Not ONE Enemy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Not ONE Enemy

Post by Blaine »

:lol: :lol:

Ya' gotta love this guy!

Meet Walter Barnes - All golfers should live so long as to become this kind of old man!

Toward the end of the Sunday service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?" 80% held up their hands.

The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one man, Walter Barnes, who attended church only when the weather was bad.

"Mr. Barnes, it's obviously not a good morning for golf. It's good to see you here today. Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?"

"I don't have any," he replied gruffly.

"Mr. Barnes, that is very unusual. How old are you?"

"Ninety-eight," he replied. The congregation stood up and clapped their hands.

"Oh, Mr. Barnes, would you please come down in front and tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years and not have an enemy in the world?"

The old golfer tottered down the aisle, stopped in front of the pulpit, turned around, faced the congregation, and said simply,

"I outlived all them EssOhBees"

And he calmly returned to his seat.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Not ONE Enemy

Post by Old Savage »

And as I told you on that other place - golf is the Place to do it!!!!!! :)

Doesn't hurt to take a cute chick to lunch for her birthday

Right Sixgun :) What are Jeeps for?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

OS,

How do you do it? :?: :?: So many ladies :?: :?:

Steve
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

SteveR wrote:OS,

Steve
Young women usually take pity on non threatening old men. Besides, if he stepped out of bounds they can probably walk away faster than he can run in chase. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jeepnik wrote:
SteveR wrote:OS,

Steve
Young women usually take pity on non threatening old men. Besides, if he stepped out of bounds they can probably walk away faster than he can run in chase. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Wait :o How come they don't take pity on me? :shock:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Ok guys, so I got another email from a forum member complaining about leacherous girly pictures that offended a members son and wife. Though the pictures here are perfectly legal, are they really needed and do they serve some deep primal need for your viewing pleasure? We lost another good lever gunner today because these pictures show up in far too many threads and while innocently going through topics, stuff photos show up objectifying women. Great example for his son, and hurtful to his wife. In my opinion, and in the opinion of the others, this isn't the place for this. I am sure there are other places you can post this stuff, where people won't be offended and such behavior is welcome. I don't think this forum is that place. It's not my forum. It's Paco's. I have been asked to help care for it. Here is the deal. I can't take care of it when those asked to help take care of it also, continually flood the forum with this stuff, and valued members encourage it. This forum should be self moderated to the highest standards that match the moral compass of the owner and those that come here. Frankly, it's not being that when we objectify others at the cost of our egos. So there you have it. These are my thoughts and those shared to me by others whom I respect here. I believe we are better than this. So did those who have gone by the way side. I have had emails from others defending their actions and accusing me of lieing to support my arguments with him. Well, I'm here on the forum in the open, calling out this action on behalf of those who have written me. I won't argue this in private emails. Post your opinions here for all to read. Keep it clean. Keep it within the guide lines of the forum. I look forward to hearing your opinions and position on this, in the open. I have already moderated my reading of this forum avoiding certain topics. I read them only when directed by others through their complaints. However that's not right either. This is suppose to be a safe place for members and family members. We need to restore that. Otherwise, we will continue to loose good members.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:evil: Those are completely G rated, pics, and I'll wager it's the vast minority whining....It's time to stop bending a knee to the ones who have nothing of substance to whine about....I suggest you submit this thread to a owner and get a ruling......If this is not family-acceptable, perhaps I don't belong here :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: It's time to stop groveling to the lowest common denominator.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I'll wager there is a personality conflict rather than a moral conflict. Whiners taking it out on OS as opposed to content..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I for one, am surprised that complaints are made about pictures of attractive females, do the same people complain about females pictured with dead game animals or fish they have caught?
I read nearly every post on this forum and there are some "real characters" here that brighten up the mood from time to time, whether it be photos of the moon, cars stuck up trees or pretty acquaintances.
I suppose we could get by without such distractions and just talk non stop about what firearms and bullets are the best to kill animals and other human beings but I for one prefer the lighter side of life too.
In fact I sometimes worry about the kind of people with such extreme views having access to firearms.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

"Leacherous girly pictures" . If OS is the one being singled out over the girl in this post, that's pretty insulting to the young lady. I don't post a heck of a lot but I've been a member a number of years and log in several times a day. I've never seen him post an offensive picture, or any picture I wouldn't show my wife or kids, just pictures of lady friends, co-workers and his wife at work, vacation, etc.. Because some are in bathing suits? Better them than OS! :o (no offense) . If it was something that demeaning and insulting to women, then I missed it.....or I'm some kind of immoral heathen. :?

If we start making claims about other posts being offensive to youngsters, wives, and girlfriends such as shooting cats or dogs, making fun of "rednecks", "yankees", sexual preferences, pictures of bloodied dead game, certain occupations or what have you....will those be singled out also because someone finds it offensive?
I'm all for playing by the rules and realize I'm a guest here, but I honestly don't see where any were broken. But that's just my opinion.
Jim

Mike, I see where you said you were not referring to the young lady in this post. I'm apologize for that. You asked "Is it needed?" Maybe,... sometimes for some, it makes them laugh or smile. It does for me. O.S is quite the character much like most here. I'd hate for anyone to leave for something that, at least to me, is trivial.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

HTFU :roll: Two other moderators think it was just fine.
Party on.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mike, I'm sorry that you have to deal with these issues. While I can understand a man's wanting to protect his children & wife, they need to be realistic about their expectations. I gotta agree with jkbrea:
jkbrea wrote:You asked "Is it needed?" Maybe,... sometimes for some, it makes them laugh or smile. It does for me. O.S is quite the character much like most here. I'd hate for anyone to leave for something that, at least to me, is trivial.
Gobbler, now you done it! :twisted: I have go off and spend the morning doing research! When I could be going back to bed...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Seriously, if those pics are offensive, you probably need to get rid of your internet access and throw your TV out on the front yard. These days commercials are more offensive, even on NON CABLE channels!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sometimes we can all get our panties knotted up. Sometimes underlying issues get a prod maybe.
OS is known for his photos ....maybe his good wife took them!
Assuming anything can make fools of us.
What is far more difficult but more worthy is a spirit of forgiveness towards each other.
Take care friends.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

My first thought is for the mods, they have a tough job trying to be fair to everyone , it`s not easy.

Because some are in bathing suits? Better them than OS! :o

As far as the pics imo, it could be worse. :lol:

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

AAaaahhhhh! My eyes!!!!!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Pitchy my friend, that crazy photo of you is a killer!... :lol: :lol: :lol:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

While I don't envy the job of the Mods, I certainly wouldn't consider the pics in question to be offensive in the slightest. That could just as easily been a photo of a man with his daughter. Would it have been offensive then? If you find these kinds of things offensive then you best go find youself a cave to live in and cut off all contact with the outside world. You will see horribly offensive things if you watch network TV long enough to see a shampoo commercial for crying out loud. I can't help but think there is an underlying issue here. Do they NEED to be posted here? No, probably not, but I'm sure there are far more that appreciate the wide range of content here that is shared among friends, than the few that find a cute girl offensive.
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I don't think the idea that because everyone else does it, or that's it's everywhere so we should it is a very good indicator of what is or is not acceptable. I think back to when Paco and Jim T and other Shootist would post, and I can't remember one of them finding the need to post shots of young ladies, or work a curse word into a post in a clever way to get around the auto word checker. Others throw trash on the ground of this great land. Does not make its acceptable. Others do a lot of things, and yes we can, in a free society, choose to follow. We can also choose who to follow. I choose the ways of Jim T. My last post. Fell short of 10k. Oh well. Blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

That is so sad. In pitchys photo I noticed the logs first lol !

N. :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

rjohns94 wrote:Ok guys, so I got another email from a forum member complaining about leacherous girly pictures that offended a members son and wife.

Sometimes it is a parent's job to say no and sometimes it is a moderator's job to say "I've reviewed the post and have determined your accusations to be groundless even taking into account the high standards of this forum." End of story; it then should not have even come to our attention.

Personally (I've never been accused of being PC), I would have informed the offended man thet he should put down the rattlesnakes he uses in his religious practices and immediately get his wife and son some psychiatric treatment to help them deal with the terror and disgust the must surely feel whenever they go out in public. FWIW, Just my $.02, YMMV.

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Man, day after day watch' in Pitchy bring in the wood...sure must be cold.. :shock: :shock: :shock: . :lol: .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

rjohns94 wrote:I don't think the idea that because everyone else does it, or that's it's everywhere so we should it is a very good indicator of what is or is not acceptable. I think back to when Paco and Jim T and other Shootist would post, and I can't remember one of them finding the need to post shots of young ladies, or work a curse word into a post in a clever way to get around the auto word checker. Others throw trash on the ground of this great land. Does not make its acceptable. Others do a lot of things, and yes we can, in a free society, choose to follow. We can also choose who to follow. I choose the ways of Jim T. My last post. Fell short of 10k. Oh well. Blessings
I think one of the reasons we have more OT posts nowadays is because we have talked the hind leg off leverguns over the years, it is refreshing when a newbi asked a simple levergun question so that we can all jump in with advice... :lol:
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Sometimes it is a parent's job to say no and sometimes it is a moderator's job to say "I've reviewed the post and have determined your accusations to be groundless even taking into account the high standards of this forum." End of story; it then should not have even come to our attention.

Personally (I've never been accused of being PC), I would have informed the offended man thet he should put down the rattlesnakes he uses in his religious practices and immediately get his wife and son some psychiatric treatment to help them deal with the terror and disgust the must surely feel whenever they go out in public. FWIW, Just my $.02, YMMV.

Bob in Friday Harbor, WA
Bob, you're less diplomatic than I am. (Fact, not a judgement. :) )

Gotta say I'm in complete agreement with ya, though.

-Stretch
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

rjohns94 wrote:I don't think the idea that because everyone else does it, or that's it's everywhere so we should it is a very good indicator of what is or is not acceptable. I think back to when Paco and Jim T and other Shootist would post, and I can't remember one of them finding the need to post shots of young ladies, or work a curse word into a post in a clever way to get around the auto word checker. Others throw trash on the ground of this great land. Does not make its acceptable. Others do a lot of things, and yes we can, in a free society, choose to follow. We can also choose who to follow. I choose the ways of Jim T. My last post. Fell short of 10k. Oh well. Blessings
You're way out of line here Mike. Lately, you'll use any excuse, no matter how minor, to try to bend others to your thinking. Personally, I think your bent in this thread is a personal attack on one of the most popular members of this forum.

A lot of us here have strong religious beliefs but we don't try to impose them on others as you do.

Get off your horse and come back down to ground level again. And quit hiding behind and using the Shootist to try to make your point. If you can't make your point on your own, maybe your point is weak/moot.
ED
Yer never too old
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Griff wrote:Mike, I'm sorry that you have to deal with these issues. While I can understand a man's wanting to protect his children & wife, they need to be realistic about their expectations. I gotta agree with jkbrea:
jkbrea wrote:You asked "Is it needed?" Maybe,... sometimes for some, it makes them laugh or smile. It does for me. O.S is quite the character much like most here. I'd hate for anyone to leave for something that, at least to me, is trivial.
I agree with both points, including the 'sorry you have to deal with this'.

Serious if stupid question...is this meant to be the "Shootists" website or just a website that some of them post on that tries to carry on their traditions to some extent but have a broader participation? Sometimes someone posts a rebuke such as "Well, you're no Shootist..." as if that insult negates whatever the other person was saying. NOT to disrespect that bunch but either this is 'their' site or 'our' site...or more properly Paco's and I assume Jim's. Perhaps they should clarify this issue do we aren't guessing and accusing and second-guessing all the time. Maybe they already have done so and I missed the post or it was private to the Green Guys.

I'm happy to abide by whatever standards the forum OWNERS set, but if the person(s) who are offended are not the owners then I'm a bit less excited about not offending them, even though I to try to be 'reasonable'. Different people define 'reasonable' differently however.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I know I'm late to the topic but here's the deal...

#1, Mike REPORTED the complaint. He didn't delete the photos, he didn't do anything except to report the complaint and explain the point of view except...
#2, he noted that people try to skirt the rules with clever ways to cuss and not have it caught by the autochecker.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Hobie wrote:I know I'm late to the topic but here's the deal...

#1, Mike REPORTED the complaint. He didn't delete the photos, he didn't do anything except to report the complaint and explain the point of view except...
#2, he noted that people try to skirt the rules with clever ways to cuss and not have it caught by the autochecker.
:) An esteemed Clergyman on this forum first introduced me to the term EssoBee, and I recall that you thought it pretty slick at the time :P I've noticed that "damnyankee" can be said with complete impunity :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

fwiw, I thought the opening post was a really cute joke
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Pitchy wrote:My first thought is for the mods, they have a tough job trying to be fair to everyone , it`s not easy.

Because some are in bathing suits? Better them than OS! :o

As far as the pics imo, it could be worse. :lol:

Thats just wrong Pitchy, that belt does not go with that skirt :shock:
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Dude....You should always wear a slip with something so sheer....we can see all the way to China through that thing....Don't worry, though, I have that problem all the time....
Last edited by Blaine on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

talk about your double standards - a woman can get by wearing boots with shorts or a skirt
but just let a man try...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

bulldog1935 wrote:talk about your double standards - a woman can get by wearing boots with shorts or a skirt
but just let a man try...
Perhaps a herringbone pattern would not clash with the boots so much :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm going to have to flag these posts, I'm laughing so much my health is in danger... :lol: :lol: :lol:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

OK - since there is some 'therapeutic levity' going on - I showed both these to my wife and daughter - guess which one made them both say "Eewww..." ???

Now, in Pitchy's defense, my daughter was "Eewwwing" about 'that guy dressed in a skirt-thing', whereas my wife was "Eewwwing" about 'it just clashes - he needs something above the waist in the same color scheme', so I think she appreciates a mature man with nice (I guess) legs. I guess I'm safe as long as any 'skirt-thing' comes with matching shoulder-holster or something.

Then I showed them this one, and this time they both said the same thing - "At least that guy doesn't have a skirt-thing on..." I didn't tell them that Knowing Old Savage, he just might have had one on, but had the good decency to edit it out of the picture. :D

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

:lol: take what ya can get. :lol:
Ya ought to see me riding horse in that outfit. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage is a classy guy who has never wrote or posted a pic that was out of line. He is fun loving guy who is a happy individual and you know what?.......Some people are miserable in their lives and want to see everyone else in the same deplorable condition they are, so that is why they complain.

My suggestion to miserable people is to take a long walk on a short plank or if they are not man enough to do that, GET OUT OF DODGE. good riddance :D ------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I do wish members here and you know who you are would STOP giving Mr P ideas on how to dress in skirts! Before you know it he'll need a new wardrobe!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdentrem »

What we have seen, are seeing now and we will next see.

Three of my father’s brothers saw service in the forces. 2 served in WW2, and the other was on the way to Korea. The oldest never talked about it. He saw Europe from D-day to the end, it marked him for the rest of his life. He saw the deathcamps, Dad knows that much. What else he saw we will never know.

A co worker’s grandfather served in WW2 in Europe. He never talked about it much prior to his death recently. A few years ago, at a family picnic, a home a couple blocks over blew up. It was from a gas leak. He looked up at the debris falling all around and then bit into his burger saying that he seen that before. Naturally both sides were blowing up building etc so it was old hat for him. He had seen may things that we will hopefully never see.

Another example. Just recent this summer on ABC Good Morning America at 8:27 am, the network aired a spot for one of their prime time show Betrayal. The scene was soft porn with the lady under her man doing the bump and grind. Both were shown nude from the side. Yes you could not see anything but at 8 am, in the summer when kids are home? Even Facebook took down the scene shot from this spot and listed it as porn. Alot of people got an eye full. Many did not like what they saw.

Even grade school kids see more on TV and the web than what we see here. Pretty ladies are a pleasure to look at and it does break up the bad news etc we see on the tube all the time.

Maybe if they were holding a firearm or two at the same time there would be no issues?

Have we seen enough? Yes we have lots of junk on the TV and web in the last 20+ years. Should we accept it? Likely not. The problem is the conflict between good and bad, right of free speech and moral values that are not the same as the next person.

Shall we have censureship? OK who draws the line and where is that line? Where does it stop? We all have seen what happens when stuff gets censured in the past.

Here the owner of the board sets the tone on what is allowed and not. The standard line we all see or hear is, "If you don’t like it move on". Move on to where? One can not get away from any of the bad, anywhere in REAL life!
I completely understand that some parents wish to prevent their kids from seeing or hearing what they consider bad evil stuff but do they also monitor everything that their kids see or hear. What about that Xbox in the other room? What kinds of games are they playing? TV in the bedrooms? School friends and their after school get togethers?

We can not expect the people to live in a blacked out bubble. Life is life. Live and let live, don’t preach about whatever and try to force your position on others. Offer your values etc and show them in a good light. If they are reasonable others will or may follow.

Mike aired his concerns and maybe that should not of been the way to do things. Moderators operate in the background and only usually come into view when required. It is a tough job as there are always two sides to the coin. How to balance that with in the Terms of Service is a major headache on all forums.

Also I have seen enough of Pitchy's wardrobe for at least a month! :shock:

After having to read through this I offer for atonement a picture of my latest levergun. A '92 in 32 WCF.

My .02 after tax.
Pierre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Pierre, looks like a nice half rd/oct button mag '92. Not too shabby. Out of a million 1892's, only 6,675 had that configuration. You think maybe I can have it? :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Pitchy wrote::lol: take what ya can get. :lol:
Pitchy you are a perfect candidate for the Tactical Kilt.
http://www.511tactical.com/101/Tactical-Duty-Kilt.html
That way the gun belt won't clash.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Folks, I've got to admit this is one of the most entertaining threads in quite a while. Not the original post mind you, but the tempest in a teapot that has developed.

