Another vote for TERRY

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another vote for TERRY

Post by Streetstar »

bulldog1935 wrote:I was on your side - can't stop the other guys from using inertia in their favor - there's something about inertia.
If they are referencing 29" wheel off-road machines, i have heard that there may be something to that -- but my thoughts are that its not the inertia so much as the extra traction you get from the longer tire footprint that helps there -- and its enough of a help to offset the heavier weight of those things. Doesnt matter much to me, i'm too short to ride a 29'er anyway :lol:

---
but back to Terry, i'm the type of guy he has his wrath directed to as only half my posts are about guns --- i think out of the threads i initiate though, that percentage is higher, -- but heck, a month ago i posted a thread about what Dallas stadium is like, ---why the heck would i post something so brazenly off topic?
Easy --- after reading and participating in this site for 4 years or so, i realize a lot of you guys think roughly the same way i do about things , so i value your opinions-
----- Doug
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

I enjoy most of the off topic posts as much as anyone else here. Lots of fun most times and entertaining. Let's not go overboard on the "do away with off topics" sentiment. I can assure you I'm not unhappy with them. Guess I'm a lot like Blaine (please tell me that's not so), as I also look forward to seeing those posts that often pop up here. Guess no matter what, I'm hooked on the site as most days I'm here at some time or other.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GoatGuy wrote:I enjoy most of the off topic posts as much as anyone else here. Lots of fun most times and entertaining. Let's not go overboard on the "do away with off topics" sentiment. I can assure you I'm not unhappy with them. Guess I'm a lot like Blaine (please tell me that's not so), as I also look forward to seeing those posts that often pop up here. Guess no matter what, I'm hooked on the site as most days I'm here at some time or other.
8) I'll take that as a compliment, Sir :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

GoatGuy wrote:I enjoy most of the off topic posts as much as anyone else here. Lots of fun most times and entertaining. Let's not go overboard on the "do away with off topics" sentiment. I can assure you I'm not unhappy with them. Guess I'm a lot like Blaine (please tell me that's not so), as I also look forward to seeing those posts that often pop up here. Guess no matter what, I'm hooked on the site as most days I'm here at some time or other.
+1
I sure hope Pitchy doesn't stay away to long.
He's a definite bright spot in this forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Figured you would ttt, and I can understand why. :wink: :wink:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Streetstar wrote:
Griff wrote:Hmmm...

.. "...when diid Chevy go from full-width front bumpers on the Camaro to a split bumper? And, although, I'll gamble that I'd get both correct answers here, both questions have documented answers elsewhere on the 'web! "
Trick question -- split bumper was an option on the RS package Camaro's from 1970 - 1973 , but -- full width bumpers still remained for non RS package cars
:lol: Streetstar...I've not met you, YET. :lol: :lol: So you'll please forgive me for picturing you as Marisa Tomei when you gave that answer :lol:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

casastahle wrote:
+1
I sure hope Pitchy doesn't stay away to long.
He's a definite bright spot in this forum.
I hope the same, casastahle. I have faith Pitchy will be back. He often times needs a break from the stress that frequently overwhelms him. He's a good fellow and knows how much we like and appreciate him.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

by the way, when I ask a question on this forum, I also try Google and maybe the manufacturer's sites (and Midway's customer comments are great). But no research is complete until I run it by here. So it's not always a matter of being lazy, it's a matter of being complete.

Sure, there are always the flip responses, but someone always comes through, and it's usually not who you'd expect.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I really don't see the point of this thread as Terry doesn't give a rat's patoot about what any of us think about him. I just hope I get to meet him someday on this side of the divide. I know lots of folks who know Terry and they think highly of him. I will take their recommendation and not draw my conclusions from some short fused rant on an internet board.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That was a Pontiac she was talking about.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Old Savage wrote:That was a Pontiac she was talking about.
It matters not what she was talking about. It's the manner in which she spoke that was funny. I never get tired of watching "My Cousin Vinny"
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

madman4570 wrote:Griff,
When you say you will not start an off topic post, are you saying no post besides Leverguns ?
No, just those that guns, reloading, hunting, knives and other topics of interest to ME. Oh, and threads with Pitchy's inventiveness dispayed! 8) :lol:
Streetstar wrote:
Griff wrote:Hmmm...
.. "...when diid Chevy go from full-width front bumpers on the Camaro to a split bumper? And, although, I'll gamble that I'd get both correct answers here, both questions have documented answers elsewhere on the 'web! "
Trick question -- split bumper was an option on the RS package Camaro's from 1970 - 1973 , but -- full width bumpers still remained for non RS package cars
Only available on the RS, SS & Z28 packages.

I knew someone would know that bit esoteric trivia! ImageImage
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

:lol:
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

bulldog1935 wrote:Selah.

Also, never use sarcasm on anyone you care about whom you want to remain your friend.
You understand that there was not sarcasm in the Aramaic language, so I guess Jesus really didn't use sarcasm.

My friends tend to enjoy my dry humor and sharp wit. If I don't use it with you, then maybe you should rethink your position.

