Yet Some MORE Boring Jeep Talk....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Yet Some MORE Boring Jeep Talk....

Post by Blaine »

You Jeep People, prolly know all this, but, I'm going to use this and your experience as a sounding board......Looking at Wranglers for several days, I have determined that there are no real "deals" on a used late model Wrangler. A 2010-2012 with less than 50,000 miles goes for almost what a new one costs......SixGun was right....I drove a new 2001 Wrangler at work for five years, and these new ones are superior, and just "felt" better. 3.6 V6 is a pretty nice motor....even better than the 4.0 of a few years ago......During a test drive today, I was getting over 21mpg with the 6 speed manual....One place I went told me they could not give me a "price" unless I was willing to commit to buying TODAY....I told them to shove it...can you imagine?? Going out again tomorrow....My buddys here will be the first to see it if and when....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Yet Some MORE Boring Jeep Talk....

Post by pwl44m »

Blaine, Dealers always Price Their used ones High to get U to pay a little more for a New one.
I think I will try that trick at the Gun Show, I won't give a price unless They say They will buy it. :lol: I wonder how many Jeeps They sell ?
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

pwl44m wrote:Blaine, Dealers always Price Their used ones High to get U to pay a little more for a New one.
I think I will try that trick at the Gun Show, I won't give a price unless They say They will buy it. :lol: I wonder how many Jeeps They sell ?
Perry
This place has always had a bad reputation, but, it was close and I wanted to see a large selection.....These were nice folks right up until bargaining time...What a jerk... :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BlaineG-- good hunting on the Jeep ...my 2004 Jeep has been a blast to own and drive, it allows me to drive up into the Cascades, it brings a certain freedom that i've never had before...if you're patient you'll do good...remember when dealing with car dealers and lawyers if their lips stop moving...run... :)
Last edited by 1894c on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

BlaineG wrote:You Jeep People, prolly know all this, but, I'm going to use this and your experience as a sounding board......Looking at Wranglers for several days, I have determined that there are no real "deals" on a used late model Wrangler. A 2010-2012 with less than 50,000 miles goes for almost what a new one costs......SixGun was right....I drove a new 2001 Wrangler at work for five years, and these new ones are superior, and just "felt" better. 3.6 V6 is a pretty nice motor....even better than the 4.0 of a few years ago......During a test drive today, I was getting over 21mpg with the 6 speed manual....One place I went told me they could not give me a "price" unless I was willing to commit to buying TODAY....I told them to shove it...can you imagine?? Going out again tomorrow....My buddys here will be the first to see it if and when....

Blaine,

Dude, don't be too hasty with those yahoos wanting a today only price.
#1 Is there another place reasonably close to get service done if you buy a new one from those yahoos today?
#2 What I have found is during this time of year that what they can only sell them for goes out the window.
#3 Have your ducks in order in case you have to come up with the $$$$ that day
#4 Do your homework and come up with your very rock bottom "I think I stole that Jeep price" ahead of going further.
#5 Don't rule out one of the other Wrangler modes maybe with some extra features etc. The key is getting one on there lot and preferably a new left over they want to dump.

When items #1-5 are complete
Go back and talk to them, if possible talk to the big cheese there. If they still tell you that there, say Yes, I am ready to buy today IF YOU MEET MY PRICE
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Check out GSA auctions.
The border patrol here in the southwest has a million jeeps.
Be patient, they should start showing up on the auction site.
I got my Dodge power wagon from them, 10 minutes after I drove into town, I got offered 5 times what I paid for it.
No I did not sell it.
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

Ever seen this place? http://www.wagonmaster.com/default.htm
They're all relatively low mileage and refurbished. Gotta be a lot of room to negotiate based on the price.
Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

williamranks wrote:Ever seen this place? http://www.wagonmaster.com/default.htm
They're all relatively low mileage and refurbished. Gotta be a lot of room to negotiate based on the price.
Those are dandy! (but, too heavy for my V6 van to tow :( ....)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

They are a little hungrier at month end. Don't be afraid to lowball.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

draperjojo wrote:They are a little hungrier at month end. Don't be afraid to lowball.
AND, it's the Holidays.... :twisted:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

Last used one I bought, dealer wanted $12,800 for. I told them I'd give them $9600. Salesguy called me every other night til the end of the month dropping from his original price. End of month I'm parked on side street next to dealership when salesguy calls me and agrees to my number. Walked in, signed papers and left deposit, told him I'd pickup the jeep Monday. 2 hrs later he calls me and asks if I want to make $1000 and sell him back the jeep....haha, I told him no thanks :-D
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Talking to car sales people is ( for me ) just a terribly unhappy experience.
There is no need for them to make it so.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mescalero wrote:Talking to car sales people is ( for me ) just a terribly unhappy experience.
The BungHole yesterday told me that MSRP was his best price unless I would commit to buying right now :lol: :lol: I'm going to see the new car manager and see if that is a company policy, and, maybe get a price out of them to start the negotiations :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Mescalero wrote; Talking to car sales people is ( for me ) just a terribly unhappy experience.
many of them are professional jerks... when I was looking for my Liberty in '05 I went to the jeep dealer that is 5 miles away. told them I wanted one with the 6 speed manual. we don't have one but put some money down and we will get it for you. I want to drive one first I says. too bad can't get it unless You agree to buy.......... wouldn't tell Me where one was either.........I had to search the jeep internet and found one two hours away. The local dealer gets nothing from me but warranty service. and they are pretty bad at that also. :twisted: .
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

By now I would have become so disgusted with the nonsense to not do it at all.
Wonder how many customers they lose like that?
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

They lost #1 and that's ME.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2014 Wrangler Sport...500 under invoice & they split the tax & licence with me 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BlaineG wrote:2014 Wrangler Sport...500 under invoice & they split the tax & licence with me 8)
that is so cool...welcome to "IT'S A JEEP THING"... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

BlaineG wrote: Those are dandy! (but, too heavy for my V6 van to tow :( ....)
These are easy to tow, and reliable, fuel efficient, and capable offroad.
http://skagit.craigslist.org/cto/4197175217.html
http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/4188105917.html
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4185551801.html
Last edited by Ji in Hawaii on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Ahh, you wanna see how to screw those car salesman whores? To me, thats what they are as they will think nothing of taking advantage of a woman/man who has little knowledge of haggling and sell it full MSRP and never tell you about things you are paying extra for but have no value for the buyer. They also tend to forget who you are after you need service or other issues.

