Captain Phillips

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Captain Phillips

Post by TedH »

It's not often a new movie comes out that I want to spend 9 or 10 bucks for a ticket to see, but I've been eagerly awaiting the release of "Captain Phillips". We went and watched it last night, and it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. There is some dispute as to the accuracy of the Captain's actions as portrayed in the film by Tom Hanks, so I'm sure some of the details have been "Hollywood'ed up". It had a lot of highs and lows, and nail biting suspense through out. All in all, I thought it was a great movie.
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Re: Captain Phillips

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It looked like it might be interesting. :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I'm looking forward to it... even tho' I already know how it turns out... :P :twisted: :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I agree, it was a great, gritty show. Can't imagine being in such a predicament.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Looking forward to seeing it, sounds like a winner :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

I saw it, loved it, but some of the action events were "compressed" from what I have heard. For one thing, I have heard the SEALS laid on that deck for over 24hrs before getting opportunity and permission for the shot. Once all the political BS was behind them, it took just a few minutes for the right opportunity, and according to witnesses, all three shots came at once. That part (three simultaneous shots) Hollywierd got right in the film.

Other than that, film was great.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but please do remember, this is hollywood.

There are folks who have spoke out that details presented and the story told, well, there were liberties taken.

Research it if you wish.

(you're not surprised, are you?)