Steve
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The original comment was just meant as a humorous aside in the humor.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

vancelw wrote:
Old Savage wrote:That was a Pontiac she was talking about.
It matters not what she was talking about. It's the manner in which she spoke that was funny. I never get tired of watching "My Cousin Vinny"
That was the defining character of her entire career. Even if that movie is ever remade, there will not be any way to improve upon the character that Marisa Tomei brought to life there.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm sticking to the "Fried Brains From The CME Theory" from a couple weeks ago..... :|

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Well I ain't got no compliant about Terry...he reminds me of my Grandmother. No, not how they look, but taken a shot from the blind quarter that you forgot was there. Helps right ya and thickens the skin.

That all being said, hope Pitchy never takes anything that Terry says to heart, really look for to Pitchy's projects.

Oh...almost forgot, Griff...don't forget your favorite vehicle with the split bumper...remember that Vega you owned.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Griff,
You owned a Vega?
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

I've had TERRY come down on me, I either ignore it or give back what he gives. In reality it makes no difference, no skin off my back. IMO, this post while started about TERRY it really speaks for the way we should all live. Being a butt is being a butt, let's call a spade a spade. I've little tolerance for it. Most of us weren't blessed with certain opportunities to live and breath guns. Maybe in another life time, who knows. But that doesn't make anyone dumb or lazy. Going to the internet for answers to questions is no different than going to a book. Cept you'd better be real good about wading through the BS to get anything worthwhile on the net. Then again, You'd better be good at it if you're looking to books for quality info. I've found gun writers to be more full of it than old fishermen.

On the flip side I don't have much time for pouting about rude people or the "taking my ball and going home" syndrome. I'll be me, I'll post what I want. When/if I step outside the lines the Mods will step in and put me in place. Not gonna worry about someone else getting miffed if I talk sexy girls or go off topic too much for their liking.

BTW, Winter is dragging on, we really need another girls with guns thread. Care to start us off OS?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Can't recall anyone who was the subject of the derision or derision in general who liked it or came out in favor of the approach when applied to them.

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Has the board slowed down a bit since Terry unleashed his bombshell? I dont remember it being this dull aroound here in a while -- (except for the 2 Kirks' photo thread )
----- Doug
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Chuck 100 yd posted something similar a while back, and somebody posted a picture of some sweet corn AND :) That is when the go round began as they say. So don't try spicing things up with any pictures of vegetables. :D

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Cmon OS,
we NEED some eye candy!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

There is a spa moving into the suite next to ours, we'll see how that works out. :D

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mescalero wrote:Griff,
You owned a Vega?
Yep! Wanna make a Federal case out of it? It was the only car I've seen that could run on water!
I had stopped to fill up at the base gas station (USNS Long Beach), and was adding water to the radiator as it was low, engine running... when the guy at the pump next to me said, "hey, buddy, you have water running out the tailpipe."

I went 'round back, and sure enough, water was running out the tailpipe! It was purrin' smoothly, obviously firing on all 4 cylinders... but somewhere, water to being rerouted from a water jacket thru a cylinder! Too bad it needed gas also! I'd have kept it if it hadn't needed that gas stuff besides water... :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Old Savage wrote:Chuck 100 yd posted something similar a while back, and somebody posted a picture of some sweet corn AND :) That is when the go round began as they say. So don't try spicing things up with any pictures of vegetables. :D

:lol: beware of the magical mystical 'thread lock' :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mescalero wrote:Griff,
You owned a Vega?
I had one for about a year.....One of the best beaters I ever had. Very reliable.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

I used to drive the Oldsmobile version of a Vega, the Starfire. Of course it had a 400 cid small block =turbo 350 trans=duals. I must mention that it ran very good for a daily driver work car!

busa
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Maybe you should have kept, if it ran with water going through one of the cylinders :shock:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mescalero wrote:Maybe you should have kept, if it ran with water going through one of the cylinders :shock:
Naw... I'd bought it used, it was day 28 of the 30 day warranty, and while water was still mostly available at every fuell island... it was inconvenient to stop so often. The dealer wasn't a happy camper, between the loaner car and the crate engine they had ti buy, they paid out at least my purchase price to fix it! Other'n their engines, they were great little cars!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Mescalero wrote:Cmon OS,
we NEED some eye candy!
Never in a million years did I think I would hear this in a Terry Murbach thread!! :lol: :lol:
Talk about complete opposites, can't even OT this!! LOL

No disrespect friend Mescalero, just thought the irony was to good to pass up.

Steve
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

L_Kilkenny wrote:I've had TERRY come down on me, I either ignore it or give back what he gives. In reality it makes no difference, no skin off my back. IMO, this post while started about TERRY it really speaks for the way we should all live. Being a butt is being a butt, let's call a spade a spade. I've little tolerance for it. Most of us weren't blessed with certain opportunities to live and breath guns. Maybe in another life time, who knows. But that doesn't make anyone dumb or lazy. Going to the internet for answers to questions is no different than going to a book. Cept you'd better be real good about wading through the BS to get anything worthwhile on the net. Then again, You'd better be good at it if you're looking to books for quality info. I've found gun writers to be more full of it than old fishermen.

On the flip side I don't have much time for pouting about rude people or the "taking my ball and going home" syndrome. I'll be me, I'll post what I want. When/if I step outside the lines the Mods will step in and put me in place. Not gonna worry about someone else getting miffed if I talk sexy girls or go off topic too much for their liking.
Yep...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "