My new side lever

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

My new side lever

Post by iceman »

A while back I asked about the Zastava Z98 rifle. Most of the comments were positive.Last week I ordered a left hand in 6.5x55 Swede. It arrived Monday and I started to play with it. I was a little disappointed in that it didn't feed very well and was pretty gritty. i contacted the dealer and discussed the issue. He said to bring it in and he would look at it for me. I brought it back today and he agreed that it was not acceptable and promptly brought out another for me to look at and try.
This one is much better , feeds slick as glass and a very tolerable trigger for a new unfired rifle. While the wood is not as dark as I would like it will make a nice winter project to try and stain . i will mount a Bushnell Elite 2-7.5x32 scope on it and try some handloaded Hornady 140 gr interlocks with a healthy load of H4831. My next loads will be with Rel 22 but I have a lot of h4831 and I want to use some of it up first. Looking forward to trying it out within the next couple of weeks.
Sorry for the poor quality pic, batteries are dead in my camaera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My new side lever

Post by BenT »

Can't go wrong with the 6.5x55.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Looking forward to the range report :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

If I didn't have a lot of work to do this weekend I would have a report for you tomorrow. I have to bru=ing in next winters wood and a few other odd jobs to do. Once that is done I can work on the important stuff like hunting and shooting. Hopefully next weel i can have a detailed report. By the way the dealer was Trade Ex first class all the way..
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Nothing wrong with your choices sir 8) very servicable rifles them :D

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!