New Browning BL 22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
trooper joe
Levergunner 2.0

New Browning BL 22

Post by trooper joe »

Finally picked up a new Browning BL 22. Been looking at used ones off and on for years (ranged from about $350 to $450 and usually had a nick or two on them)..

Paid $570 for a new, grade 1, 20 barrel model last Friday.

Took it out to day and it is absolutely perfect. Feeds .22 LR and .22 Short with no problem. Was hitting a can from 10 yards out to about 30 yards, every time. This is with open sights and a wrinkled retina in my shooting eye.

I buy a lot of guns and am really sick about sending them back during the first week of ownership (currently a Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper and a Bersa CC .380, are both back for repairs, and both are about a week old.).

Again, the Browning BL 22 seems to be perfect (knock on wood) and I am real happy with it.

Trooper Joe

http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... 24&tid=100
Trooper Joe
1894c

Re: New Browning BL 22

Post by 1894c »

The Browning BL-22 is a great levergun, accurate (clays at 70 yds), reliable, balanced...good choice...I owned one for three years, probably shot over 4,000+ rnds through it...unfortunately i bought a Henry H001 as a second .22 levergun and enjoyed the Henry so much that I sold the BL-22 and bought another Henry H001L (carbine w/ the big-loop) .

what I liked about the Henry was their smooth action, open sights, and the full-length lever-stroke compared to Browning's short-stroke, the Henry reminds me more of the Winchesters that I hunt with, that's what did it for me, it was just a personal decision. enjoy the BL-22 they're well made and will serve you for many years--congrats... :)

PS-- I had to send my Ruger Bearcat back for repair too...the barrel and cylinder
did not align properly so that it split a bullet when fired, which hit my buddy in the side
needless to say when I received the Bearcat back from repair i traded it off.
North Country Gal
Levergunner 2.0

Re: New Browning BL 22

Post by North Country Gal »

My BL-22 is a Grade 11 made in 1971 and I love it. Beautifully made little gem that is almost insanely fun to shoot. You chose, well. Mine also likes 22 CB/Shorts.