Gun Show Y.C.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Gun Show Y.C.

Post by pwl44m »

Gun Show in Yuba City this weekend. Shasta, Stew and I think a couple others that aren't that far away. Really undecided about what to take so I will just take a mixed Bag. I'm taking about 6 Win 94s, gotta move some stuff out if possible. On another thread someone wants a 25-35, I had one out and looked it over and fondled it and finally put it back in the safe- just couldn't do it yet. :lol: I will have the usual junk to help pay for the table, already sold one Gun before I evengot set up. So if U can make it I would love to see U.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Re: Gun Show Y.C.

Post by Shasta »

I won't be making it to the Yuba City show, Perry. Pockets are very flat after having bought a Glock 30, a Ruger SR40C, a Springfield Armory XD40SC, and a Savage Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor, all in just the last three months! I'm going duck hunting Sunday at Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge south of Willows, so no time for a "just looking" gun show either.

Please give us a report afterwards on the show, especially any talk of all the stupid new registration laws for long guns.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Well there is talk on the new law for Background checks on guns over 50 years old. It will be law on 1 Jan 2014. I sold 2 Low Walls today and an old H&R shotgun and a Win 94, today they walked- Jan 1 suppose to do transfer. I was told one of My AR15s was illegal because it has a collapsible stock on it. That evidently was a lie, I didn't get arrested and all My Guns taken away.
Very good show today, good crowd till about noon I think (so busy lost track of time). Will give it another go tomorrow. Nobody had the Gun I am looking for (Win 94 in 38-55). The guy at the table next to Me says He has one and will bring it tomorrow- We will see how that goes.
Lots of Winchesters of all descriptions, mostly run of the mill, I wouldn't be upgrading with any of them so why bother.
No powder to speak of that I saw, very few primers, I bought 200 44-40 brass (100 new Starline -100 once fired RP) for $30 and He has more. I need some info on bullets for 44-40. He has 500 laser cast for $60 , they are sized 427, is that what I need for that round ? I thought they were the same as 44sp & 44m.
There was a small selection of molds, some oddball but most were priced as new. Most were Lyman and Ideal anywhere from $80 to $100. none that I need.
People seemed to have money and were spending it. I guess Harvest helped in that area. :lol:
Didn't really have a lot of time to shop today, hope it is the same way tomorrow although I do like to see what everyone else has. I will report back in tomorrow evening after it is all over. Next show is in Jan in Colusa Ca. c Ya there.
Perry
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

CA is going to ignore a C&R license?
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

[quote="jdad"]CA is going to ignore a C&R license?[/quote
CA the state or CA the People ? :lol: :arrow:
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

How about swinging by the beach and giving us winter-locked folks a "sand and swimsuit" report. What are the details on your 25/35?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

3leggedturtle wrote:How about swinging by the beach and giving us winter-locked folks a "sand and swimsuit" report. What are the details on your 25/35?
That is a little out of the way for Me Turtle (about 125 miles out of the way) :lol: But I did think about U when looking at Molds, none that I remembered U looking for (mainly 25 I think).
Well day 2 was pretty much a flop. No public to speak of even after Church which We were counting on. But it did leave plenty of time for looking around (bad idea). I have always wanted a Squirrel rifle (BP) but just never did see the right one. I found a CVA-32 cal for $175. It is an older Gun that is not beat up and doesn't appear to have ever been fired. The wood is nice and I think the metal will clean up real nice. It has a little rust along the barrel but nothing major. It sure is a Cute little rifle and it rounds out My BP collection. I now have 2 rifles 32 & 44 and a 44 Pistol.
I had planned on going back yesterday and buying a Win 53 in 25-20 in super nice condition for $500 but the Guy was packed up and didn't come back. Oh well, I'll catch Him at another show.
Next show is in Jan in Colusa. I'm debating not going but may just get 1 table just to see how things go with the new Law taking effect 1 Jan (all log guns regardless of age require a transfer with background check} grr.
@ 3leg, the 25-35 is just an old Winchester 94 in pretty decent shape. I have had it for about 5 years and have never fired it. It may even have a half round half octagon barrel, just don't remember-that was 3 days ago. :lol:
So goes the Gun Show business, We'll see what the new year brings.
Perry