Cabela's Had A Bunch Of EBRs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Cabela's Had A Bunch Of EBRs

Post by Blaine »

I wish I could tell you what kind, etc, but they all had Eotec(sp?) Holo sights on them....anyplace between 12, and 1600 bucks....This is the Lacy, WA store if you want to try for one of them.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Cabela's Had A Bunch Of EBRs

Post by FWiedner »

BlaineG wrote:... anyplace between 12, and 1600 bucks...
Uh... No thanks...

:shock:

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The point isn't the price, it's the availability. They had been out of EBRs for months.... :wink: Maybe supply is catching up finally.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

BlaineG wrote:The point isn't the price, it's the availability. They had been out of EBRs for months.... :wink: Maybe supply is catching up finally.

Yeah I got that, but something that is prohibitively exspensive or unaffordable isn't really any more available than something that's not actually there.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:
BlaineG wrote:The point isn't the price, it's the availability. They had been out of EBRs for months.... :wink: Maybe supply is catching up finally.

Yeah I got that, but something that is prohibitively exspensive or unaffordable isn't really any more available than something that's not actually there.

:)
Sure it is..... It depends on how you arrange your priorities.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Maybe the big rush is slowing down. I am hoping loading supply's will do the same, not that I am hurting
As far as EBR`s go, I think they are a waste of rack space, materials and time.

Glen beck had a big discussion today about SALT rifles and how too much salt is bad for you.
Also magazines with more than 10 pages (excluding the cover) are now to be considered High capacity magazines. BAD !!! :lol:
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I stopped by two Walmarts in my travels today looking for 22 ammo. Both had 1 Bushmaster 16" barrel basic AR in for $947. The one store the guy next to me looking at it and saying he would take. The lady behind the counter said "didn't I sell you one 2 weeks ago." He replied ," Yes this is my third one. " I find it humorus that one would spend three grand on three basic AR's . Where is the fun in that.

My friend's gunshop has gotten calls from people this last week trying to sell NIB AR 's for $1200. So AR's are starting to show more. My friend of coarse wasn't interested at that price. Another gunshop i stopped by had 2 DPMS's that he had on gunbroker for $1100 and got no bids on them.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It will settle down.....Ask how the Hunt Brothers did amassing silver for profit :lol:
Assuming I wanted an EBR, which I don't, I wouldn't pay a buck a round or more to shoot them.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

$947 is over $100 below list, pre-panic priced, and about right for a Bushmaster that's milspec meaning chrome lined, 1/7 twist, A2 sights, chrome lined bolt thats MP tested and properly staked etc. A DPMS plinker may look just like it, but it isn't on the inside where it counts. If none of those things matter to you, then by all means buy a $750 DPMS, but you won't be getting the same thing as that Bushy, not even close. It's well worth $947.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

I was in my local small shop today, he hadn't had .223s for quite awhile. He had what I'd guess was 30 or 40 cases of 1000 rds (50 boxes) of PMCs for $599, or $12.99 per single box. Also had Remington/UMC at $12.99 a box. CCI Mini-Mag .22s at $15.99 per box of 100. Nobody grabbing any of it that I saw. Maybe it is loosening up some.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

we're all BROKE...i think many spent at least 3 years worth of "gun allowance"... :(
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

30wcf wrote:we're all BROKE...i think many spent at least 3 years worth of "gun allowance"... :(

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing. When all this stuff started to hit the fan, I was watching guys buying a half dozen Colt AR's at the same time, silently laughing that most of these guns will be back on the market in several months to a year at a pre-crazy price. The guys who got in the game real early and sold at the peak did OK.
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Sixgun wrote:
30wcf wrote:we're all BROKE...i think many spent at least 3 years worth of "gun allowance"... :(

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing. When all this stuff started to hit the fan, I was watching guys buying a half dozen Colt AR's at the same time, silently laughing that most of these guns will be back on the market in several months to a year at a pre-crazy price. The guys who got in the game real early and sold at the peak did OK.
Yep, and based on the prices Blaine mentioned, if you subtract even the least expensive Eotech from those prices, you are right back to pre-panic. I was one of those who capitalized on the panic, and when it settles down I'll replace the stuff I sold. I'm already seeing lowers show up, albeit at ridiculous prices like $189 for a stripped.

I think you are right and a lot of those will end up back on the market, and it's slowing down because people just don't have the money to keep up the buying frenzy.

When I see xm193 and m855/ss109 back in stock for below 0.40 a round I'll relax a bit.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30