Kittery Trading Post

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Kittery Trading Post

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I spent lot of ime there the last few days. They have some nice items their. A 3screw 357 BH, a newer Bearcat and a couple T/C barrels in 256WM. They also have a shiloh Sharps on there. Looks like it was abused a little by a "homesmith". Actually like the way they look. Never could warm up to them like a trapdoor tho.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Kittery Trading Post

Post by Blaine »

I dropped them a line for some pics of the Montana RoughRider....a quality EBR (exceptional buffalo rifle)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

The bearcat is made in 1970. Really has me thinking of selling a few things. Wanna buy 223 and 308 handirifle barrels? :P
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

I used to go there quite often when I did some contract work at York hospital. Since we lost the contract a couple of years ago I hardly go down there it's about 1.5 hour drive from my house. Since the new owners took over it a few years ago they did a nice large expansion and their gun room the way it's set up reminds me of Cables. My brother-in-law works there and he gets really good discounts on Filson clothing :D

Mainehunter :wink:
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

Maybe Ill head out there this weekend and take a look. I love the trapdoor I bought there.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

I was there a couple weeks ago, they had a great stock of both new & used.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

I try to stop there every time I work the Seabrook power plant. One year I came home with an 86 extra light barely used for $800. Another year I found a new BL-22 field grade, with the nickel receiver, well below retail. I like that they have a smith in the store to mount a scope while you wait.
Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

BlaineG wrote:I dropped them a line for some pics of the Montana RoughRider....a quality EBR (exceptional buffalo rifle)
Evidently, they don't want to sell it very bad.... :roll: :roll: Too busy gouging people for EBRs, no doubt :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

They've been having trouble with their auto reply. Call them on their 800 number and they'll accommodate you. Those Mainers have a dialect all their own, for example they have different business hours on Sundeee.

I'm a customer and yes, I have considered that Bearcat too. Instead of that I found a Ruger Vaquero there last week and it is chambered in 44-40. I have it in lock-up since it arrived at my dealers on Tuesday.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Steelbanger. Did you get to handle and inspect it? What did you think of it?

Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

3leg,

I haven't fired it yet and the only 44-40 ammo I have is loaded for a rifle and is a bit tight in the cylinder of this revolver. Kittery described the condition as 95% and I would say they're right on with that. There is only the slightest sign of bolt drag marks, no powder residue to be found anywhere on the frame or cylinder.

To me it looks unfired but won't be looking that way much longer.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

BlaineG wrote:
BlaineG wrote:I dropped them a line for some pics of the Montana RoughRider....a quality EBR (exceptional buffalo rifle)
Evidently, they don't want to sell it very bad.... :roll: :roll: Too busy gouging people for EBRs, no doubt :roll:
FWIW, I've been dealing with the gun folks at the KTP for about 30 years now, and have never found them to act in other than a fair & proper manner - in addition to giving a very decent value, especially on some of the used firearms, both when they buy & sell. (Yes, I've "unloaded" a few especially hard-to-sell guns there)