Lets hear it,stupid things you have done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Lets hear it,stupid things you have done

Post by madman4570 »

Growing up I was a stinker, I loved to tease. Loved?????

Got me thinking was the things I did average???????? :lol: :D

I know we all tried the tongue in electrical socket when very young so ????

Older neighbor kids ruined my snow fort which started out as just snow ball fight. Made Ice Balls with rocks inside wa wa neighbors!

Would climb way up high in tree with string and dog treats,tie treat onto string dangle outside dog house until Tammy (one of them Spud's dogs)would grab it and run inside dog house.I would yell "Got one its a sugacuda"and we would tug a war.Until dog finally one day yanked me out of tree and I broke my wrist.Now, I was 7 years old went to hospital they said gonna keep him overnight, put him out in the morning and set it. I freaked out and said no,no way,ain't staying here. The Doctor looked angrily at me and said then we can do it now while you are awake and "I'll twist it till you scream" :lol: Guess what? Lets twist it. My mom said I swore with words that made her blush.

At age 9 got a new bike, used though and while going to get it my brother grabbed it and said you can't have it na na na na na
I started after him and he threw it(rolled hard)right into me and the banana seat him me square in the crotch,doubled me over.
I got up he ran inside, he was 3 years older than me. He locked the doors and stuck out his tongue at me from inside the front door.
I grabbed the metal milk jug box and tossed it through front door window and went after him with lets just say something not good and was told if you ever do that again you might have to go to a special place and live???? :lol: :mrgreen:

Age 10 had a couple buddies, one being kinda of a little sneak and I saw him steal a couple of my daredevil lures and put them in his tackle box underneath top shelf. Well that did it, when he went to go we we and ran over and grabbed a handgun of spinners and stuck them in my front CPO coat pocket. Forgot about it, that night walking home from a football game with couple pals we started wrestling.I jumped on his back with all them treble hooks in coat pocket. All those triple hooks embedded into my chest.Every step home the coat moved and would tear into chest. Took a hospital trip and about an hour of cutting off pocket and clipping off about 25 barbed ends then pushing rest on through.

Age 11 Got to make a sound exactly like a screaming Mountain Lion. Climbed up on two story roof and waited for two hours for my brother to come back home from movies.It was pitch black.He got to porch and I did the Mountain Lion Scream while they were screaming I laughed so hard fell off roof broke my leg.

Age 12 Brothers birthday party.Thought he deserves a good scare,its been at least a week. Hid behind living room chair.When his back was turned in kitchen I came running at full speed from living room attempting to jump through doorway onto his turned back.
Forgot about last time I did that and I had grown another couple inches.Hit the solid oak door header while in run/jump mode squarely on forehead knocked me out and I cam crashing down on metal clothes hamper smashing that to bits.

Age 13 getting to be a bad a## with this Martial Arts thing. Look everyone I can do a wheel kick and kick the eves trough.
Problem that day----it was winter,ice on concrete patio went up kicked it came down on ice--broke other leg.

Age 14 Had a Doberman,got him from Brackney,Pa State Police Dog that flunked K9 school for being too aggressive. Age 6 months.
Boy, did that dog love me,his daddy. I would tell him Daddy don't love you anymore and he would look at me, Then I would say daddy really don't love ya anymore and he would corncob(click his teeth)and whimper.he would walk up and put his muzzle right at groin at corncob ya. Like to say, better say daddy loves me or ???????????????????/

Well, one time I said Uncle Jack he doesn't love you and doesn't love daddy. There we go with the corncob deal only at Uncle Jack's jewels. got a phone call went and answered it,forgot about the "who loves ya" and Uncle Jack got more than a corncob. :lol: :mrgreen:

better stop now!
Last edited by madman4570 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Lets hear it,stupid things you have done

Post by gamekeeper »

A friend and me once shot fire arrows across a railroad track into a park, it was petty dark at the time so we figured the park would be empty, we upset a lot of courting couples that night..... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

My youth? No booze, no pharma... just books and a desperate attempt to get into the Woods...

I spent an inordinate amount of time playing with greasy silvery goo :shock: found in pine boxes in old mine shafts around South Pass WY.

Then I spent an even MORE inordinate amount of time (pre-internet) figuring out how to duplicate that goo for use in making my life easier (for instance... "digging" post holes...)...

Is it any wonder why the .mil decided that I was to be a WMD/IED guy rather than a truck mechanic?...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Ever wonder how forum members come by Their handles ? I think We have this one Half figured out. I'm still working on the 4570 half, what's that got to do with Leverguns. :lol: :arrow: +
Perry
P.S. I've never done anything stupid.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I just had somebody back their new fourwheeler into my truck....me ...ARRRGGGHHHH! Does that qualify?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

First piece of engineering, I wonder what will happen if I stick my finger in the joint on the swing :oops: :shock: :cry:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

No Comment.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

I plead the 5th
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Decided in High School to be really cool by smoking cigarettes and drinking booze. Stupid. Really stupid. :cry:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I always tell Jr., never pass up up a good chance to just shut up.

