OT: range report on Charter Bulldog

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

OT: range report on Charter Bulldog

Post by JNG »

I got to take the Bulldog for a walk yesterday. I shot 90 rounds, 50 240 grain gunshow stuff, 20 rounds Silvertips and 20 rounds Golddots. All shooting was done at 20 yards with a standing one hand hold.

I started out with the gunshow stuff. The first 5 went way to the right, after changing my grip the rounds settled into a 6" group. Next was the Silvertips. They shot into a nice 4 to 5 inch groups. Last was the Golddots. They went into 2 to 3 inch groups with quite alot of cloverleafs.
The guns felt great, I did remove some sharp edges though. The recoil was on par with my 642 when shooting +P stuff. The trigger is better then the Smith, that was a nice suprise. I will be shooting it quite a bit in the months to come. I am going to work out a practice load using 200gr lead. The Golddots will be my carry load. I am going to make another post concerning some gunsmithing for this jewel.

Do I like it? With a few changes and if it continues to operate as it did yesterday, I do believe that my 642 will become a safe queen.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I keep reading that they will shoot loose pretty quick.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

I'd be careful about shooting someone else's reloads from a gunshow. If you mean you bought some old factory ammo that's a different matter, but unless you know the person who reloaded the ammo, or they're a commercial reloader, I wouldn't shoot them in my gun. Too much room for trouble.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JNG »

Good advise, I bought it mostily for the brass. It's shoot up now. And I will heed by advise.