Gallery of Guns - What price?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Gallery of Guns - What price?

Post by Panzercat »

Haven't ever bought directly from a GoG dealer, so when I ask for a quote from the website, I get at least five prices and I'm not entirely sure which I'll be paying. For example:

YOUR PRICE: $606.51
Fees: $14.95
Taxes: $57.62
Total: $679.08
GOG Deposit: ($175.75)
Due at Pickup: $503.33

...So what's the freakin bottom line here? Due at pickup? Your price? This is probably easy, but I'm fairly perplexed atm. When I get to the store, what is going to let me walk out the door with the dern gun?
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Gallery of Guns - What price?

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Have a friend that just bought a Browning Pump thru Davidson's.....he received quotes from 5 different FFL's...the total price will be all the firearm priceplus all fees.....3 of the FFL's just wanted the deposit fee up front. He ended up buying from an FFL that wanted all funds up front....so when the shotgun came in all he did was fill out the paperwork...it did save him a little money but he could not find the shotgun on anyone's shelf......hope this helps.....

rick

ps your cost is 679.08 less the amount you put down
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Alright, that makes sense. Not so great pricing either.
Thanks ^.^
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Bud's is a lot cheaper on everything I've ever priced.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Panzercat. the price you pay is the total, they require the deposit(by credit card) before they ship the firearm, then you pay the balance to your dealer when you pickup your firearm. The $14.95 fee is shipping. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I find Davidson's pretty fair pricing. I imagine I could find it cheaper if I shopped hard. But I deal with the same Davidson's dealer and he gives great service and if he can, knocks a few bucks off at pick up time.
Don't discount the Davidsons guarantee--- they live it. I recieved a gun with bad finish and they replaced it with a new one in 2 days.
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

I would ask your dealer what the total price would be. You may be suprised. I bought a .44mag vaquero from Davidsons a couple years ago now. Davidsons said it was something like $750. When I talked to my dealer to order it they said it was only like $525 + a $25.00 transfer fee. The numbers may be off a bit, but it was simmilar at least. The point is I was kinda suprised. You may be to when you get a real price from the folks you buy from.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I always found Davidson's to be one of the higher priced distributors. Their warranty is excellent, but I'm sure their slightly higher prices helps cover any hassle the occur with their warranty policy.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

A local dealer here told me he had a regular customer that used to buy stuff thru GOG all the time. He would come in and would try to tell the guy he could get him a better price but the guy would always just shrug his shoulders that's OK.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I like Davidsons and their prices are better than Cabelas but
I will pay more to get a gun that is otherwise not available locally.
I have bought 4 guns through Gallery of Guns and none took over 3 working days to get to my hands.
+ they offer a lifetime warranty on them.(repair or replace)
:wink:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Panzercat wrote:Haven't ever bought directly from a GoG dealer, so when I ask for a quote from the website, I get at least five prices and I'm not entirely sure which I'll be paying. For example:

YOUR PRICE: $606.51
Fees: $14.95
Taxes: $57.62
Total: $679.08
GOG Deposit: ($175.75)
Due at Pickup: $503.33

...So what's the freakin bottom line here? Due at pickup? Your price? This is probably easy, but I'm fairly perplexed atm. When I get to the store, what is going to let me walk out the door with the dern gun?
When you get there; $503.33. When you place order on line;$175.75. Total; $679.08. I've purchased two guns through Davidsons and got good prices, for my area, and was able to get what I wanted without ordering through a local gun store (and wait 3 weeks). Gunshop still profited by my purchase, but it was much faster the a direct order from the LGS...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...