Mossberg 464-future deer slayer!?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Treeman72
Levergunner 2.0

Mossberg 464-future deer slayer!?

Post by Treeman72 »

I want to thank everyone who gave me advice and ideas for my Mossberg 464 30-30. Well, let's get the bad news out of the way. The see-thru rings from Kwik-Site do make looking through the scope a little more awkward than lower profile mounts would. However, being 6'4" and having a large cranium, it takes only a mild raising of my chin to get a clear sight picture through the scope. The view of the iron sights is superb, as I had hoped. With a little practice, I hope it becomes second nature, otherwise I gotta snag a weaver 403 base and some regular rings.
100_3163 (600x800).jpg
There it is! The scope is a Leupold VX-2 2-7x. My eyes aren't getting any better, and many of the posts supported 2-7 magnification.

Thanks again, happy levergun mania folks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Mossberg 464-future deer slayer!?

Post by Blaine »

May you harvest huge poundage of sausage, roasts, and jerky.....(When you get tired of those crazy mounts...get a Quick Release setup, and you can take off and put on your scope to your heart's content without moving the POI significantly :idea: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

BlaineG wrote:May you harvest huge poundage of sausage, roasts, and jerky.....(When you get tired of those crazy mounts...get a Quick Release setup, and you can take off and put on your scope to your heart's content without moving the POI significantly :idea: )
Dear Sir, what is this quick release setup you mention? Might you have an example to link? :?:
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Oy Vey!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Panzercat wrote:
BlaineG wrote:May you harvest huge poundage of sausage, roasts, and jerky.....(When you get tired of those crazy mounts...get a Quick Release setup, and you can take off and put on your scope to your heart's content without moving the POI significantly :idea: )
Dear Sir, what is this quick release setup you mention? Might you have an example to link? :?:

Picatinny rails are a good idea, but they work on lots of set ups...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, most folks new to riflery, take to gimmicks like see-through rings like a duck to water - after all, it LOOKS like it'd be the ideal setup.

It's only after they tire of getting b**ch-slapped for awhile by the buttstock because they're raising their heads to see through the scope, that they "see the light", and realize that for those few time iron sights are called for, it's usually known waaay ahead of time, and are much better off with the scope removed from the rifle.

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

thats a good looking mossberg!
good luck with it!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

Mossberg 30-30 is a KEEPER!

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!