A USFA Lightning on Gunbroker...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

A USFA Lightning on Gunbroker...

Post by Hobie »

A USFA Lightning which you don't often see, much less often for sale. This is a .45 Colt. I'd have thought that a .44 WCF would be preferable but what do I know. Pretty neat and a reasonable price, at least right now.

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Re: A USFA Lightning on Gunbroker...

Post by smokenrust »

Thats a nice gun...
I imagine this will be a collector gun in fifty years... :roll: probably a collector gun now... :shock: :lol:
Specially when the manufactor has quit as I heard... to bad, the iron they produced really looked good. :(
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I had one of those for awhile. It was a .45 Colt with a 26" octagon barrel. It didn't qualify as an NRA Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette rifle, so I sold it for $1200. It was an extremely well-made rifle, but a little finicky to load. You had to push the round down and forward with some force to fill the magazine tube. Also, the cases and chamber really got sooted up when I shot it with black powder loads.

I think if it had been in .44-40 I would have kept it.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I had always hoper for USFA to make the 22 Lightning again. Probably not gonna happen now.