Leaving for the range

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Leaving for the range

Post by Steelbanger »

I really need to get some sight settings for a silhouette match tomorrow so today is the day for that. The bullets have been cast, ammo is loaded and I just made the targets. I spray-paint my silhouettes on cardboard using stencils that I made years ago using heavy plastic sheet material. Here are a few pics from earlier this morning.
DSCN9617.JPG
DSCN9615.JPG
DSCN9614.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Leaving for the range

Post by Griff »

Cool idea on the heavy plastic sheet as the template. Wonderin' if you should go into production... I would buy a set. At least of the ½ size ones.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool, have fun. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

This morning I had the range to myself, a most uncommon situation. I probably shot for 2 hours and only while I was pulling my targets someone arrived to shoot. That is perfect timing. I shot two rifles, a 32-20 and a 44 Mag. The 32-20 still doesn't please me so the 44 gets to go for the long ride to the match tomorrow.

Here's what used targets look like. Sometimes I save them when they only have 22 cal. holes but I tossed these today.
DSCN9618.JPG
Griff, I don't have access to those plastic sheets any longer. They were protective slip sheets which came between polymer printing plates when I was a working man. I gave away hundreds of those sheets over the years and the last time I had any my old employer surprised me and delivered a stack of those sheets a few years after I retired. Why didn't I think of selling some? I could be sitting pretty with a huge mail order business. Think I should copyright your idea?

I have two sets of templates, one for the IHMSA 22 cal targets and the other are the half size of NRA Hunter Pistol, Smallbore and PC lever action silhouette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I have used some made from a sheet of Marlite (sp) for years, works fine. Thin masonite would work as well.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thats what Gunny and I need to do. Much better than regular targets. I believe I can make 'em out of a thin tough cardboard. Thanks Frank!------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I would buy a good template for the IHMSA .22 rimfire targets.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

Hobie,

If I'm not mistaken IHMSA rimfire targets are 1/2 size just like as NRA Hunter Pistol, Smallbore Levergun and Pistol cartridge levergun. The main difference is the thickness of the steel they are made of. I made a set out of cardboard.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

41 Redhawk,

IHMSA 22 targets were/are 3/8 scale but Field Pistol uses 1/2 size. Not positive but that is the number that popped into my head.

I shot two matches yesterday evening, PC & SB Cowboy. Highlight of my evening was a 10 in a row on rams with the 44 Mag. Still needing turkeys with both guns and rams in CLA.

Now I have two rifles to clean. Then comes the ever growing list of things to do here. I really don't know how women handle running a house neatly and efficiently. I wish I had paid better attention.
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

No range for me for the time being. 105º yesterday, 106 today. It's already in the upper 70s at 0640. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Steelbanger wrote:41 Redhawk,

IHMSA 22 targets were/are 3/8 scale but Field Pistol uses 1/2 size. Not positive but that is the number that popped into my head.
That is correct :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

These guys have good prices on mylar sheets
http://polyester-sheets.com/mylar-sheet.htm
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »