RCBS Comes THRU!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

RCBS Comes THRU!!!

Post by Griff »

When I first started reloading, I bought a RCBS 5-10 model balance beam scale at Grant Boy's in Costa Mesa, CA... 1973! This past year I noticed that I was getting some erratic action. Some of which I blamed on my out of level reloading bench. After my son & I rebuilt it, it became obvious that it was a problem.

So, in late November when I was in Oroville, CA, I talked to RCBS about my old scale. They said to send it in, they'd rebuild it. I was kinda shocked. 1st that they could rebuild it as they no longer offer that model. 2ndly, as they said if it was too far gone they replace it! I told them if there was an upcharge for them to upgrade my scale, let me know.

So, I sent it off the 1st of December. Got home and a new 10-10 RCBS scale was waiting for me. Enclosed was a note, "...could not rebuild 5-10 scale. Replaced with 10-10 scale. Calibrated Scale before shipping."

Happy dance. $160.00 value!

If you ain't goin' "blue," go "green!"
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: RCBS Comes THRU!!!

Post by TedH »

Now that's customer service!
NRA Life Member
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Every story I hear about RCBS ends that way. SOMEONE still knows what customer service is!
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good for you Griff! That kind of customer service is why I have 4 RCBS loading machines, 60 sets of dies, casting furnace, 3 powder measures, 2 lubrisizers, moulds, 3 scales, and 6 RCBS single action handguns. (I lied on the last one)------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Good to hear that Griff. I have sent in dies and I told them I had messed them up, they send new ones and no charge ever.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I to have had great service from RCBS. I called them to order a few of the jam nuts that hold the Expander from turning in reloading dies. The guy looked up the part and said he would be glad to ship em out that day. I said I wanted half a dozen and started to give him my credit card number...
no need for that he said and I had them in a couple days. Little things like that count.

Several years ago I was having an issue with my lubri-sizer leaking lube out the bottom. I sent it in for repair. several days later there was a box on my porch with a brand new one in it.
Thanks RCBS!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Great company.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Old Savage wrote:Great company.
This.
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I hope I am as lucky. I've got a new mould from them. It whiskers like the devil and nothing I do prevents it. I shipped it back to them once. It came back looking unchanged, and sure enough the very first pour produced the most ridiculous whiskers I've ever seen. So, now we are negotiating its second return journey to California. They have been pretty responsive and I think this will turn out alright in the end, but I need a good mould!

Brent
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Happy Dance!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

BrentD , My latest RCBS mold whiskered also unless I kept a lot of pressure on the handles to force it closed. I took a tapered reamer I have and very slightly deburred the alignment pin holes. No more whiskers and it casts nice bullets that just fall free from the blocks. I think it would have broken in with use but now it works great.
I own probably 20+ RCBS molds and this is the first one that gave any trouble at all. Great molds IMHO.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Chuck, I've done all those things and even shipped the mould back once. All to no avail.

But a few hours ago, I was notified that they are sending me a second mould - RCBS Comes THRU!!! indeed.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Just nothing better than great customer service. Not to hijack, but I dinged my plastic barrel band on my Henry .22, sent them an email. Got the response back within half an hour from the CEO/President. He let me know they would send me new, METAL bands (both of them), no charge. They showed up within a week, along with a great Henry coffee cup, ceramic, but made to look like a grey metal "speckled" campfire mug. I love great customer service.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

RCBS did well by me: they replaced my entire .375Win die set because one of the dies was "causing me trouble." Great Customer Service !!

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. Griff, Grant Boys .... still there !!
http://www.grantboys.com/
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Good for you! Nice upgrade.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I posted earlier about my RCBS .38-40 mould's trials and tribulations. I sent it back to RCBS once, but that didn't help. They did, however, finally send me a new one, and it casts absolutely perfectly.
Chalk up another RCBS success.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

Almost all my reloading gear is RCBS...love it...now just adding a Lee Handpress and a 9VDC car charger to my gear so I can operate my Chargemaster in the truck and get my loads worked up and sighted in with one trip to the range.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have switched the locking rings on my RCBS dies for the Hornady rings, but other than that, I like them. I use them and Lee and have never had a bit of trouble. I have had to call Lee for parts for my press, and they replaced the parts at no charge. The design was changed to a stronger part after I bought mine. Good customer service is always worth letting others know about.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost