Another shortage

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Another shortage

Post by jnyork »

Silly ol' me, went to order some .357 magnum brass, not a round to be had anywhere on the net. :shock: Guess guys must be hoarding it along with their .22 rimfire. Whattheheck makes .357 brass so special?
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another shortage

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm supposed to be making a pickup at one of our distributers thursday provided he has enough to make it worthwhile for me to make the 200 mile each way trip !

Think we have about 300 pounds of powder on the order and a bunch of ammo along with wads primers and perhaps some shot . Went up there maybe a month and a half ago . Not exactly something I wanna do every month .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Guess the hundred .44 mag. brass I just got from Joe Miller was a good buy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Funny thing. I had all kinds of brass for sale a couple of months ago or so again at rock bottom prices and it took me a month to get rid of it. There was .357 in the bunch. How many you want? Next time I go down to my buds gunshop, I'll pick some up.

For 357, I'm figuring about 50 bucks a thousand, postpaid.

9mm. 223, 38 Spl, and 40 S&W will run 40 a thou.---6.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I was well stocked 5 or 6 years ago, but my powder supply is going down
still ok, but how long is this gonna last? last time I was at a sportsmans warehouse
I still had more on my shelves than they had :lol:

ollogger
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I was in the same boat a few weeks back. A generous forum member came to my rescue.
Try posting a WTB in the classifieds.

A couple weeks back I was looking for .41 mag. brass. I found that at Bass Pro Shops and at a good price too.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

ollogger wrote:I was well stocked 5 or 6 years ago, but my powder supply is going down
still ok, but how long is this gonna last? last time I was at a sportsmans warehouse
ollogger
Ollogger,
Relax, everything here in SE pa. Is back to normal. My bud has cases of everything for sale so it's a matter of time for it to reach you guys in the West.

If you run short and are in a desperate need, drop me a line.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Hey, sixgun, PM incoming.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:
ollogger wrote:I was well stocked 5 or 6 years ago, but my powder supply is going down
ollogger
Ollogger,
Relax, everything here in SE pa. Is back to normal. My bud has cases of everything for sale so it's a matter of time for it to reach you guys in the West.

Shirk in Lebanon PA and Parks in Advance NC don't make that seem overly apparent when I'm trying to get stuff for customers .
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

DennisB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DennisB »

Graf & Sons shows Starline 357 mag in stock.

Dennis.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Does me no good to buy at retail for resale .
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Sr. Six; 86'er set me up with 500 of the 38/40 Improved Rimless Short, and I got lots of 9mm, 38, 357 otherwise I'da sent some green your way. Yes I was surprised it didn't go within a few days too. Guess I spent to many nights with the headlamp on the range looking for and scrounging brass.
Last edited by 3leggedturtle on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

My friends used to to do maintenence on one of the indoor ranges in Phoenix.
I walked away with 5 gallon plastic buckets full of brass ( in pistol calibers)
I still had to buy .32 Long, ( it was not a popular caliber)
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Sixgun wrote:
ollogger
Ollogger,

Well it hasn't made it west of the Mississippi yet. Powder is non-existent around here. My local shop I usually buy from said they haven't got any powder in for 8 weeks.
NRA Life Member
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

6pt-sika wrote:
since when?. can't you just set up an empty brass insurance exchange and compell everyone to buy brass at whatever price you dream up?
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

6pt-sika wrote:I'm supposed to be making a pickup at one of our distributers thursday provided he has enough to make it worthwhile for me to make the 200 mile each way trip !

Think we have about 300 pounds of powder on the order and a bunch of ammo along with wads primers and perhaps some shot . Went up there maybe a month and a half ago . Not exactly something I wanna do every month .
Do you charge yourself a Hazmat fee?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:40 S&W will run 40 a thou.---6.
Ok, my son sez he can use a thousand of 40S&W. I'll get a check in the mail tomorrow. For myself I note the conspicious absence of 45ACP... :P Whatsup? Ya hoardin'? :twisted: (I would be)!!! :roll:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

mikld wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:I'm supposed to be making a pickup at one of our distributers thursday provided he has enough to make it worthwhile for me to make the 200 mile each way trip !

Why would I charge myself the hazmat fee ? That's part of the reason to go and pickup . My usual fuel bill up ANC back runs about $80-90 . My usual delivery charge when Park's has stuff is $60 provided we have $1500 atleast delivered . Typically my gunsmith buddies shop covers half the fuel or delivery and my other friends gunship covers the other half . I get my stuff at cost and generally a little something for my time .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Grizz wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:
since when?. can't you just set up an empty brass insurance exchange and compell everyone to buy brass at whatever price you dream up?
I do not go to our distributors typically for brass . I go for powder , shot , wads and primers . Sometimes bullets and factory ammo as well . As to setting the price at "what I dream up" , if that were the case and would work I'd be a rich man just selling off what I have for my own use .
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

6pt.... you're wound up pretty tight, I was trying for the levity thing, you know, making a joke. I'm sorry if that offended you, no offense intended.

Grizz
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

6pt-sika wrote:
mikld wrote:

Why would I charge myself the hazmat fee ? That's part of the reason to go and pickup . My usual fuel bill up ANC back runs about $80-90 . My usual delivery charge when Park's has stuff is $60 provided we have $1500 atleast delivered . Typically my gunsmith buddies shop covers half the fuel or delivery and my other friends gunship covers the other half . I get my stuff at cost and generally a little something for my time .
Hey 6pt, it was a joke! Of course any sane person would drive that distance for a supply of powder and without paying the Hazmat fee. Mebbe too serious a thread...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...