Idaho Wolves

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Re: Idaho Wolves

Post by Buck Elliott »

Blaine, I'm glad you got That part of your mind untangled, because I did not mention, nor do I condone indiscriminate traps and poisons on public lands, where the unwary might become victims..

I DO, however endorse shooting of wolves, wherever they constitute a threat to people or livestock, and trapping or poisoning, where such activies can be closely monitored And controlled..
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Buck Elliott wrote:Blaine, I'm glad you got That part of your mind untangled, because I did not mention, nor do I condone indiscriminate traps and poisons on public lands, where the unwary might become victims..

I DO, however endorse shooting of wolves, wherever they constitute a threat to people or livestock, and trapping or poisoning, where such activies can be closely monitored And controlled..
Hopefully, you knew that it was a slip of my tongue.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Chris83716 »

A little more fuel for the fire.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Hiker-fights-m ... 12021.html

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Idaho-familys- ... 18711.html

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Fish-and-Game- ... 09431.html

All on the same day...... I guess the moral of the story is its a big bad world out there. You roll the dice and take your chances.

Chris
southfork
Levergunner 2.0

Post by southfork »

We live within a half mile of forested land in southeast Idaho and there's a large area of native cottonwood trees across the road from our house. We saw a large Grey Wolf running from in our yard a few months ago. Our pets have been terrified lately, always wanting to sleep in the House or closed garage at night. We lost a pet about the same time that we saw the grey wolf on our property, so we reported the sighting to the Fish and Game department. They didn't seem to be interested --- or else they didn't believe us. The wife wants to learn how to shoot my guns --- finally.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

We had a wolf mosey into Northeast California a year or so ago. It had a tracking collar on it and was called "Wolf #7". It came into CA up around Lakeview, OR, traveled down just west of Likely, CA to Madeline, CA and then mosied up the Eastern side of the Warner Mountains near Eagleville, CA and Ft. Bidwell, CA back up into Oregon.

As to ATVs in the backcountry, so what? A lot of people ride their ATVs on National Forest, BLM, state and other properties with no problems. Local ranchers use them to herd cattle they have grazing on leased properties in those type of lands. Of course anyone can be an idiot and use ATVs off road or off trail and that I don't condone.

As to shooting dogs on private property, so what? Over the 14-years that I've lived here, I've shot dogs that were persistent in running on our property. That's only after a warning to their owners. Some of them were feral dogs (no warning given) running in a pack that were dumped off in the country by city folk that didn't want them for whatever reason anymore. Dogs cause problems such as running livestock (cattle, sheep, etc.) and running wildlife - deer, elk, etc.
ED
Yer never too old