel hockey, juniors and college. Ice time, travel and equipment ain't cheap. Imagine the guns you could have acquired :shock: .
But short white guys????? That sure is changing. My boys are 6'4" to 6'6". Feeding 'em ain't cheap either. :lol:
It isn't cheap ,but it makes winter fly by and my kids don't do summer sports which gives us more time for camping and fishing. Yep hockey players are huge now compared to what they used to be. The joke always was if you are too short for basketball go play hockey. My daughter is on the high school team and my son has one more year of bantams before high school. I love the game and great parents to hang with during the winter.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

When I was a kid I was a pretty good hockey player. Folks told me to stick with football because I was too big!! Times sure have changed but its still a fine game and we have far more obsessive parents than any Texans football parents around here!!!! You can still get a black eye at a minor hockey rink from some kid's mom.

I once worked for a company based in New York. The manager once asked me on a conference call why Canadians don't fight. I asked him if he ever went to a Ranger's game. He actually apologized!

So happy to see girls playing and playing well. Your girl looks like a fine skater, how is her shot, defence or forward? We watch women's hockey in my house. Simply because it is superb hockey and not a bunch of pampered guys complaining all the time. I'm a real fan of our women's international (gold medal) team.

Hockey pucks make great power tool feet for table saws and such in the garage as well. I'll have one of those nifty pin blocks this week for my gun bench.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Canuck Bob wrote:When I was a kid I was a pretty good hockey player. Folks told me to stick with football because I was too big!! Times sure have changed but its still a fine game and we have far more obsessive parents than any Texans football parents around here!!!! You can still get a black eye at a minor hockey rink from some kid's mom.

I once worked for a company based in New York. The manager once asked me on a conference call why Canadians don't fight. I asked him if he ever went to a Ranger's game. He actually apologized!

So happy to see girls playing and playing well. Your girl looks like a fine skater, how is her shot, defence or forward? We watch women's hockey in my house. Simply because it is superb hockey and not a bunch of pampered guys complaining all the time. I'm a real fan of our women's international (gold medal) team.

Hockey pucks make great power tool feet for table saws and such in the garage as well. I'll have one of those nifty pin blocks this week for my gun bench.
Both of my kids play defense. My daughter is the hockey player in the family. My son plays hockey because that is what is buddies do. My daughter gets up at 6am all summer and shoots pucks in the pole shed. She shoots pucks even after practice in the winter.

My family really enjoyed the women's Olympic hockey games. The Canadian team used pure muscle to push through traffic and get those goals in the Gold metal game. The US just couldn't stop them.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Great story about your daughter. Tell her a Canadian fan is impressed!

The Canadian Women's team was outstanding at the Olympics. In my opinion the women's tournament was far more interesting than the men's. We were moved by the spirit and heart of the American girls. They were fierce and skilled competitors and did your country proud.

My daughters are soccer players. We have full year leagues here with indoor soccer. I must admit buying soccer shoes is much less painful than hockey gear! I'm sure you can appreciate that. My youngest is a dedicated athlete, my oldest loves to play but is like your son. Both attitudes are fine with me.
Gregor
Levergunner

Post by Gregor »

I sourced used hockey pucks from the local rink. Many towns have a semi- pro or college team. Kid I worked with played and got me free ones when I asked how much they were.