Redding, CA Lions Club Gun Show March 2-3, 2013

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Redding, CA Lions Club Gun Show March 2-3, 2013

Post by Shasta »

Just a heads-up to those who may be interested in a really good far-northern California gun show- The annual Redding Breakfast Lions Club's Guns, Antiques, & Collectibles Show is coming March 2-3, 2013. There is a true gun show on the bottom floor, no beef jerky vendors, and all the "antiques" vendors so interesting to the ladies are upstairs on a separate level, so a real gun guy can see a couple hundred tables, both displays and for sale items, including plenty of leverguns, without having to sort through a bunch of flea sale stuff! It's open Saturday 9-5 & Sunday 9-4 with a donation of $6 at the door.

Special note to Perry- Betty Marx will be there with her vast assortment of gun parts; I'm hoping she brings some more levergun parts for us to snoop through! :lol: :lol:

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Redding, CA Lions Club Gun Show March 2-3, 2013

Post by pwl44m »

I Must Mark My Calender. Thx for the heads up Shasta. I spent about 2 hours at Betty's table last time.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Assuming since the show is in CA all California laws and regulations will apply? I haven't been to a gun show in CA since the early 70s and would like to take a trip and stop at the Redding show, but if I purchased a gun, would I have to wait 10 days to take possession?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

mikld wrote:Assuming since the show is in CA all California laws and regulations will apply? I haven't been to a gun show in CA since the early 70s and would like to take a trip and stop at the Redding show, but if I purchased a gun, would I have to wait 10 days to take possession?
Depends on what Gun and from Whom U make Ur purchase. :roll: :arrow:
perry
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

mikld wrote:Assuming since the show is in CA all California laws and regulations will apply? I haven't been to a gun show in CA since the early 70s and would like to take a trip and stop at the Redding show, but if I purchased a gun, would I have to wait 10 days to take possession?
The short answer is "Yes, all California Laws apply."

If you have an FFL, or know a dealer who can provide one, all firearms can be legally transferred from one dealer to another, with appropriate fees. Each gun show is required to have a dealer present to handle sales and transfers of firearms. They normally charge a $35 fee per transaction. As a non-resident, you would probably have to arrange shipping from the gun show dealer's business to your local FFL's business, at which time your local laws would apply.

On the other hand, legally owned antique long guns over 50 years old can be transferred between private parties without going through a dealer, but all handguns other than airguns, muzzle loaders, or cap & ball, regardless of age, must go through a dealer. If a long gun is being sold by a dealer as part of his inventory and not a personally owned firearm, the transfer must go through an FFL. If there is any question about the legality of a sale, the licensed FFL dealer they have at this show is usually able to answer any questions.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Well now...a reason to visit Redding other than stopping for gas on my way to Whiskeytown Lake. :)
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

stew71 wrote:Well now...a reason to visit Redding other than stopping for gas on my way to Whiskeytown Lake. :)
Are You saying that U are going ? Would love to try and arrange a meeting.
Perry
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

So, if I find a gun to purchase I'll have to pay for an FFL holder to transfer the gun to another FFL in Oregon, and pay both for their services and shipping...

No thanks, I'll wait for a show in Oregon.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...