modern 1894 Lyman #2 on a vintage Rossi 92

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

modern 1894 Lyman #2 on a vintage Rossi 92

Post by MacEntyre »

Today I removed the modern 1894 Lyman #2 tang sight from my 95 year old Winchester 92 so I could install it on my pre-saftey Rossi Puma 92. The Lyman #2 came with a screw set, including one long screw to replace the rear tang screw that holds the stock on the gun. That screw on the Rossi is slightly larger, and has a different thread size, than the Winchester 92. Lyman has a replacement screw set for the #2 sight, but not one specifically for the Rossi 92.

Anyone know where I can get a rear screw for the Lyman #2 that will fit this old Rossi?

- MacEntyre
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: modern 1894 Lyman #2 on a vintage Rossi 92

Post by AJMD429 »

I replaced my Rossi's Tang Screw so I could mount a tang sight, with a hex-head black screw from Ace Hardware in some 'metric' size (whatever the Rossi is). Ground the head flatter but enough to still use the allen-wrench, and it works just fine.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

Re: modern 1894 Lyman #2 on a vintage Rossi 92

Post by MacEntyre »

Ha! What luck! I found one, just one, but one is all I need!

- MacEntyre