New Mernickle Holster - UPDATED

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

New Mernickle Holster - UPDATED

Post by 86er »

I got my new holster today made for my STI Shadow 3" 1911. While it is an okay holster the whole experience was not great. First, I called and discussed where I wanted the holster to sit. I was told I needed a PS6 Medium Ride (with slight modifications). I was also told that it was "otherwise the same as the PS6 High Ride". Well, that holster has a piece on the back that tucks in your pants to support the weight of the grip from pulling outward. Obviously this one doesn't. Also, if you view the website you will see the PS6 plain comes in a dark brown/brown burgundy like color. This one is clearly not that dark. It does fit the gun nicely. I was quoted 4-5 weeks and it arrived in 7 weeks. Since it is "made to order" it cannot be returned. From the one phone call to the faxed order form there was no communication at all, and UPS finally delivered it. Anyway, here it is ...

UPDATE - see my reply to this posting....
Last edited by 86er on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Re: New Mernickle Holster

Post by dennie »

86er, from a company that is supposed to be in the upper echelon of leather makers, this only looks to be a decent holster. Seems like their CS sucks as well.
I can relate to the grip wanting to lean out. I have a Para-Ord P10.45. It is a 3" barrel with a ten round staggered mag. All that weight really makes the grip want to tilt out!
Sorry you had a bad experience.
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I'd say that piece that sticks up that is supposed to stick down inside your pants is a mistake on their part ..... a big enough mistake that they should make it right.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The stitching is not impressive. :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Been waiting for that review as I have been shopping around for holsters for a couple of guns, I guess I might wait some more.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I have seen Merninckles work up close -holsters that were being resold. Was not impressed at all... just as soon as order El Paso Saddlery or Bianchi for the carry guns

Ive dealt with a couple of custom makers... most are so over sold or so un organised they dont return phone calls or have to close the shop to catch up for weeks at a time.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

My brother gave me a Mernickle holster made for a 4" N Frame, and it's an excellent holster. I like carrying a 4" N Frame when I wear it.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Mernickle Holster - UPDATED

Post by 86er »

I emailed feedback to Mernickle early today. Bob Mernickle replied back twice and requested that I send photos. The person that took my order was Amy and she has since quit. He does not know why I was told the model I ordered could be made with a stabilizer and bodyshield. Only the Extreme Hi Ride comes with a stabilizer. He did not explain the color discrepancy. He also said the company is known for its excellent stitching and that the same people have been doing it for years. He offered to make it right for me however and whatever that takes for my satisfaction. Lastly he told me to go ahead and use it if I need to between now and whenever we decide what the final outcome will be. I sent a bunch of photos and detailed the poor execution of the front belt slot and pointed out a few bad stitches that pulled through the leather. I also included a photo of the belt I had in mind for this holster that matches the image on his website but it quite a bit darker than the holster I received. I'm going to continue this dialogue with Bob and see how it works out. I'll let you know...
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

One thing They don't need is bad PR, I'm glad They are willing to work with You.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I'm glad they are working with you. I have a Mernickle holster that is first class. I was dissapointed to see the lack of quality in your holster. It is good to hear that Mr Mernickle says he is going to make it right. Keep us posted.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have never seen a bad Mernickle holster nor have I ever heard that they would not work with the customer to make an order right (one order in which the shipping box apparently got the wrong label so that would have been two orders perhaps).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Joe I do hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction. I bought two of the SAA CCW holsters, PS6SA I think, one for my 5 1/2" Colt .45 and one for my grandson's Ruger NV 4 3/4" .357. Both of them are of excellent quality and carry just fine.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15