I don't know the age of the male child. But if I remember correctly, I was nine or ten when I figured out where dad stashed his "girly" magazines. I doubt kids are that age, now, before they figure out how to skirt around mom and dad's web surfing restrictions. And if all a male child above the age of nine sees is a fully clothed, attractive young woman, and shows interest, I for one would count myself happy.

Having raised two boys, who in my opinion at least, turned out pretty good, one thing I was never worried about was their interest in pretty girls. Trust me, there's a whole lot of stuff they can, and did, get into that was potentially much more serious. In other words, boys will be boys. And a darned good thing, otherwise this species is in for extinction.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Personally, I think OS's posts are fun, pleasant and always interesting.

The alleged "complaint" ( :shock: :o ) strikes me as ludicrous in its' over-reaction to entirely appropriate pictures. :roll:

Political Correctness is used as a weapon to strangle any ideation/expression that Liberals don't like. We all know that.

Could "religious beliefs" be used by others in the same way? I think so, and it looks like it's getting out of hand.

Don't believe me? I suspect the complainants wouldn't have objected if the ladies had been in BURKAS. :evil:

Sound familiar now? It's called complete intolerance of others. Real popular in the Middle East, I hear.

For myself, I'd say that if the complainers are that socially and emotionally crippled, maybe moving on (apparently to a cave
away from all contact with modern society) is the best thing for them.

It certainly won't cost ME any lost sleep to see them go.

I keep a low profile here, rarely (if ever) get embroiled in set-to's, and make it a point to treat people well,
but dad-gum-it, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

If I'm scheduled to be the next to fall victim to the thought police for daring to offer an opinion,
just let me know, and I'll cheerfully be gone before you know it.

I am SICK UNTO DEATH of people trying to jam their unreasonable views down our throats. We gun owners get that
all the time, every day, everywhere we turn. We "darn" sure don't need more of it here, where we go for a little pleasant companionship with fellow shooters.

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

John in MS wrote:Personally, I think OS's posts are fun, pleasant and always interesting.

The alleged "complaint" ( :shock: :o ) strikes me as ludicrous in its' over-reaction to entirely appropriate pictures. :roll:

Political Correctness is used as a weapon to strangle any ideation/expression that Liberals don't like. We all know that.

Could "religious beliefs" be used by others in the same way? I think so, and it looks like it's getting out of hand.

Don't believe me? I suspect the complainants wouldn't have objected if the ladies had been in BURKAS. :evil:

Sound familiar now? It's called complete intolerance of others. Real popular in the Middle East, I hear.

For myself, I'd say that if the complainers are that socially and emotionally crippled, maybe moving on (apparently to a cave
away from all contact with modern society) is the best thing for them.

It certainly won't cost ME any lost sleep to see them go.

I keep a low profile here, rarely (if ever) get embroiled in set-to's, and make it a point to treat people well,
but dad-gum-it, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

If I'm scheduled to be the next to fall victim to the thought police for daring to offer an opinion,
just let me know, and I'll cheerfully be gone before you know it.

I am SICK UNTO DEATH of people trying to jam their unreasonable views down our throats. We gun owners get that
all the time, every day, everywhere we turn. We "darn" sure don't need more of it here, where we go for a little pleasant companionship with fellow shooters.

John
John
Thanks for your response, I've been trying to think of a tackfull way to respond to this and you sir hit the nail right on the head. Thanks
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

jeepnik wrote:
That`s a nice kilt but spendy I imagine, too cold in the winter and to many sketters in the summer :wink: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
pdentrem
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdentrem »

Sixgun wrote:Hey Pierre, looks like a nice half rd/oct button mag '92. Not too shabby. Out of a million 1892's, only 6,675 had that configuration. You think maybe I can have it? :D
In a word - NO! Sixgun watch them fingers! :D

Unfortunately it was willed to me. Cancer is one of the supreme hunters. Live with one eye open, fellas.
Pierre
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Pitchy wrote:
jeepnik wrote:
That`s a nice kilt but spendy I imagine, too cold in the winter and to many sketters in the summer :wink: :lol:
Wash more in summer then :lol:

N :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

jeepnik wrote:
That's the one I have.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Pitchy wrote:
jeepnik wrote:
When they were available they were only $65 IIRC...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Side saddle? :lol: :lol:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................