I applied for a job today...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BedroomHowitzer
Levergunner 1.0

I applied for a job today...

Post by BedroomHowitzer »

...as an Air Guard Technician. In August, I swore back into the military in the AF reserves and yesterday saw a job posting on USAJOBS dot com for an Air Guard Technician slot as a mechanic on F-16's. When I was on active duty 6 years ago that is what I did. Unfortunately, being in the National Guard is a requirement for the job I applied for. I would need a commander's approval for a conditional release to transfer to the guard before I could accept the position if it was offered. There are good and bad things with asking so soon. Obviously, the bad is I have only been in my unit for about 5 months. The good? The job I accepted to get into the Reserves was a C-130 mechanic (only as a reservist, no full-time), one that I am headed back to tech school for re-training because of the different airframe (required these days). I haven't left for school yet, nor do they have a date for me to leave either, so that money hasn't been invested in me yet. I would prefer the Guard job as it pays better and I wouldn't have to spend 5 months away from my wife and daughter. So I am sking for some prayers from those that do for this process. I am not sweating it because full time reserve slots come open every now and then and I could apply for those anytime, even while in school, but like I said, I would rather have a Guard position. Thanks in advance.
Non veniam in noctem nec tacitus. - I will not go quietly into the night
Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I applied for a job today...

Post by pwl44m »

U got it Howie (is it ok if I call U Howie), Prayers up for the best move in Ur life for Your Family. Thk You for Your service.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Good luck!!!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Prayers up!

The Bible says in Proverbs "the kings heart is in God's hand."
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Best of Luck and I think you timing was right.
It is not the critic who counts
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I hope it works out for the best possible outcome. (Though, a good man makes everything work out for the best :wink: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

prayers sent and Good luck!!!!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
444tsgt
Levergunner

Post by 444tsgt »

As an Air Guard technician myself, I will wish you good luck. I was in Avionics on C-130's until we lost them this year. I now have to go back to Tech School as well for a network Intel analyst. I sure will miss being an aircraft maintainer, but my new position is a pay raise, so it isn't all bad. No air reserve technician jobs in your current unit?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I dealt with a lot of such things in the Army Guard. The system and its operatives used to be very considerate of such as you and I would expect that. Move forward with confidence.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson