1873 Winchester parts needed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
moodyholler
Levergunner 2.0

1873 Winchester parts needed

Post by moodyholler »

I need a barrel suitable for relining. I have a '92 barrel in 32wcf, but want a 38wcf or 44 wcf barrel. I also need to get a lifter. Is ther a source for repro parts for these guns? Do the Italian parts work? Thanks, moodyholler
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I don't know if the repro parts work in originals. However, it you talk to Lisa @ VTI, she'll probably know. You might also try some of the folks on this list: Winchester Obsolete Parts.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Most of the Uberti parts will NOT fit the original. I know for a fact that the carriers will not interchange, nor will the barrel.

On the other hand, Chaparral CLAIMS their parts will interchange with the original Winnie 73. I have not personally verified that. Might be worth a call to them to see. Here's the link: http://www.chaparralfirearms.com/

If you can't find anything, drop me a note. I think I have a 44WCF carrier someplace. Will have to look!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Grizzly Adams wrote:Most of the Uberti parts will NOT fit the original. I know for a fact that the carriers will not interchange, nor will the barrel.

On the other hand, Chaparral CLAIMS their parts will interchange with the original Winnie 73. I have not personally verified that. Might be worth a call to them to see. Here's the link: http://www.chaparralfirearms.com/

If you can't find anything, drop me a note. I think I have a 44WCF carrier someplace. Will have to look!
Chaparral also makes the same claim on their 1876.

Have you tried Numerich's Gun Parts?