OK, Here's Blaines/Tubbies "NEW" Mountie

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

OK, Here's Blaines/Tubbies "NEW" Mountie

Post by jdad »

Just to keep everyone envious of him..... :D

I included an original hang tag, with the rifle.

Last edited by jdad on Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm officially jealous. My 1956 Mountie is nowhere near that nice. I like, too, that you have good taste in sighting equipment! :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I don't know why anyone would part with that, but I do know that T is very glad to have it. Can't wait to see it..,

Grizz
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Grizz,
I enjoy a rifle for a while, then pass it off to someone else to enjoy.

I only have an "emotional" attachment to 3 rifles. My first rifle (336), my first .22 (an early CZ452 LUX), and a 44mag Henry Big Boy that my son won at an NRA dinner.
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

The wood does have some nice grain in it. And good on you jdad for giving someone here a chance at it. If I didn't already have one, I know I'd have taken it.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Jdad,

My bad if I sounded like I was chastizing you, I was more complimenting the gun, it's a fine piece of history. I'm glad it worked out for both you and Blaine. I know he's really going to appreciate having it. I bet he never goes out without it.

Regards,

Grizz
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

No offense taken Grizz. People think I'm nuts to part with my rifles, but I'm really just a "shooter of vintage collectibles" who likes to enjoy the history and workmanship and then try something else. I'm like the guy who buys a new car every year......not because he needs it, but because it's fun. 8)
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Very nice!

At the last show, a walk-in was toting around a 1954 Mountie, pre-MicroGroove. Not quite as nice as your gun, but I sure wanted to have it. He was asking $425, but I know he would have come down. He asked me if that was a fair price and I thought given the vintage of the rifle, it was and told him so. When he found out it was so old, he said "Maybe I ought to just keep it, then!" I told him he should, and he evidently did.

Had he said $325, I wouldn't have been so altruistic about him keeping his fine old gun. It would be home with me, now. :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Officially jealous it is! Congrats guys!!! :D

Steve, had you brought that home, you'd be in trouble!!! :wink: You're supposed to be in the selling-mode, not the buying-mode!
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Officially jealous it is! Congrats guys!!! :D

Steve, had you brought that home, you'd be in trouble!!! :wink: You're supposed to be in the selling-mode, not the buying-mode!
I know! But, if I could have gotten it for south of $350, I could have sold my other Mountie and it been a break-even deal. At least, that is what I was telling myself! :D

I THINK I have most of the baby selling done, if I can get these last couple pieces gone. That doesn't mean there might not be more, but it looks like we are almost set for the time being. Whew!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

cubrock wrote:

I know! But, if I could have gotten it for south of $350, I could have sold my other Mountie and it been a break-even deal. At least, that is what I was telling myself! :D

I THINK I have most of the baby selling done, if I can get these last couple pieces gone. That doesn't mean there might not be more, but it looks like we are almost set for the time being. Whew!
That's good to hear - you were getting me worried. You could always tell your wife your just picking up pieces to set aside for your newborn! :wink:
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
cubrock wrote:

That's good to hear - you were getting me worried. You could always tell your wife your just picking up pieces to set aside for your newborn! :wink:

I already have a 39A set aside for the new baby - and each of the other three! I'll make levergunners out of 'em all! :D
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

:roll: My daughter lost interest in firearms....I hope I get a grandson to pass this stuff on to :wink:
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba wrote::roll: My daughter lost interest in firearms....I hope I get a grandson to pass this stuff on to :wink:
T3 - you can always adopt me? :wink:

Heck, if I was 20 years younger, and single, I know I'd be hanging around your place. I remember the pictures of your daughter's wedding. She's stunning!

That's why I'm so luck now. I married a beautiful woman and my father-in-law loves guns. Life is good! :D
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

She's stunning!
:shock: Thank goodness she took after me :wink:
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba wrote:
She's stunning!
:shock: Thank goodness she took after me :wink:
I bet she did! :wink:

Got any more at home? My son's only 9, and my daughter is 5, but I'm already thinking arranged marriages are the way to go! :wink: