Is it just me???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Is it just me???

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Is it just me or is the forum unusually slow (as in the lack of many new posts) ???
Everyone must be laying in the shade?? :? :? :?
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Is it just me???

Post by O.S.O.K. »

We've all been watching the Zimmerman trial... waiting for the jury's verdict now and to see if the riots are going to start...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

O.S.O.K. wrote:We've all been watching the Zimmerman trial... waiting for the jury's verdict now and to see if the riots are going to start...
Not me. I've been working.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Maybe. Its easy for me to get tired of the S.O.S and I'll play with the shooting irons instead. Gonna see what I can get myself into this weekend that's worth getting excited about.

One thing for sure, I won't check back in Sunday with a post that reads, "How Often Do You Prune Your Bushes" :D -----------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Tryin' to hold up my end. :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Griff wrote:
O.S.O.K. wrote:We've all been watching the Zimmerman trial... waiting for the jury's verdict now and to see if the riots are going to start...
Not me. I've been working.

Same here. We've gotten B Slapped by Mother Nature for the last three weeks. Great for the reconstruction business but if I get another claim I'm gonna scream!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

OS - From the looks of your ladies, you are holding up pretty well! :D
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
1894c

Post by 1894c »

just been shooting .22cal leverguns at clay pigeons and soda cans (illegally) on Friday's--going to start loading for the late 70's Winchester 30/30...it's summer-time... :)
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Uhh, it's mid summer. Likely folks are on vacation.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Working way too much!

But that is better than not working at all!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Been too tired lately to spend much time on here after work. Work has been crazy busy, got 72.5 hours in over the last 6 days. Stinks for everything else, but the paychecks are nice.
NRA Life Member
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Sixgun wrote:Maybe. Its easy for me to get tired of the S.O.S and I'll play with the shooting irons instead. Gonna see what I can get myself into this weekend that's worth getting excited about.

One thing for sure, I won't check back in Sunday with a post that reads, "How Often Do You Prune Your Bushes" :D -----------6
Now wait a minute. How often DO you prune your bushes? Too hot to shoot, so might as well prune the bushes!
Have you hugged your rifle today?
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

too hot to go to the range here - time to go to the river
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I might be guilty as charged: started picking up some tree-cutting contracts last March, been busy ever since. Something about slaying juniper trees with a chainsaw that must satisfy the same urge as massacring tin cans with the old lever, so haven't been doing much of the latter. I'm sure the State Forestry folks are about to issue a high-fire-danger shutdown notice any day now, though. That should shift my priorities back where they ought to be!

And I have some nifty "new" firearms to test out, too.

I've been lurking around here -- just haven't had anything to say.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

I'm doing a bunch of outdoor work too. Moving manure piles and clearing out the temporary attic in my shop so I can finish the ceiling.

Going to take delivery of a wood chipper next week and start trimming up junipers in earnest. Thinking of getting a new chainsaw too, my old Homelite is a pain in the neck, but I'm really too cheap to abandon a tool I can work with. Maybe the excuse will be to get a little saw that my wife will use :mrgreen: --- the chipper was her idea, she finally talked me into it.

We've finally gotten enough rain around here that I might trim up some pinons too. If I do it in the fire season -- when I'm thinking of it and its really dry -- they tend not to run enough sap to scab over the cut. Killed half a dozen before I figured that out.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Summertime blues --- I try to stay somewhat fit, but its so blinking hot outside by about noon that the day is essentially over for me

I have been tinkering with off-road motorcycle racing for awhile-- i usually practice in the morning before it gets too hot -- this morning i had a mechanical failure -- as i was driving home i thought to myself --- "Well, i have a recent purchase 30-06 to sight in and a few pistols - maybe some range time would be good !" --- then my little truck started getting hot and i said heck with it

I started watching Bogie's "The African Queen" yesterday , so i guess i will wrap that up today ------- i was prompted to watch it when i watched the Eastwood flick, "White Hunter, Black HEart" - which is said to be based on John Huston's trip to Africa to make that picture ---- life could be worse i guess
----- Doug
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

For some of us it's work, work, WORK this weekend! A Pacific crossing yesterday, another tonight, in the mean time it's drudgery at whatever roadside hotel they put us up in. I tell ya it's ROUGH! :shock: But someone's gotta keep the economy percolating. I'm just doing my part.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go over to Kalapaki Joe's and get a Kalua pork sammich. (Can't even eat right on the road. It's terrible... :twisted: )
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Oly as Doc said to Wyatt in Tombstone - you're an oak! :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My wife is grilling baby back ribs so maybe I should go put on my BBQ guns

After all, Coach Kelly stirred nary a soul in the summer heat. :)

Did have an interesting discussion with Ms Boots regarding photography. Told her I would find the picture of Blaine (Tubby) in a tux.

We were talking Ruger 45s before that.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well by golly, here she is

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Is it just me or is the forum unusually slow (as in the lack of many new posts) ???
Everyone must be laying in the shade?? :? :? :?
Most of the boards are pretty quiet right now.
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

I don't post often, just "lurk" most of the time. However work has kept me pretty strapped for time to even do that lately.
jcw
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jcw »

60+ hr. work weeks. Thats on the clock time. Doesn't leave much time for the fun stuff let alone getting on the computer.
jruppert2
Levergunner

Post by jruppert2 »

I never post either. Just "lurk" for all the good information on this site. But I have noticed a slowdown in posting also. I assumed it was because of the ammo prices and supplies. Therefore people just aren't shooting as much and thus don't have as much to write about.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I'm organizing and cleaning - tossing out 3 old computers and related old parts - spring cleaning a little late. Place is a mess.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You know me...I'm just naturally quiet and laid back.... :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

:o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Old Savage wrote::o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D
Or not.
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Is that peaches and cream? mmmmmmmmm
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

It's that time of the year.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

No double standard. I just didn't see the other post until just now. This one was flagged. I had to go look for the other. And I will edit any future posts of the same nature so long as I'm aware of t. Lets follow the standards set forth and be gentleman about it
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Just checking on O.S's wellbeing. You OK O.S.? I see you took quite a jab to your chest in that one pic. :D ----------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks Six - recovering just fine. Hope she gets chosen for the amazing race.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Mike - I let the lovely lady know that you deemed her garb not fit for family viewing on prime time. I think she may have been a bit taken aback with humor. Now these were tops she wore at family events like picnics at a backyard pool etc, a fine Hispanic family. In the So Cal Hispanic community that would not be at all unusual. So - maybe the judgement may have been a bit culturalist or racist if you like. She was interested in the perception of the colors. So maybe, you are maybe not the best person to be engaging other cultures in missionary work with this attitude. Who made you a judge? - where is that written or Is it just that in northeast Pennsylvania you just do not see such fashion? :)

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Old Savage wrote:Well Mike - I let the lovely lady know that you deemed her garb not fit for family viewing on prime time. I think she may have been a bit taken aback with humor. Now these were tops she wore at family events like picnics at a backyard pool etc, a fine Hispanic family. In the So Cal Hispanic community that would not be at all unusual. So - maybe the judgement may have been a bit culturalist or racist if you like. She was interested in the perception of the colors. So maybe, you are maybe not the best person to be engaging other cultures in missionary work with this attitude. Who made you a judge? - where is that written or Is it just that in northeast Pennsylvania you just do not see such fashion? :)
I guess the request to be a gentleman about it fell on deaf ears. As a former forum Sysop/Moderator I know how thankless and un-fun the job can be, and it's the very few people who like to test the limits and/or complain about the Moderators doing their job that makes it tedious. This forum is better than most, but even here I've seen a few people ride Hobie and all of the Moderators for doing their jobs and it's ridiculous because THEM doing the job of the "green guy" is part of what makes this forum not like the rest of the internet cesspool or the wasteland of pop culture we are inundated with. I think a few more thank yous to the Moderators and few less complaints are in order, but that's just my 2¢.
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OK, so to is the ease of the moderators that is the issue. :)

Now you know Oly, and you know I love you!!!! You live in a very structured world that you think is Reality!!! :)

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well OK, I'm an administrator on a board, and what was on display here in this thread and deemed in appropriate as its' a "family" forum, is laughable. Turn on to any network primetime tv series, and "family's" will see worse, and for god sakes keep the tv turned off during the day time tv shows... :roll: darn sure don't let them watch anything on most of the "kid programming" ....
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Last edited by cshold on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:roll: Righteous indignation can be worse than going the other way.
My god whats next, have to dump a picture of a woman holding a gun because her arms were exposed and her hand ungloved?
For crimeny sakes don't let their ankles show in a picture, and if someone post a picture of a crowd of shooters at an organized event, probably better make sure there's no females in shorts and tank tops... The men all need to have their sleeves rolled down, collars buttoned and hats pulled low....
Don't know who the freak was that complained about the pictures, but this isn't the first time it's happened, and I'm thinking maybe the complainer needs to learn to don't look (see the little icon on the main board that indicates there's a picture) , or find someplace else to go.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Don McDowell wrote::roll: Righteous indignation can be worse than going the other way.
My god whats next, have to dump a picture of a woman holding a gun because her arms were exposed and her hand ungloved?
For crimeny sakes don't let their ankles show in a picture, and if someone post a picture of a crowd of shooters at an organized event, probably better make sure there's no females in shorts and tank tops... The men all need to have their sleeves rolled down, collars buttoned and hats pulled low....
Don't know who the freak was that complained about the pictures, but this isn't the first time it's happened, and I'm thinking maybe the complainer needs to learn to don't look (see the little icon on the main board that indicates there's a picture) , or find someplace else to go.
It's funny that modern America has adopted the ancient reductio ad absurdum tactic for every "dialoge", everywhere, all the time. Yes, maximum eye rolling, arm waiving and raised voices are right here in Aisle 1 - first shelf! Thoughtful and gentlemanly acceptance of others sensibilities, especially when they're rooted in conservative values, are in the back on the discount shelf, marked down as "spoiled" for immediate clear out. :lol:
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Oly did you save a copy of those pictures to your files before you had a snit about them?

Might be in the future when you see a thread with the paper clip on it, understand there's a picture there and my gosh there might be some uncovered flesh...