This might be a good time to follow my own advice. 8)
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

1. Voted for Republican Presidential Candidate Dole
2. Voted for Republican Presidential Candidate McCain
3. Voted for Republican Presidential Candidate Romney

Common theme there I'm finally beginning to notice... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Too many instances of "knuckleheadedness " than I care to recount
----- Doug
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Bought the Rossi 92 & had it tuned instead of the Japanese Winchester.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Started drinking when I was a teenager which led to stupid acts I can't remember or don't want to remember. Up to that point, it was all glory. Glory started again when I quit drinking at 40 and it's been great since.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

jnyork wrote:Decided in High School to be really cool by smoking cigarettes and drinking booze. Stupid. Really stupid. :cry:
Oh heck, it's like we all drank when we were younger (heck the USAF made it so cheap it was impossible to resist). As for smoking did, but never cigarettes. Likely most of us did that too.

Dumbest thing I ever did was step out of a helicopter on a couple of occasions. First time it was up about 30 feet. Second time some folks already there didn't want me there. The first hurt more, the second...

Those are the one's Ill admit to, some I'm sure the statute of limitation has run out on.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I hope the statute has lapsed!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I hope the statute has lapsed!
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

madman4570 wrote: I know we all tried the tongue in electrical socket when very young so ????
So THAT'S what happened to you. I always wondered. Guess it explains the rest of your post, too.

:D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

One time on Leverguns, I posted the same answer twice.

I hope the statute has lapsed! :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I used to walk down the single-plank boardwalk to the beach each morning to wait for the skiff that took us across the bay to school.

We all burned wood, and firewood and building lumber came from logs on the beaches. People would run up the coast of the island in their skiffs, pull good logs off the beaches, tie them end to end, and tow them back to town. Sometimes they would be left tied off at the beach with 6 or 7 logs extending end-to-end out into the bay. So when it is dead winter, your toes are freezing in your boots, you are bored waiting for the skiff, you are 7 years old and there are six icy forty-foot logs extending floating end to end in the bay, there is only really one thing to be done. Walk out to the end of them, of course.

I never did go in the drink, not sure why, but I always went out further than the other kids.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I know you guys will never believe it, but I sometimes still have occassional fits of stupid:
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

IM glad I don't have pix of the two times I lost with a chain saw

one was 5 min. after I took off the Kevlar chaps cus I thought it was to hot :shock: :o

broken bones feel good compared to serious chain saw wounds

ollogger
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Chainsaw wounds make me feel uneasy. Chainsaws don't slice, they remove a swath.

I have cut my pants on numerous occasions, and once when I was a kid I was brushing with a chainsaw and I felt wind blowing on my leg. I looked down and my fairly tight jeans had been opened diagonally across the leg, from one side to the other, and I had a thin scratch from the chain diagonally across my thigh.

That one initiated some sober reflection . . .
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

When I was younger and less wise, to the ways of corporate america, I was asked a question by a regional vp while attending a regional sales meeting. Being young, honest (naive), and not wise to corporate protocol I responded in a way that was "truthful", but not what they "wanted" to hear. I learned really fast that the Emperor never likes to be told that they have no clothes on. :lol: My employment with them ended after a year. :D
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

My wife is convinced my buddies and I were downright outlaws. I always figured we were being judged out of context cause she's a bit of a princess and isn't from around here. Then as I learned much later, a lot of the people we went to school with thought so too.

I still think we were just good ole boys.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

7.62 Precision wrote:I know you guys will never believe it, but I sometimes still have occassional fits of stupid:

Not a darn thing wrong with that, I use paper towel and duct tape all the time!

Last year showing off how smart my big dog was I was holding on a rawhide chew at the end and said look I can get 1/10th of an inch from end and this dog knows not to bite me. Unfortunately while looking at them took my eye off that big mouth(dogs)and stuck my index finger right between his big molars as he was biting down.went through 80% of my finger, wife was freaking out.
Got me some 4lb test fishing line sewed it together and used about a half bottle of New Skin stuff.Applied PolySporin on liberly and placed finger in a leftover old metal finger splint in medicine drawer from years back,then wrapped up in Gorilla Duct tape..
You know what, after 6 weeks and still just a tad numbness on end of finger and a scare its just dandy!
Told wife, aint wrecking my 6 year no doctor visit. However soon a trip to Walgreens I will make for flu Shot.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've been lucky...tremendously large amounts of stupid....especially with fast cars/motorcycles.....but nothing that ever required much fixing that I couldn't do with what was at hand.......tons of dumb Pelosi that involved beer/wimmin :lol: Stupid is not always unpleasant :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Every gun I have ever sold turned out to be a stupid move.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I jumped out of a tree when I was 6 and the compression fracture was less than 1/16th of an inch from poking all the way through the skin. I found out that the car I had while in the Army would cover the length of the Western Kentucky Parkway in 55 minutes from a standing start. First of all, that road doesn't have any place to stop, so I could have got run over. Second, it is 101 miles long. Good thing that it was too long ago for them to charge me now. Dumbest move was in believing that anyone with a West Point Class Ring would be honorable and truthful. I lost rank betting that the ringknocker would tell the truth since it would not affect him either way.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Given that Y2K reads my posts, I'm just going to remain quiet on this one. Pretty sure I could max out the word count on this kind of post! :shock: :oops: :wink:
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

Back in the late 60's three of us had a balloon sling, a small outbuilding to get on top of so we could pull the pouch down to the ground and shoot balloons higher and farther.
We started lobbing water balloons high over the trees that lined the street, trying to hit a car. Great fun huh?? :twisted:

Finally hit one..................

It was a Cadillac convertible.......................

With the top down.........................

Traveling at ~30 mph......................

Balloon landed in the back seat, fortunately missing the driver.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by geobru on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote:One time on Leverguns, I posted the same answer twice.
Yes, but was it the SAME answer each time. . . ???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

Well there was that one time we went shark fishing in a rubber raft....yeah, that was dumb....then there was that time when I was doing electrical work, my helpers and I spotted an alligator crossing the road so we stopped and chased it down. One of my helpers was hanging on to it in the back of the van and it was real mad. We tossed it into the pond at our office.....that was probably dumb too....lol
1894c

Post by 1894c »

never did any thing that ever lead to an arrest, an incitement, or a conviction--WHY--never got caught...and stupid is very subjective anyways, until you're Mother hears about it... :)
jamesgpobog
Levergunner

Post by jamesgpobog »

We fell in love, hard, much too young (23 & 18). We married (no kids) but it didn't last long. That has hurt me soul deep for almost 40 years. Stupid? Yep, but it was the happiest 3 years of my life. Gads, I loved her. Still do...
Last edited by jamesgpobog on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si vis pacem para bellum
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

First cut is the deepest.
jamesgpobog
Levergunner

Post by jamesgpobog »

Mescalero wrote:First cut is the deepest.
Yep, very true.
Si vis pacem para bellum
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Was welding 1/4" steel rod for a project. Set it down to pick up the next section, didn't reach far enough and grabbed the one I just finished. 7 blisters on 2 fingers, thumb and palm make daily chores a challenge.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
jamesgpobog
Levergunner

Post by jamesgpobog »

3leggedturtle wrote:Was welding 1/4" steel rod for a project. Set it down to pick up the next section, didn't reach far enough and grabbed the one I just finished. 7 blisters on 2 fingers, thumb and palm make daily chores a challenge.
Photography darkroom has 'wet side' dry side'. Welding should prolly have 'hot side, cold side'...
Si vis pacem para bellum
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Mescal thats a violation of rule #1 never put your finger anywhere you wouldnt put your pecker. :lol:
As for stupid things Ive done 2 or 3. One came close to me losing some hide when the dumbutt got ahold of me and didnt let go for a few minutes and upon reflection moose roping aint a individual event its a team roping event, the things we do in our youth.. danny
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Nope,
no future in moose roping :shock:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I can see the book title now: Roping moose in the Big Sky Country by Danny "Zane" Grey. (remember Zane Gray's book: Roping lions in the Grand Canyon?) 8)
D. Brian Casady
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Piller my BIL is considering writing a book called Hunting with Jack, a friend of ours, with a couple or 3 chapters reserved for hunting with danny with a emphasis on my shooting technique "first one quality the rest quantity" as taught in aerial gunnery. danny
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Well, my most recent stunt, a week ago last Tuesday, resulted in two broke ribs. I'd like to report that I was out walking on the edge, but sadly I was only leaning way too far to the side of a ladder. Dang seems like only yesterday a fall like that would have only resulted in hurt pride. But as the man says, "old age ain't for sissies".
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

BigSky56 wrote:Piller my BIL is considering writing a book called Hunting with Jack, a friend of ours, with a couple or 3 chapters reserved for hunting with danny with a emphasis on my shooting technique "first one quality the rest quantity" as taught in aerial gunnery. danny
Sounds pretty cool. Nothing wrong with putting several shots on target in the right circumstance. I said and meant, on target. I don't like spray and pray shooting. I may not be the most accurate, but I don't send rounds places that they can harm innocents.

By the way, I am one of the people who had to find out the wrong way if an electric fence was live. I learned after one time.
D. Brian Casady