I've Been Bad .....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

I've Been Bad .....

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Re: I've Been Bad .....

Post by KirkD »

Beautiful 45 ..... I think that is their latest temptation. I have a Springfield Loaded that looks almost exactly like the bottom one in your photo. My problem is that my wife does all the books, so I can't get away with anything! Good luck keeping that one under cover.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice. Congrats
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you Steve!

It always makes me happy to hear that someone does the same things I do. I've hung out at the same gunshop since I was a kid. It's a one man, one room show and the owner is like a second father. He is famous for the "take it home and try it" play and I must say it's been very effective! I lugged home a Winchester 1300 20ga. youth last week because I bought one for my boy years ago and figured i should have another.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

KirkD wrote:Beautiful 45 ..... I think that is their latest temptation. I have a Springfield Loaded that looks almost exactly like the bottom one in your photo. My problem is that my wife does all the books, so I can't get away with anything! Good luck keeping that one under cover.
The difference between the RO and the Loaded is that the RO has an adjustable rear sight. I've had great luck with my Mil-Spec with over 900rds through it without a single failure! Pretty good for an out of the box 1911. Here's hoping that this new one is as reliable.
Steve
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hey, just tell the wife you're stocking up before the election, just in case.

Though I must admit my mind went somewhere else with the title. Years ago, there was a teen movie "My Chauffeur". Basic plot line is boy meets girl, girl and boy do what boys and girls do, then are told they are brother and sister. The female lead plaintiffly whine "We've been bad". But, it turns out well in the end, as the both sets of parents we're fooling around with each other (unbeknownst to the kids), and they turned out not to be blood relations. It's the old chauffeur that knew what was going on all the time.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

COOL !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Very nice Steve, grats.
I like my fully loaded a lot. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Next time pay cash and carry an empty handgun case under the seat. When you get home, just tell her you had some work done "on this old 1911".

I dug a secret 8" tunnel from the garage to the basement and just let 'em slip down onto a nice soft pad. :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

How good are You at Crying and making it look Real ? You could like lay there in Bed and start sobbing uncontrollably, course She is going to ask whats wrong then Spill Ur Guts.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

COSteve wrote:They do look alike, don't they?
About like a Ford Taurus and the SVO version look alike!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

COSteve wrote: What I was not prepared for was an impulse stop by the guys at Green Mountain Guns to say hi and just look .....
Yeah, impulse stops at shops to just say "Hi!" to the guys and look around usually don't work out real well for me either... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
1894c

Post by 1894c »

COSteve -- TELL IT TO THE JUDGE... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I just had a thought. My birthday is in 9 days and this year I'll be 65 so I could always claim insanity .....

No, I don't think that will work with her either. But what the heck, it was worth a try.

Say, do any of you out there have any good ideas to keep me from getting in real trouble here?
Steve
1894c

Post by 1894c »

COSteve wrote:I just had a thought. My birthday is in 9 days and this year I'll be 65 so I could always claim insanity .....

No, I don't think that will work with her either. But what the heck, it was worth a try.

Say, do any of you out there have any good ideas to keep me from getting in real trouble here?
there's always the old stand-bys--- "honey this is the last one--honest", or "it's for the children" ...i'm thinking Ballet (the perennial Christmas favorite--the Nut-Cracker as an example) or Opera, or simply a large sum of Cash at this point...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My wife understands "...it's a backup, in case my primary is broke..." very well. I'm sure she knows it's an excuse... but having her primary break once, has left an impression that a backup is necessary!

Once she figures out my backups have backups, I might be in real hot water. Tho'... she did suggest a backup safe!

End-times are close... backups might become a spouse's 'primary'! Have you bought the requisite 10 mags per gun yet?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

COSteve wrote:

Just a confident -- "Here's my new gun ! Pretty dang cool, huh? " -- that should cover you --she will likely barely raise an eyebrow

--- with the cash you spend on world travel, it would seem you take care of business financially, so are possibly forgiven a few minor indiscretions ---- I personally dont forsake my wife, but a modest $800 dollar "fly ball" usuaLLY isn't enough to even trouble her with.

--- I'm not a rich guy and am in a period of lockdown myself , but its self imposed --- the missus has always trusted me to be somewhat careful with the out-flow -- like i trust her not to buy $500 purses and such now that we are both working towards a big goal

(she is far more concerned with my off road motorcycle racing habit and the resulting injuries than she is my recreational firearms usage :lol: :lol: -- so if it comes to a face-off, just tell her you could be racing motocross and ask if that would be better? )
----- Doug
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I ran 100rds through my Range Officer today and all went boringly well. No jams, no feeding issues, no problems. I'm really liking the trigger on it and at 50yds I could keep an 8" group on a paper plate which is pretty good for these old eyes. I put some florescent orange on the top half of the serrated front sight plane to help me see it and that worked very well with the target rear sights. I think this one is a keeper so my son's purchase of my Mil-Spec is assured.
Steve
1894c

Post by 1894c »

COSteve wrote:I ran 100rds through my Range Officer today and all went boringly well. No jams, no feeding issues, no problems. I'm really liking the trigger on it and at 50yds I could keep an 8" group on a paper plate which is pretty good for these old eyes. I put some florescent orange on the top half of the serrated front sight plane to help me see it and that worked very well with the target rear sights. I think this one is a keeper so my son's purchase of my Mil-Spec is assured.
COSteve -- keep telling yourself that...you'll be ok...only kidding...i have heard of nothing but good things about those RO's... :)
Last edited by 1894c on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

COSteve: I know and share your pain. I went to my local firearms emporium this afternoon to purchase a can of SR4759. Walked out with the powder and a S&W Model15-3.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

One of my problems is that I can justify these things because, "my son's wants XYZ and as a grad student, he's poor." While true, he can stand to wait until he gets his PhD but I can subconsciously twist my want into his 'need'. I'm an addict, I know but what is a father to do?

Besides, I'm 65 (in 6 days) have the money to enjoy life, and the wife will just have to get use to it!

.......... No, I didn't think that wife comment would work either but it sounded good. I just guess I'll find a good hiding place for any new purchase, keep doing the credit card justifications, and hope for the best.
Steve
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Just remember, your right, or your happy. :wink: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Pitchy wrote:Just remember, your right, or your happy. :wink: :lol:
Are secretly married to my wife too? You know her cold!!
Steve
1894c

Post by 1894c »

COSteve wrote:One of my problems is that I can justify these things because, "my son's wants XYZ and as a grad student, he's poor." While true, he can stand to wait until he gets his PhD but I can subconsciously twist my want into his 'need'. I'm an addict, I know but what is a father to do?

Besides, I'm 65 (in 6 days) have the money to enjoy life, and the wife will just have to get use to it!

.......... No, I didn't think that wife comment would work either but it sounded good. I just guess I'll find a good hiding place for any new purchase, keep doing the credit card justifications, and hope for the best.
isn't that what CUSTER said... :)