Always carry a gun. Always -- & another reason to do so.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Always carry a gun. Always -- & another reason to do so.

Post by Ray Newman »

Man Pummeled With Baseball Bat Over $1 Bill In Random Attack

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Central Florida man was ambushed and beaten with an aluminum baseball bat for a $1 bill in a random attack at a busy gas station.

Investigators said three men approached Nate Curtis at a Hess station gas station pump located on South Goldenrod Road in Orange County and wanted money.

"They asked me for a dollar and I said, 'I don't have a dollar,'" Curtis said. "Then, I was putting my wallet away and one of them had a baseball bat and hit me across the head. Another guy came out of nowhere and poured beer in my eyes and that was it, I couldn't see because my eyes were burning."

Curtis was then beaten by the men.

"I have two fractures in my jaw, a fractured cheek bone and stitches in my chin," Curtis said.

Detectives said Curtis was randomly targeted. "These guys can victimize you just as easily as they did this gentleman," Orange ounty sheriff's Detective Jason Sams said.

"It makes me sick that people are out there and like that," Curtis said. "The should be behind bars. They shouldn't be allowed out among people who just want to mind their own business and be in peace."
Curtis said the men were parked at the pump and were just looking for someone to beat up.

Surveillance video captured one of the three men inside the store.
Anyone with information about the crime is urged to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

http://www.local6.com/news/15572104/detail.html
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Central Florida just gets better every day. We're in a race with the Tampa/Hillsboro area for the random violence crown. This is what happens when you don't have snow to keep the idiots inside smoking their crack during the Winter.

I really need to get my CCW permit. I've been putting it off for years. But since a local news station published the list with names and addresses a couple of years back, I think they've passed a law to keep it outside of public purview. Now might be the time to pull the trigger on that one.

Yeah, you heard right. They put the list in Microsoft Excel format on their website so if you were looking to steal a handgun, you had a list of the residences that would likely have them. Of course, it might also be considered a list of places not to rob while cars are in the driveway.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

My biggest problem is that most of the places I go won't allow me to carry. Work, any resturant that serves alcohol, and any Federal property being 3 of them. That leaves church.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

In North Carolina you can't carry in church. Or at least weddings and funerals.
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

The CCW permit laws have been watered down. In GA, we have "public gatherings" as a no carry zone. That would leave it up to the interpretation of law enforcement, judge, jury, etc.
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I guess I'm lucky. I can carry about anywhere except federal buildings & schools. Bars I think are a no no but I dont hang out in bars anymore anyway. To my knowledge restaurants are fine. Public gatherings seems to vague IMO. Never been told not to carry in church. Work can be tricky because I'm in construction but unless I have my tool belt on I'm packing most times & if I am wearing tools its locked in the truck.
My boss is fairly pro gun & just got his permit but I doubt he will carry much. CT's got to where you need a permit pretty much just to own a pistol.
If he got upset because I had a gun I guess I'd find another job. :wink:
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

I travel from state to state and find it hard to keep up with all the different restrictions. I hope that the laws can be standardized. With the way crime has increased I'm thinking of carrying all the time excluding Fed & State buildings, schools etc. and pray that I don't get caught.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Yup, always carry. But the gun should only be part of what an attacker will have to defend against.
Carry the will to counter-attack, have more than one weapon, be willing to defend aggressively.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Leverdude wrote: If he got upset because I had a gun I guess I'd find another job. :wink:
When I worked for an HMO and they wanted to fire me for averaging more than 6 minutes per patient, and not sticking to tests that insurance would pay for, I worried they'd use a 'no firearms' clause in the contract to fire me, especially since I had tried to have it removed due to the high number of nurses and other staff who carried firearms when working late shifts. (The elites left the passage on the books, and said they'd not enforce it for the doctors, as if that was a compromise - I guess a mere nurse's life isn't important.) Anyway, I just carried my real gun 'deeper' and an 8mm blank-firing replica of a Beretta 92 more accessably - if the management had ever come up telling me they knew I had a gun on, I'd just show them the blank gun and tell them it was all a bluff, and that I was really scared of real guns. :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Where I work, a fellow was fired for drawing a picture of a knife. Good paying jobs are nearly impossible to get down here.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~