Jeff Quinn gets Robbed on video!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Jeff Quinn gets Robbed on video!

Post by Tycer »

Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Jeff Quinn gets Robbed on video!

Post by jazman »

That was excellent, well worth the time to watch. No single shots for Jeff!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Well worth watching.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That was cool. Very informative. You just never know when or how something bad is going to go down.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

That first scenario surprised the heck out of me, considering he's been carrying since he was 19, and looks like a tough nut to crack.

Just goes to show, having a gun is just the beginning.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

That's the first one of the series I've seen. Jeff sparked my interest, but www.guntalk.tv got me there.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gundownunder wrote:
Just goes to show, having a gun is just the beginning.
Indeed!

Cool video Jeff!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Weapon retention is obviously pretty important - ask any LEO.

Great video, well worth watching. My thanks to Jeff and those who produced it.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Excellent video. Jeff was great! Absolutely amazing how just the simplest of training can both boost your confidence and increase your survivability!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I would like to see that run with the victim carrying a walking stick. Mine is substantial and it influenced one 'prospector' in DC who polled me for resistance and passed on. But it is untested in real life battle.

It is astonishing how few people actually carry a staff. It's the basic load, legal everywhere, and helps me get up when I fall...

Back to the scenario with Jeff, I would never put myself into that situation. If there is a crowd like that I go to the drive up window. When we use an ATM my wife goes and I remain in the car a few steps away with a 360 watch zone, ready to interdict if I have to.

Situational awareness is supposed to defuse that opportunity before it can go critical. I know that's a theory and not a law.

I would like to hear comments along these lines from the voices of experience.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That was good.

The bad guy would have never got that close to me. I always look around and as soon as ANYONE starts to get close to me and for no reason, I have the 'Smith in my hand and out of sight and yell, "Back the f off, now!" all the time looking at their hands and their eyes. You cannot be nice in the world today and if someone's feelings get hurt, oh well, next time they will give that individual their space

A few years back I was coming out of a hospital around midnight and this street person came walking up to me and that's just what I did. He said to me, "yo man, I was just gonna ask you for a light" I told him to FO.

This is the "condition" I am in while in public, around people I don't know. My eyes are always scanning everything with 2 legs. At gunshows, shooting matches, or in other "condition white" areas, about anyone could get the drop on me. :D --------------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I can't remember the last time I used a walk up ATM. Typically, I will use my debit card for a purchase, such as at a grocery store and take out any needed cash there. If I need more cash, I'll use a drive up.

Of course, I only give myself $20 a week "allowance". Hasn't changed in 25 years! :lol:

Seriously though, I do carry little cash with me, unless I am going to a gun show! Most every place takes a debit card, and since fewer cashiers can actually make change these days, I find it easier and faster.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

whats an ATM... :wink:
dont use them...beware of "skimmers"
they are mounted on the atm to extracts info from your card...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

In that situation I would have already had my gun IN HAND, and it would have been in my hand BEFORE I even walked up to the ATM. I would have had my card out in the other hand and wallet still in pocket. If it were dark and nobody near I would just have kept the gun hand against my body but more likely I would have just had a paper bag over it or a rag or old shirt or something over it.

Don't know if that would have "saved" me, but it is what I have always done in that kind of circumstance.

I used to have to walk home about a half mile through ghetto from a hospital pharmacy where I got off work around 2 am to my apartment, and though it was "against hospital policy" for anyone to be armed, and "concealed carry" was not then legal in Ohio, I always carried a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Special loaded with Silvertip hollowpoints on the way home (it stayed in an ankle holster when going to or being at work), inside a paper bag, with my index finger behind the trigger (so if I fell or something it would positively not go off). I held the bag over the gun with my thumb.

I only had to 'drop the bag' once, and it definitely was noticed by three young entrepreneurs who saw me and 'fanned out' to flank me on each side around 2:30 am; they decided to show their fancy knives to someone else instead of me I guess...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that...

To his credit, I'm seriously doubting your average ATM thug is going to quite so eager to immeditely grapple with you and he's probably going to be just as suprised at the introduction of a weapon. Won't comment on the woulda shouldas beyond that, just that those ranges favor melee weapons and hand to hand over a firearm by large margins. You absolutely need distance seperation or some sort of technique to screen the draw.

Good video. Kinda reeks of advertising spam and setup, but better than say, topshot.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just watched the 'home invasion' one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... lrGfhErqlg) and couldn't help but wonder if they'd ever have the balls to stage one like that where the home invaders were power-and-steroid-crazed Holy Drug Warriors with the wrong address, like in the thread a ways back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b4FWpvh ... video_user).

Would the homeowner get 'points' for allowing himself to get shot by the intruders, if 'reasonable negotiations' failed...? Or would he be judged by the ordinary standards of 'do what is reasonable and necessary to survive and protect your family'...? In that case, they'd be advocating a 'survival' strategy which would result in a lifetime in prison, as you can't just shoot an intruder who is coming at you with a gun. . . if it is a cop. . . :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Arm Chair Quarter Backing is easy....If I was a bad guy, I'd have the victim covered with my gun before I ever got close....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV