Burglar systems (took the plunge)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Burglar systems (took the plunge)

Post by madman4570 »

With all the advancements in technology especially as of late----(I finally went with a Professional Burg/Cam system.
Checked around to fine the best local company that does the stores/banks/schools etc.)
Went both hard line/cellular combo-----so it cannot be halted. I was very impressed that also even with hard line they now have the technology if any wire is cut----------------it still trips(but also went with cellular,just in case)

The security cam system is like what is used in the Stores/Banks/Schools. Unreal-----and you can be notified from anywhere in the country(world :lol:)for intrusion.

I picked the highest output (45 watt)Siren available that is installed WAY UP HIGH-----and sounds like the Fire Dept siren on steroids.
Got dual Key Fobs----and it can be armed/disarmed from 400ft away(cool if you start down driveway and think ???)did I arm it, just hit
(ARM)button.
It has -----say the wife is coming up driveway something is really weird-----she can hit the Fob to send 911 silent or hit tab for 911(and with LOUD outside Alarm) even if somehow though not exposed the wire to alarm is cut---------------------------It has a 3 day battery backup that trips it! :wink: plus they gotta scale a 30ft non-climbable peak.(can't be touched from roof)---they actually used a elevation bucket to install it.

Best investment I ever made.--------System I went with you buy your stuff(2 year warrantyon everything )not cheap, they service on site same day and did I say that Siren is really LOUD------------------------Holy Cow(people living couple miles away gonna think its a tornado siren) :D

When they guys came up to install it my 122lb pooch met them on his double layered chain at leash end(snorting/kicking sod up with all four feet/actually having snot come out his nose(and mouth with grass clippings showing) :lol:
Normally not hardly ever chained up, but had to have working area all secure from doggy!
The guys said------------------------------Sir,you don't need no alarm system. :shock:

Any of you all put in one?????????? What type ???????????
Last edited by madman4570 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Burglar systems (took the plunge)

Post by Blaine »

It's sad you need that....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

madman4570 wrote:When they guys came up to install it my 122lb pouch met them at leash end(snorting/kicking sod up with all four feet/actually having snot come out his nose(and mouth with grass clippings showing) :lol:
It is more effective if you feed them some red jello before company arrives... :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I've had one for years. Very basic but between the alarm and the dogs the rat -------s skipped my house and hit the neighbors.

Best part is the smoke alarm that feeds straight to the fire station. I live in a small town that has vol. firefighters.
the faster the signal the better chance you have. However the one time it did go off (from an overheated oven)
there were 9 guys in my front yard without a hose to be found. It was about 6 pm and they were all on there way home
from their various jobs and went straight to the scene. I asked the Chief if he wanted to use the hose around back.
Got a good laugh. :lol:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

BlaineG wrote:It's sad you need that....

Actually Blaine-------when we are home------------------no big deal---(me/guns/dogs)good to go----more for if gone or wife by her lonesome, however she has her own .40S&W carbine and is a good shot! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That's a nice one Madman. :D In addition to the electronic gizmos, I have lots of dogs and the best........nosey inlaws next door. They know when I'm coming down the driveway before I do!..........6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That's a nice one Madman. :D In addition to the electronic gizmos, I have lots of dogs and the best........nosey inlaws next door. They know when I'm coming down the driveway before I do!..........6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

We have a good system, but I opted out of the interior cameras - I did not want cameras inside my home that someone else has access to.

Our system has a heat sensor (and smoke detectors), so if the temperature drops, we get alerted. We had a breaker that would trip in the last place we were in and a couple times the heat shut down while we were out of state in the winter. That alarm system saved us a bunch of money . . .