Played hookey yesterday

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Played hookey yesterday

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My wife started a tradition with our children years ago. On the first day of summer vacation, she takes them out to lunch. She also does so on the last day of summer vacation - a "last meal" before school starts. I missed a few of these due to work travel over the years, but I have actually taken time off the last couple years to make sure I can enjoy the event. My kids started school today, so I decided to take the whole day off yesterday.

We went to Genghis Grill for lunch. Man, Y2K eats like a horse now - and twice as fast as the rest of us! After a few errands, I took Y2K to the range. It was a great way to spend the last day of summer vacation.

We decided to shoot his Sig Sauer P226. Partly because it was already "dirty" and needed to be cleaned; partly because we both love the gun, and partly because I was able to pick up some 9mm ammunition lately. Wally-World had some "Tul-Ammo Brass Maxx" 9mm 115-grain FMJ on hand. I hadn't seen this one before; all the Tul-Ammo stuff I've ever shot is Russian-made in steel cases, and not the most reliable or accurate. This stuff is, as the name implies, loaded into brass cases, boxer-primed, non-corrosive and reloadable. It was also darn accurate and fed flawlessly! At $13.99 a box, it was a solid deal - especially as the "great ammunition draught of 2013" continues (though it is improving). We also fired some "Monarch" steel-cased ammunition I had purchased for $9.99/box at Academy Sports a few weeks ago. This was also accurate, and fed flawlessly! This will make good "outdoor" range ammo (since I dn't have to worry about chasing cases).

We had a great time. Y2K can pretty much match me now shooting, though he still needs to work on consistency. I still have a bit more experience than the little twerp (ok, 5'10" 175-lb not-so-little twerp). :D
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Re: Played hookey yesterday

Post by Gobblerforge »

Keep him guessing Dad. Confusion is your only weapon from now on. You'll never be as young and strong as him again. On the plus side, every time he beats you at something you did your best on, you will be more proud, not hurt. It's like a nod that you taught him well and that he learned well.
Salute.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gobblerforge wrote:Keep him guessing Dad. Confusion is your only weapon from now on. You'll never be as young and strong as him again. On the plus side, every time he beats you at something you did your best on, you will be more proud, not hurt. It's like a nod that you taught him well and that he learned well.
Salute.
Gobbler
Plus one to that... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The actions and thoughts of a son are what the father put into him as a young tike growning up. 'Ya done good Kid!------------------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

EXCELLENT reason to play hookey! :D

Both of my boys would relate to the "last
meal before the gallo..." - I mean "school year!" :lol:

One starts college next week, the other one third grade.

-Stretch