Illl show you how to buy a new top of the line Rubicon for 23K (2005) and a new top of the line 4 door unlimited (2011) for 27K like I did. Remember, thats what I paid in THOSE years. :D

Go online and find the dealer in the country who has the cheapest prices or an overstock that is selling to reduce inventory. In my case it was a dealer in Colorado. Print out the prices and take them to your dealer and bluntly say, " Either you sell it to me at this price or I'll fly out to Colorado, buy it and drive it back." To which they will say, "Go ahead"

So....you "go ahead" and tell the main man supervisor that you have an offer that your 10 cent salesman will not honor and beings that the "main man" is always greedy for money/sales, he will go for it.

Remember, there is no "honor" with car salesman.--------------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Six,
If I pay for the plane ticket, will you come out here & buy my next truck for me?
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I am not nearly as aggressive as Six, but that is what I did when I bought my 2011 Ranger.
I just walked up to the control room and asked for the manager, he was sitting right there.
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

I couldn't get a good deal out of a car dealer even if I showed up to rob him - somehow the snake would talk me into giving him his wallet back, with $50 extra :mrgreen:
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mescalero wrote:Six,
If I pay for the plane ticket, will you come out here & buy my next truck for me?

You bet Mes! As long as its your money, I won't have to do no thinking. So I can come out, buy your imported junk, bs some, take a mini tour of NM, stop down and see Griff, and from there shoot on up to Colorado and hang out with my son at his expense. (in your new truck, of course) You can come too and after cleaning out my son's refrigerator and his gun safe, you can drop me off at the Denver airport.

This sounds like fun!

You Southern boys aren't gonna string me up, are you? :D ------------6
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:
You bet Mes! As long as its your money, I won't have to do no thinking. So I can come out, buy your imported junk, bs some, take a mini tour of NM, stop down and see Griff, and from there shoot on up to Colorado and hang out with my son at his expense. (in your new truck, of course) You can come too and after cleaning out my son's refrigerator and his gun safe, you can drop me off at the Denver airport.
This sounds like fun!
I don't know that we can make that type of blanket guaranty.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Where do you think my Ranger was imported FROM?
Ford quit making them,don't know what I will do now.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Griff wrote:
Sixgun wrote:
This sounds like fun!
+ 1, Griff. :lol:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GoatGuy wrote:
Griff wrote:
Sixgun wrote:
This sounds like fun!
+ 1, Griff. :lol:
Those east coasters just are not safe south of the Mason-Dixon, or west of the Mississippi... :twisted:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Oh Blaine!

Tell those dealer Managers out there your best friend, me :lol: is going to drive out and see you in your new bought vehicle below.
Unless they want to match this one!

https://www.simmons-rockwell.com/pre-ow ... eMake=Jeep

or

https://www.simmons-rockwell.com/pre-ow ... eMake=Jeep

Like first one best! Think my buddy said that is a 4 door too ?? :lol: :?:
Last edited by madman4570 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Man, you guys are still mad at us for taking your free labor away during the Civil War.

(I'm staying up here, it's safer, plus we have the guns and ammo to keep the other stuff from floating to the top.........eeeerrrrr.......... the southerners from coming north) :D -----6
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Six,
My anscestor left N.M. to the North to fight in the Union cavalry.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mine stayed home and looked after all the women.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Oh Carp,
Now I know what happened!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mine were busy tending to their olive groves in Sicily.

The other half were getting ready for the birth of St. Adolf.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Sixgun wrote:Mine were busy tending to their olive groves in Sicily.

The other half were getting ready for the birth of St. Adolf.

Whistle while you work ! .... Toot
Hitler was a jerk! ... Toot
Mussolini bit his weenie, now it doesn't work ! ... Toot
----- Doug
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:shock:
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Blaine, could I take advantage of your research, please. I own a 2003 TJ and love the truck but it is getting mile'd out. You seem quite happy with the new lineup. I'd be interested in your opinion of the V6 and the vehicle generally in more detail. I'm a real fan of the old straight 6, except the mileage, and worried that the new V6 wouldn't measure up. The slight upsizing seems good but your opinion would be appreciated.

The 4 Door model might suit my family and there are lots of them used locally.

Have you driven an automatic?
How was the gear spacing on that 6 speed?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Canuck Bob wrote:Blaine, could I take advantage of your research, please. I own a 2003 TJ and love the truck but it is getting mile'd out. You seem quite happy with the new lineup. I'd be interested in your opinion of the V6 and the vehicle generally in more detail. I'm a real fan of the old straight 6, except the mileage, and worried that the new V6 wouldn't measure up. The slight upsizing seems good but your opinion would be appreciated.

The 4 Door model might suit my family and there are lots of them used locally.

Have you driven an automatic?
How was the gear spacing on that 6 speed?
I have not taken delivery....It's in transit from Portland. The six-speed seems easy to use. The 6th being ultra-overdrive.....around town, it seems like 3rd or 4th is where to keep it.....The onboard computer said I was getting about 23 mpg, American gallon, going down the level road at about 60.....I'll know more after a few thousand miles, if you remind me to get back to you....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV