.22 LR ammo for trade

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

.22 LR ammo for trade

Post by jnyork »

I have two full bricks of Walmart Federal 550 packs, this is absolutely NIB unfired ammo, no issues whatsoever. I will trade it for a fine elk rifle straight across, rifle must be equipped with top quality scope. Tradee pays freight both ways. No deals to California, Connecticut or New York. First "I'll take it" wins.

:wink:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .22 LR ammo for trade

Post by vancelw »

OOOOH. I was gonna offer you a first-born child AND a new Kimber Mountain Ascent. Sounds like a deal.

No kidding. I saw dealers at the Dallas Gun show asking $209 per box of 550. I hope they get hit by a meterorite.

(edited for spelling)
Last edited by vancelw on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Ill do better than that, 4 thats right 4 Fed 550 bricks for trade on a 94 Winchester
It dont need to have a scope! :lol:

ollogger
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

ollogger wrote:Ill do better than that, 4 thats right 4 Fed 550 bricks for trade on a 94 Winchester
It dont need to have a scope! :lol:

ollogger
ollogger,

You pay my gas to drive to WY and I'll take you up on that deal. ;)

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Joe
love to meet you! but how bout I pay shipping both ways

ollogger
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Disloyal dirtbag on local gunboard was offering to sell his German shepherd dog for .22 ammo.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Will trade 15 (yes I have) bricks, 500 rounds each, three of them stingers. For 1 thats right just one, 2012 GMC 2500 HD with the Duramax.
Thanks for looking.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Harry!
does it have to be full of fuel?

ollogger
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

ollogger wrote:Harry!
does it have to be full of fuel?

ollogger
Well I could throw in 2, 50 round boxes if you deliver it with a full tank.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Harry
I think ill wait for Joe to reply

ollogger
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Will trade one 50 cal ammo can, full of 2500 federal champion 22's for one semi load of good quality Alfalfa hay in 3x3 bales (delivered here at the house).
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

ollogger wrote:Harry
I think ill wait for Joe to reply

ollogger
ollogger,
I was really looking for a grub stake to get to WY. I really don't "need" 22 ammo right now. I know, what does "need" have to do with it.

Go ahead and trade with Harry,

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Based on the prices at the gun show I attended this weekend, that would be about right! :shock:
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Somebody offer me $1000 for 5 bricks of Federal bulk 22 and they're yours. I'll replace them for $100 in the next 6 months!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

mod71alaska wrote:Somebody offer me $1000 for 5 bricks of Federal bulk 22 and they're yours. I'll replace them for $100 in the next 6 months!
let's flag this and check back on October 15 to see how close your prediction is... oh yeah, I know how

un momento
capture18802.png
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Grizz wrote:
mod71alaska wrote:Somebody offer me $1000 for 5 bricks of Federal bulk 22 and they're yours. I'll replace them for $100 in the next 6 months!
let's flag this and check back on October 15 to see how close your prediction is... oh yeah, I know how

un momento
capture18802.png

Grizz, that's a really good idea but that only works if you send me the money. Money, man, money! You gotta send the money! Nothing is free, especially flagging. Jeeesh, I'm held to the fire and no money! :mrgreen: :roll: :? :shock: :o :mrgreen:
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

It is an interesting gentlemans bet, Grizz; you can hold my feet to the fire.
Lets check back in six.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Since we're makin' offers, I'll trade 10 bricks assorted .22lr. for a Special Grade M1 Garand...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

I'll trade Federal 22 bricks for 9mm FMJ...seriously!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Mescalero wrote:It is an interesting gentlemans bet, Grizz; you can hold my feet to the fire.
Lets check back in six.
got it flagged in the compluter, the countdown is on...

I predicted this several years ago on a likeminded forum, most guys thought I was crazy. one guy got it. I bet he is sitting on some reserves. and dribbling some to pay for his supply.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Well,
I have plenty, but I would like to see the situation rectified.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Mescalero wrote:Well,
I have plenty, but I would like to see the situation rectified.
Well, you are in a commodity business, you understand how it works.

What it says to me is that RIGHT NOW is a good time to be manufacturing 22 ammo.

But you know how it works. Imagine the paperwork. Imagine the permitting hassles.

Imagine the zoning issues and all the rest of the claptrap that confines modern capitalists.

I imagine that's why there isn't a lot of supply coming online. The manufacturers are at 100% and loving every minute of it. Particularly the fact that no competitors have dumped in.

It makes me wonder how it is that china or india isn't ramped up and producing shiploads of ammo. Probably because they know that the first huge oversupply will kill the goose that is laying the golden 22 ammo.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Mescalero wrote:It is an interesting gentlemans bet, Grizz; you can hold my feet to the fire.
Lets check back in six.
well guys, here's the follow-up. .22 ammo is just as hard to find and not nearly the price the hopeful were hoping for. while the peaks have tapered off, the lows are nowhere near the prior lows. they still seem to be manufactured of unobtanium.

I think this is a pretty good hint that the new 'normal' isn't planning to be anything like the one we remember.

One thing I noticed is that every tom, dick, and harriet jumped into center fire ammo production, but I don't see any kitchen-lab versions of .22 LR in the catalogs.

Maybe suggests that those who can are at full capacity and the cost of entry is high?

we live in interesting times

maybe the smart money is to set up a lead smelter in Mexicali. it's hot enough to melt it there anyway...

Grizz

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... 41&src=sim
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

We have a store up here called "Canadian Tire" it is an automotive/hardware/outdoor type store.
In this weeks flyer they have boxes of Federal Bulk 22LR 375 count on sale for $28.99
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Hard to call, not as low as I wanted, not as high as Grizz projected.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

true dat. try it at the per round price and see what that looks like.

my guess is it looks like a linear regression trend line, like gold, sorta

notice that gold didn't drop to the 250$ price point, except in buying power it did...

so I'd say the .22 price is accurately reflecting the destruction of the dollar value by the dotgovt that is destroying America
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I think Six reported 55 a brick at a Penn. show.
I will go to Phx. show this weekend and report back.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Cheap bulk Walmart ammo is still going for 50-60 bucks a brick plus 20 bucks shipping on GB. No end in sight, I don't think we will ever get back
to the availability and prices we had this time last year. Good ol' days are gone forever, I think. :cry:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

jnyork wrote:Cheap bulk Walmart ammo is still going for 50-60 bucks a brick plus 20 bucks shipping on GB. No end in sight, I don't think we will ever get back
to the availability and prices we had this time last year. Good ol' days are gone forever, I think. :cry:
a 550 round box is $24.95 at Walmart (still a far cry from $9.95 or $14.95) but you have to beat all the vultures to it. :evil: :evil:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

How to do that?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Mescalero wrote:How to do that?
http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

We talked to the folks at Cabela's in Sidney a while back about 22 ammo. They told us that they got their shipment in every day at 8 am, and that if you weren't in line at the time you probably couldn't get any by 830 am.
The folks at Champion supply tell me they believe they'll be caught up on the back orders and be able to sell full case lots on the target ammo by sometime around the first of the year. Midway and Grafs have off and on had some of the lower end target ammo available, Grafs hasn't restricted the amount you can order, Midway restricts to one brick per customer per day, but even at that the prices haven't shot up as drastically as some places have. I got some of the SK magazine ammo for 45$ in the bulk can, and went back to order more but they were out, a quick check on gunbroker showed that same ammo for opening bids at 79$.
Scalplers , and hoarders are all low life scum in my book.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Grizz wrote:Maybe the smart money is to set up a lead smelter in Mexicali.
THAT would be a good idea, actually...

Anyone know some venture capitalists, and some dudes in the 'lead' industry (I think there are some soon-to-be-unemployed ones in Colorado or wherever the last remaining U.S. operation is being closed down as we speak)...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Do not worry, our southern NAFTA partners will soon detect the void.
Nature abhors a void.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Most of the raw lead that was processed at that Mo. plant that's closing down was sent to Mexico for final refinement anyway..
There's two lead smelters in Canada. I'm not to worried about lead availability in the near future.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Don McDowell wrote:.
Scalplers , and hoarders are all low life scum in my book.
Not sure I have a problem with hoarders who actually "plan" on using what they hoard some day. (Look at my .348 hoard :oops: I have enough bullets, brass to fend off the entire zombie hoard with my model 71)

But the ones who hoard in an attempt to drive prices up and capitalize on it... :evil:

One of my co-workers just happened to stop by WM one day and caught .22lr in stock. He bought three boxes (550) I don't blame him but he normally would have bought one box if he was sure he could buy another when he needed it. That's what's taking the shortage so long to go away. If prices ever get back near normal I might buy 20 boxes and rathole them away. I haven't been shooting much .22 because of the shortage. I started checking all my cubbyholes and counted at leaset 12 various bricks. :oops: And I thought I was nearly out. Now I shoot if I want to but my 500 round sessions are nil
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

these days I generally go in for a 15-20 round session. Maybe I'll cut it down to 10. At least I have a range membership and so don't pay each visit. It's my weekend trip out, I don't need to shoot up a whole can.

I have about 500 rounds left of the good stuff. And I'm kind of at the point where, if I can't get my brand, don't want to shoot anything.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Grizz,
Why don't we re-set the clock for another six months, this has been interesting and did not go the way either one of us thought.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Vance I'm in agreement with you.
I don't consider someone who buys a case of 22's or primers etc at a time to be a hoarder, IF they have honest intentions of using that much and more. But the guy that might only shoot a brick or two of 22 in a year, that suddenly has 20K rounds stashed up "just in case of" is as you say causing a lot of this shortage and price gouging.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Don McDowell,
I would like to know, but doubt we ever will; what really caused this situation to occur.
The real nut & bolts........ cause & effect of what happened to cause this.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Mescalero wrote:Grizz,
Why don't we re-set the clock for another six months, this has been interesting and did not go the way either one of us thought.
I'm good with that idea, it's a decent benchmark.

If you look at old boat catalogs and magazines as I do, you will see that you can buy a set of polished bronze oarlocks with brackets for a certain sum, say 4$ or maybe less. Then you look at any online supplier of chinese made American pattern clones and compare costs. The price difference is the actual reduction in value of the Yankee dollar, caused by the banking/government cartel.

Of course there are anomylous spikes in prices at both ends of the spectrum. About 9 years ago you could buy oil contracts for 10$ per 50,000bbls. Carefully nursing the position AND liquidating at the peak made a tidy profit. Is that price gouging? Is that hording?

Whenever I see those terms in respect to commodities that we all had equal and unfettered access to I see people who assumed that the market would never isolate them, that everything was in equilibrium, and every market item would always be available at cheap prices. IOW, they didn't plan ahead, or to use the current terminology, they didn't prep.

When gas prices zoom to 4$ I often see cars leave the pump with 3$ gas tabs. Needless to say the towing bill far exceeds the gas bill.

I drive with my tank half to 3/4 full of gas, even though I drive past 20 gas stations every day. Is that hording? Is it gouging of I top off when the price dips so my commute outlay is dollar cost averaged?

I'm not directing this at you in particular friend, I want to expand this discussion to wider principles.

The dotgovt calls 'preppers' 'hoarders'. So by the corruptogovt definition, if you prepare for your future in any way, you are a horder. This is one of the crimes that will eventually send the prepared folks into the concentration colliseums.

If people want to live in a commie society where the corrupt govt determines who gets what, when. In a society where competition and profit are IMPOSSIBLE, then people will denigrate the prepared individuals as hoarders, and the individuals with forethought as price gougers if they sell what they have at the current going market price. Like, what would we think about someone with tons of lead ingots selling them into a surging market for the then devalued shrinking currency?

Should such a person be restricted to selling his lead to only be able to buy gasoline at 1910 prices? Is it that person's fault or responsibility that I have less lead, or that I might have to pay more in current dollars than the seller paid?

We cannot have it both ways. Lip service to a free market that stops when I get pinched is not freedom.
We are all seeing what a dotgovt controlled "marketplace" is playing out before out eyes every day in the medi-tyranny that is jamming its jackboot on the backs of working Americans. There is talk that my wife's insurance costs will rise 6K next year. Multiply that by the number of gainfully employed peopel in the nation and calculate where that is going. That is the contrast of a free market with a dictatatorial one. It's not a hard choice for me, I'll take comfort in what hoarders and gougers offer in medical care, cash for service rendered.

I know, long post, but life's lessons are valuable and this is a valuable perspective that opens the lens to wide-angle.

Regards,
Grizz
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Mescalero wrote:Don McDowell,
I would like to know, but doubt we ever will; what really caused this situation to occur.
Panic buying plain and simple.
Jerry Dean at Powder Inc. told me right before their Black Dawg ammo plant blew, that they had received more orders for that ammunition than he would of ever imagined.
Jamison Brass said that they were so far back ordered on their modern cartridge brass that they have no idea when they will get the time to run the "obscolete" cartridge cases.
One local gun shop with a second store in another town said they had folks coming in and buying stuff in such volume they could not keep up with ordering and restocking shelves. Our local farm supply store had a pretty decent stock of ammo on the shelves, then the panic hit and all but some shotgun shells were gone, and now they have a sign on the mostly empty shelves that says limit 2 boxes per customer..

Right here on this very board there were people bragging about how much they were able to make "scalping" buyers for extra stuff they had on hand. I still shake my head in disbelief after the 08 election and the panic that hit, the folks on this very board ordering 1000 444 marlin cases... Nobody will ever live long enough nor shoot enough 444 marlin cases to go thru that many of those things .
The example I gave about the ammunition sales at the Cabela's store in Sidney Ne., for crying out loud folks were driving there from hundreds of mile to stand in line and buy what would be a normal weeks worth of product sales prior to this latest round of panic buying.
Watch the online suppliers , and watch how long 22 ammo or primers stay in stock when they show up as available. Heck Grafs even sold out of 17$ a box of 50 imported 22 ammo yesterday.
Sheeple all running over the cliff...
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Don McDowell wrote:
Mescalero wrote:Don McDowell,
Panic buying plain and simple.
Jerry Dean at Powder Inc. told me right before their Black Dawg ammo plant blew, that they had received more orders for that ammunition than he would of ever imagined.
Jamison Brass said that they were so far back ordered on their modern cartridge brass that they have no idea when they will get the time to run the "obscolete" cartridge cases.
One local gun shop with a second store in another town said they had folks coming in and buying stuff in such volume they could not keep up with ordering and restocking shelves. Our local farm supply store had a pretty decent stock of ammo on the shelves, then the panic hit and all but some shotgun shells were gone, and now they have a sign on the mostly empty shelves that says limit 2 boxes per customer..

Right here on this very board there were people bragging about how much they were able to make "scalping" buyers for extra stuff they had on hand. I still shake my head in disbelief after the 08 election and the panic that hit, the folks on this very board ordering 1000 444 marlin cases... Nobody will ever live long enough nor shoot enough 444 marlin cases to go thru that many of those things .
The example I gave about the ammunition sales at the Cabela's store in Sidney Ne., for crying out loud folks were driving there from hundreds of mile to stand in line and buy what would be a normal weeks worth of product sales prior to this latest round of panic buying.
Watch the online suppliers , and watch how long 22 ammo or primers stay in stock when they show up as available. Heck Grafs even sold out of 17$ a box of 50 imported 22 ammo yesterday.
Sheeple all running over the cliff...
Exactly. And in reality if you want to hoard for some catastrophy, you should hoard water, dry food, seed, stove and lamp fuel....long term items. On another subject, I get a kick out of people who buy 1000 yards ranging/compensating scopes for their ARs. All you're going to do with that is let the bad guys know where you are!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Vance you said a mouthful there, if there ever was a catastrophic event such as some imagine, I would about bet a .lb of flower and a tablespoon of salt would be worth at least 3 bricks of 22's and a troy ounce of gold... And how much do you suppose a quart jar of canned beef might be worth..
As in the example of the 1000 yd scope on the AR, if guns and shooting ever were to be outlawed, the last thing you'll want to do is go out and do some "sport" shooting with your hoard of ammo, because you can just about bet some mamby pamby is going to call the authorities... Ever watched Red Dawn?
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Don McDowell wrote:... And how much do you suppose a quart jar of canned beef might be worth..
..... Ever watched Red Dawn?
I've seen both Red Dawns. Own the first and love it. Couldn't make it through the recent one.

How long do you think you could protect your herd if those times came and the cattle were scattered over 10 sections of high pasture? Not that any of those city folk know how to butcher a beef, but that wouldn't stop them from cutting a "backstrap" or hindquarter off.

I seriously am afraid I will see a full blown depression before I die...not looking forward to it. Need to get my mom to show me how to can again. What little I know I've forgotten. I bet it would be hard to scrounge up many canning supplies nowadays even in this farming community. Wait...I'm not sure this is a farming community anymore.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I did claim a pressure cooker from my biological mother when she died.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Vance, I had a neighbor that was almost fruited clear out over Y2K,, I told him not to fret quite so much, in the first place they'ld have to find the gasoline to get out here, in the second place, keep the good natured ones for laborers, stuff the others down a badger hole, and use their vehicles for parts and what ever spare gas they had left in the gas tank...
I think we are in a depression, but they are using enough creative financing at the moment to keep the thing from collapsing, how much longer before they tip over the edge is a point for ponderance.
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

vancelw wrote:[

I seriously am afraid I will see a full blown depression before I die...not looking forward to it. Need to get my mom to show me how to can again. What little I know I've forgotten. I bet it would be hard to scrounge up many canning supplies nowadays even in this farming community. Wait...I'm not sure this is a farming community anymore.
Its simple I can pints of tuna and elk meat every year. Its a great way to preserve meat ready to eat. They sell everything you need at Bi-mart here, kind of a all purpose food/outdoorsy kinda store. Just stuff the jars with the meat and put in pressure cooker for approximately 90 min @ 11 psi. with about a inch of water in the bottom. a teaspoon of canning salt on top of the meat. The exact cook times will be in the booklet that comes with the cooker.