here's a 44 I could almost like

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

here's a 44 I could almost like

Post by Grizz »

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/1892-ala ... k-end.html

if it weren't for the lever and the plated finish and probably the twist rate...

other than that, a pretty great tool.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: here's a 44 I could almost like

Post by Pete44ru »

Although it comes with a Skinner Express Sight, I like the scout option

Now, IF it was a .454...................Hmmmmm......

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Thankfully it IS available in .45 Colt! But, the price...?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Does someone know the twist rate?

I like the 92 action. I like the octagonal barrel. It would be a super skiff and woods cruiser gun. Especially if it would feed 405 gr cast bullets at around 1250 fps, plus or minus.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

They say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." and " Just no accounting for some people's tastes.", but I think that is one nasty looking firearm :( . I would probably run a fellow off, if he came to the door with one of those as a gift for me. :(
Homer
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Homer »

Kind nice, and no extra levers or buttons or switches to deal with. Heck Grizz, you are already equipped with a 10" Ruger. It handier, lighter, and just as easy to hit with. Of course, already being equipped means nothing to us nuts.
"Take everything but the fire." Long Hair in "The Cowboys"
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Fantastic piece, plus its black n' chrome-what could be nicer except black and stainless. Yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder :mrgreen:

I went to their website but didn't see where they are made. Are they Uberti's? Too bad no 357's.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

While I an Traditional wood and steel guy I have seen worse guns than this. At least they put some decent sights and features on it.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Charles wrote:They say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." and " Just no accounting for some people's tastes.", but I think that is one nasty looking firearm :( . I would probably run a fellow off, if he came to the door with one of those as a gift for me. :(
Charles, send him my way, I'd like to try it out. I can send it to Anchorage for a paint job and it'll disappear in the woods... LOL

Really, the 92 is MUCH handier than the 86 or the guide gun, and holds more ammo. It just can't sling the throw weight that I like to have when I'm in the bear zone. My daughter has a stainless Rossi 45 that could be that rifle but it has slow twisting and a very thin barrel. The one above seems to have a substantial barrel and looks like a shooter to me.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I remember some 15 years ago this gunsmith was making them just like that for something in the neighborhood of 3500.

As a utility gun, I guess its OK, but.............that nasty looking lever has to go. Sure, its for gloves, but who wears triple insulated welding gloves while hunting? Seems to me that lever would catch on a boulder.-----------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD