POLITICS - Musings from the Miller: We need a law that:

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

POLITICS - Musings from the Miller: We need a law that:

Post by J Miller »

Personally I believe that as old as this country is there should be a law:

>Forcing congress to research every single bill introduced to see if it, or something like it has been passed before. If it has then it's scratched off the roster.

>Every new bill introduced would have to pass a B.O.R. test. If it fails it's scratched from the roster.

>For every new law passed two old ones have to be repealed.

>Every person over the age of 68 will be forced to retire from every branch and division of the government. This includes the SCOTUS.

>No body would be allowed to run for government if during their terms they would reach or pass the age of 68.

>No body would be allowed more than two terms.

>After those two terms the person must resign from the government. No lobbying jobs, no running for a different office, no pensions, no secret service protection, no perks.

>After one half of a married couple serves his/her terms in office, the other half of the couple is forbidden from running for the same office.
This would also apply to children of elected officials as well.

>Campaign costs would be paid for by a special fund set up specifically for the purpose. No candidate would be allowed to use any of their own money or accept donations from anybody.
Private parties or corporations could donate to the election campaign general fund, but not to an individual.

>Persons running for office would have to pass a redundant series of tests to prove their are eligible to hold an elected office. Only after they passed these tests they would be allowed to run.
One of the tests would be a detailed hand written essay detailing what the Bill Of Rights means.

Like I said, I'm just musing. Any body got any other non partisan ideas to go with mine?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ridgerunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ridgerunner »

I basically concur, kind of goes along with the suitability test I advocate for having kids....If you can't support AND care for them, you can't have 'em.....
Confederately yours,

Ridgerunner
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I believe we should pass a law, that says we can't pass any new laws unless they reduce taxes.

It's interesting that we are one of the few societies that disrespects our elders.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just arresting and if convicted, jailing, any government official who either does something to violate the Constitution, or proposes legislation which would do so, would be a great start.

On the 'gun' issue, I don't think any government official or police officer should be allowed to carry, or have a body guard who carries, any gun which an 'ordinary' citizen couldn't carry. Thus, in New Jersey, no cop or political bodyguard could carry a handgun with hollowpoints, or using a magazine holding more than ten rounds. In Illinois, there would be NO armed cops or bodyguards. Let them play by the rules they want to shove down our throats!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I dont see the need for an age limit. The younger folks are the ones most indoctrinated to the nanny state.

Other than that I agree.

A suitability test for kids is about as draconian as I can think of. I see no need to help people if theyre healthy & not making a go of it but decideing who can & who cant have children is just wrong. Thats Gods choice.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I think there should be a job evaluation referendum on each politician and bureaucrat leaving office.

Those that receive a positive vote should be given a nice pension and lauded as respected retired public servants.

Those that receive a negative vote should be throw into a wood-chipper during half-time

:) .
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

The primarys for POTUS should all be held on the same day at the same 4 hour or so time frame across the nation. Half or whole day off for people that work for a living so they can vote based on your one fund for all candidates idea. Less chance of the MSM getting involved.
Phil
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

1894 wrote:The primarys for POTUS should all be held on the same day at the same 4 hour or so time frame across the nation. Half or whole day off for people that work for a living so they can vote based on your one fund for all candidates idea. Less chance of the MSM getting involved.
No rewards for voting.....It's a civic duty......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

BlaineG wrote:
1894 wrote:The primarys for POTUS should all be held on the same day at the same 4 hour or so time frame across the nation. Half or whole day off for people that work for a living so they can vote based on your one fund for all candidates idea. Less chance of the MSM getting involved.
To keep it in a 4 or 6 hour time frame total including the East coast to hawaii in the same 4-6 hours to minimize the MSMs input makes it tough.
I don't call it a reward , just want it done all at the same time So all the candidates get thier fair share of the popular vote.
Phil
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

1894 wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
To keep it in a 4 or 6 hour time frame total including the East coast to hawaii in the same 4-6 hours to minimize the MSMs input makes it tough.
I don't call it a reward , just want it done all at the same time So all the candidates get thier fair share of the popular vote.
It could be done in one day, but the Parties would not go along with it...makes for too much of an even playing field for them........I would like to see the media forbidden to announce "winners" before the last polling in HI takes place.......

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Along the same lines there should be no campaigning like we have today. Everyone gets equal exposure to the public, no personal money or donations allowed to promote one over the other. Just equal exposure in the media & public events. Its nuts the way we do it pretty much based on the guy that can buy the most exposure & pay for the worst defamation of the others.

To me it often looks like a bunch of children scrambling after the last hershey bar to watch these idiots trying to win an election. It should be based simply on a candidates past performance, credibility & agenda, not on how big his fortune is or if he's getting enough endorsements from corporate wealth.

I know I sound like a broken record but useing past performance & credibility as the litmus Ron Paul is the only one that passes. Even if he is a fruitcake.
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

10-4 Joe.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I'd like to see the changes in property tax. Too many people are pressured to lose their homes in some areas of the country.

Also, I'd like to see a flat tax rate. Everyone pays 10% no matter what.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

I don't mind welfare for those that are truly in need and trying to get by, but it must be limited...to say a year (enough time to find a job). Also, if you're on welfare, you should be doing a civic duty in return for the taxpayer's money. Say, be a crossing guard, or mow the median strips on highways, or pick up trash in the National/State Parks. Doesn't have to be full-time (after all, you still need to be looking for work elsewhere), but at leat half-time. Think of all the tax dollars that could be saved versus having to pay for both now! Lastly, cut out the additional money for every additional child you have. Just encourages bad habits.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Re: POLITICS - Musings from the Miller: We need a law that:

Post by gary rice »

J Miller wrote:Personally I believe that as old as this country is there should be a law:

>Forcing congress to research every single bill introduced to see if it, or something like it has been passed before. If it has then it's scratched off the roster.

>Every new bill introduced would have to pass a B.O.R. test. If it fails it's scratched from the roster.

>For every new law passed two old ones have to be repealed.

>Every person over the age of 68 will be forced to retire from every branch and division of the government. This includes the SCOTUS.

>No body would be allowed to run for government if during their terms they would reach or pass the age of 68.

>No body would be allowed more than two terms.

>After those two terms the person must resign from the government. No lobbying jobs, no running for a different office, no pensions, no secret service protection, no perks.

>After one half of a married couple serves his/her terms in office, the other half of the couple is forbidden from running for the same office.
This would also apply to children of elected officials as well.

>Campaign costs would be paid for by a special fund set up specifically for the purpose. No candidate would be allowed to use any of their own money or accept donations from anybody.
Private parties or corporations could donate to the election campaign general fund, but not to an individual.

>Persons running for office would have to pass a redundant series of tests to prove their are eligible to hold an elected office. Only after they passed these tests they would be allowed to run.
One of the tests would be a detailed hand written essay detailing what the Bill Of Rights means.

Like I said, I'm just musing. Any body got any other non partisan ideas to go with mine? joe, im definitely with you for two terms for congress. they are for the most part not there to serve us but to serve themselves.

Joe
g rice
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

alnitak wrote:I don't mind welfare for those that are truly in need and trying to get by, but it must be limited...to say a year (enough time to find a job). Also, if you're on welfare, you should be doing a civic duty in return for the taxpayer's money. Say, be a crossing guard, or mow the median strips on highways, or pick up trash in the National/State Parks. Doesn't have to be full-time (after all, you still need to be looking for work elsewhere), but at leat half-time. Think of all the tax dollars that could be saved versus having to pay for both now! Lastly, cut out the additional money for every additional child you have. Just encourages bad habits.
The thing is, if you've been working all along and hit on bad times, you've already paid for it.........

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

>Forcing congress to research every single bill...
Heck, I'd be thrilled if they would just read the bills they vote for. Often they don't even bother with that.
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

Talk about day dreaming :lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

bigbore442001 wrote:...I'd like to see a flat tax rate. Everyone pays 10% no matter what...
Nah, I'm a poor working stiff, own my own business and don't pay that much now. Any more, or rather, any less deductions, and I might as well give up and become one of parasites by collecting on a lifetime of paying taxes.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Scoutmaster
Levergunner

Post by Scoutmaster »

AJMD429 wrote:Just arresting and if convicted, jailing, any government official who either does something to violate the Constitution, or proposes legislation which would do so, would be a great start.
Great idea, but I'd say try them for treason and if convicted hold a public execution. Too many good people have died protecting our rights to allow treasonous vermin to live.
Don
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Scoutmaster wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:Just arresting and if convicted, jailing, any government official who either does something to violate the Constitution, or proposes legislation which would do so, would be a great start.
Great idea, but I'd say try them for treason and if convicted hold a public execution. Too many good people have died protecting our rights to allow treasonous vermin to live.
Don
+1776! (using the wood chipper idea of course)

No age limit. (required yearly evalutation)
Two days off to vote. (primary, general, pick any number of existing Federal hoidays)
Mandatory voting record disclosure.
Test on Constitution/Bill of Rights/Federalist Papers and History.
EQUAL msm coverage.
REQUIRED DEBATES with EQUAL time. Debates, one on one. NO softball, screwball question msm stuff.
How 'bout 1% flat tax if that! Generally, the less one has the more responsible one has to be.
NO entitlements, let ME pick my own charities!
Barred from lobbyin' after public service.
NO involvement past, current, or future with security contractors, etc. for ANY Fed job.
etc., etc., etc..

Lotta common sense here, now let's make it happpen. :wink:

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul