Let's NOT Make This About Politics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Let's NOT Make This About Politics

Post by Griff »

Regardless of where you fall on this issue, it seems worthy of note:
Jane Fonda Learned ‘Empathy is Revolutionary’ From Vietnam Vets wrote:Jane Fonda tells Oprah that thing she did in North Vietnam was an “unforgivable mistake” and talks about what she learned when she apologized to a group of Vietnam Veterans...
Link to the full story is in top of quote box.

She's correct, her actions in North Vietnam were "unforgiveable". Possibly explainable by her youth, idealism, and a lack of touch with reality, (a product of her upbringing... maybe?), but for the vast majority of Vietnam Vets, still unforgiveable. Since she acknowledges it was unforgiveable, maybe she understands that she won't be. However, hopeful she may desire to be. I will, however, acknowlege she's apologized, and pray for her. As for the rest, yes I'll accept that youth and idealism fade, and acts of such become crosses one bears into adulthood. But she still suffers from being out of touch with the real America... as are many of those amongst her contemporaries...

The above are my sentiments, and you may feel free to agree, or not... as you feel.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1894c

Re: Let's NOT Make This About Politics

Post by 1894c »

it is always a good thing when someone can realize that an act that they did was hurtful and later on publically apologize for said action...good for Ms. Fonda... :)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nope, can't cut her any slack.....I'm glad she's sorry, because she should be :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

Griff,
That is one of the most well written comments on that topic I've read. I tend to agree with a lot of what you said.
HOWEVER....as to Fonda...any statement of regret she makes NOW rings hollow unless she is making it after her release from a Federal prison where she spent the last 40 yrs serving out a sentence for sedition.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

No different than the 'well-meaning' LibTards who support 'gun control' - their stupidity leads to thousands of lost lives every day around the world, and while I applaud their change-of-mind when they finally take an honest look at the utter failure and danger of their symbolic 'gun control' laws, I cannot forgive them for all the innocent lives lost.

The children of Sandy Hook were killed in one of the most horrible ways possible, DUE TO those kinds of people and their naive support of "gun free zones". It's one thing to be stupid, but if they have to be stupid, then they should just keep their mouths shut, not start lobbying for feel-good laws which put their warm-fuzzies as a higher priority than the lives of innocents. :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

The birth of narcissism in our society.

The truly sad thing is, our complete media has followed her lead.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Mistake? Forgetting to carry the 1 is a mistake. Collaborating with the enemy of your country is treason. Is there a statute of limitations on treason? Her words mean nothing.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

She got the "unforgiveable" part right.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Based on other things she's said I just don't believe that she's truly remorseful. In fact, she's reiterated her views, what she 'regrets' is how she expressed them. IIRC, in one statement she regretted the act because it worked against promotion of her views with veterans and serving military. IOW it wasn't subversive enough because of how it was publicized/perceived in the military community. You could say that she regrets her marketing mistake, not her product.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

sore shoulder and Hobie pretty well nailed it.
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Even if she's sorry, scriptures say "You reap what you sow", and you're forgiven meaning to me that even though your sins are forgiven, you gotta take responsibility for your actions. I forgive her, but that won't stop me from despising her...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Besides, isn't it a little late for this? The Secretary of State job has already been filled.
Slow is just slow.
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Treason is the only crime listed in the Constitution.

There is no time limit and it's still a capital crime.

She should be shot. Preferably, repeatedly, with a small caliber, so it hurts longer.....
44-40 Willy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I'm not buying her story other that she's right that it's unforgivable.
44-40 Winchester. Whacking varmits and putting meat on the table since 1873.
Washita
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Washita »

I think the only thing she regrets is that so many despise her for it. I've not seen a scintilla of evidence that her politics and anti-Americanism have changed. She'll always be Hanoi Jane to me.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

MrMurphy wrote:Treason is the only crime listed in the Constitution.

She should be shot. Preferably, repeatedly, with a small caliber, so it hurts longer.....

+1
NRA Life Member
Warren Pease
Levergunner

Post by Warren Pease »

Sorry Jane. You're dead to me.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

and lets not forget that the current secretary of state JOhn 'purple hearts' Kerry acted nearly as badly [ perhaps worse considering he wore the uniform ] and still hasnt acknowledged or apologized and now disgracefully and incompetently represents us in the eyes of the world!

Holt Cow! i just cant think about this any more.
cable
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

She apologized, what a sorry P.O.S. Too bad she didn't get treated 1/2 badly as the Viet Nam vets did when they came back.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Get a rope!!! :x
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Get a rope!!! :x
+1

Chuck, this was my first thought when I read the OP. But, we don't hang traitors anymore, it's not politically correct.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineG wrote:Nope, can't cut her any slack.....I'm glad she's sorry, because she should be :evil:
Agreed. She will always be a traitor in my book.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Is, was & always will be a dirt bag.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

What I see is someone (who is wholly unimportant to society in general and life as a given) making an excuse and adding a mea-culpa as an afterthought for being and acting like a spoiled punk kid and doing something that spoiled punk kids do, which is spit in the eye of authority and the establishment.

She was noticed because she had a bigger spot-light.

Veterans are popular in the public eye right now, and it's a big ticket punch on the PC Star-Card to say things like "I support the troops."

She doesn't give a rat's azz about veterans, especially old veterans. She wants to hitch her star to something that the public is interested in so that she can stand in the spot-light once again.

:lol:
Last edited by FWiedner on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

FWiedner wrote:What I see is someone (who is wholly unimportant to society in general and life as a given) making an excuse and adding a mea-cupla as an afterthought for being and acting like a spoiled punk kid and doing something that spoliled punk kids do, which is spit in the eye of authority and the establishment.

Veterans are popular in the public eye right now, and it's a big ticket punch on the PC Star-Card to say things like "I support the troops."

She doesn't give a rat's azz about veterans, especially old veterans. She wants to hitch her star to something that the public is interested in so that she can stand in the spot-light once again.

Very, very well said.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

damienph wrote:
FWiedner wrote:What I see is someone (who is wholly unimportant to society in general and life as a given) making an excuse and adding a mea-cupla as an afterthought for being and acting like a spoiled punk kid and doing something that spoliled punk kids do, which is spit in the eye of authority and the establishment.

Very, very well said.

yes, if i wasnt so mad , i might have said the same! 8)
cable
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Chris83716 »

MrMurphy wrote:Treason is the only crime listed in the Constitution.

I would be happy to supply the 22LR for that sentence.

Chris
J Buck
Levergunner

Post by J Buck »

I was'nt there. Born in '63. But, my brother was in '66. I got nothing for her. I won't have anything to do with anything she is a part of. And gentleman, thank you for your service to this country.
"When you should shoot, shoot. Don't talk."- Tuco
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

I just read on Fox News that Hanoi Jane is in an upcoming movie entitled THE BUTLER where she plays .... Wait for it... Nancy Reagan! Some veteran group is trying to drum up support for a national boycott of the film. Jane's response when told of this was to say that the organizers should "GET A LIFE". Does it sound like Janie is truly sorry?

Bob in Friday Harbor
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige