Heads Up On Powder Availability At Cabela's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Martini450
Levergunner 2.0

Heads Up On Powder Availability At Cabela's

Post by Martini450 »

I thought all the hand loaders here would be interested to know that Cabela's currently has stock on several powders from Alliant and IMR, among others. Just ordered an eight pound can of Unique, as well as a pound of 4064. Don't know about you guys, but I haven't seen any Unique in months. They also show having Red Dot, Reloader 7, and 2400, and a few more. Hope this helps.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Heads Up On Powder Availability At Cabela's

Post by Mescalero »

Prices?
I just bought red dot ( thanks Blaine) at the Scottsdale show, he had plenty of powder; alittle pricey though.
Martini450
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Martini450 »

Not cheap at $149.99 for the 8 pound can of Unique, but I was willing to pay it, considering the uncertainty of when it will become available again and the fact that I've been out of Unique for a long time. The IMR 4064 was $25.99 for a pound.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I guess things are getting better, I paid $34.99 for a pound of Red Dot.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Martini450,

As soon as I read your post (around 12:00 Noon), I went to Cabella's Web site. They had almost no gunpowder left. That stuff goes fast!

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

From talking with folks that have been to the Sidney store, they have a lot of stuff on the shelves that isn't showing on the web, including 22 ammo.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

.22 ammo,
now that is good news.
Martini450
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Martini450 »

Hagler wrote:Martini450,

As soon as I read your post (around 12:00 Noon), I went to Cabella's Web site. They had almost no gunpowder left. That stuff goes fast!

Shawn

I believe they still have it on hand. Their website gets a little squirrely sometimes; here's a link:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting ... t333152280

I'm just glad I found it somewhere, even if it is a little pricey. I have a couple of 44WCFs and a 45 Colt to feed, and they all do well with Unique.